• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spurs v Cardiff

#41 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 07 October 2018 - 16:23

Haha surprisingly I wasnít drunk ...I just have a feeling about us in the Premier league this year, dunno why lol

#42 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Trevor Brooking

Posted 07 October 2018 - 16:42

View PostSpursDan, on 07 October 2018 - 16:23, said:

Haha surprisingly I wasnít drunk ...I just have a feeling about us in the Premier league this year, dunno why lol

Yep, I know where you're coming from, I also have a strange feeling we're going to win something. Once we get in that stadium and turn it into a fortress we'll be a different proposition. Couple that with the injury situation improving which has allowed some a rest and suddenly everything points to a successful season.

We're sticking with the pace, whilst all around once again write us off, the more they do that, the more likely we'll prove them wrong.

COYS !! :spurs: :spurs:

#43 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 October 2018 - 17:41

2 points between 5th and 1st is really tight for 8 games in.

We've definitely been poor but found a way to pick up points. We need players back from injury asap as we're still in all comps and don't have the squad to cope with it at present.

#44 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 October 2018 - 19:11

View Posttomtom, on 07 October 2018 - 17:41, said:

2 points between 5th and 1st is really tight for 8 games in.

We've definitely been poor but found a way to pick up points. We need players back from injury asap as we're still in all comps and don't have the squad to cope with it at present.

Can't believe the constant misery that accompanies this though, to depressing tbh.

#45 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 October 2018 - 22:17

View PostYidio Yidio, on 07 October 2018 - 19:11, said:

Can't believe the constant misery that accompanies this though, to depressing tbh.

I agree. I'm pretty optimistic that things are going to start to click soon and we'll be a force to be reckoned with but equally we're a couple injuries away from being in trouble and can understand concerns based on our performances so far.

#46 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 October 2018 - 22:53

View Posttomtom, on 07 October 2018 - 22:17, said:

I agree. I'm pretty optimistic that things are going to start to click soon and we'll be a force to be reckoned with but equally we're a couple injuries away from being in trouble and can understand concerns based on our performances so far.

Problem is, we actually won this weekend. Concerns are fine, misery isn't. It's misery mate.

#47 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:23

I remember Old Red Nose Fergie once saying that you win titles by grinding out 1-0 wins - it may not be pretty but thats the way its done.

We have played pretty poorly all season, with the exception of the Manu Utd result but we are 2 points off of top spot. Yes we have had a relatively easy run of games, playing all of the bottom 4 sides, but a win is a win. The real test comes over the next run of games. Our next five PL fixtures include a home game against City and away against Chelsea, together with a visit to a very good Wolves side.

I dont think that anybody doubts that we need all players fit for those. This isnt negativity, its fact

#COYS

#48 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:31

View Posttomtom, on 07 October 2018 - 22:17, said:

TBH TomTom you were also pretty optimistic that we were going to buy a few players in the closing couple of weeks of the summer window too, so your track record isnt too great :getyacoat: :getyacoat: (only joking)

#49 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 October 2018 - 16:36

View Poststokesie, on 04 October 2018 - 16:07, said:

I love warnock .

Here's reason number 987 why I don't

https://twitter.com/...612123704807435

#50 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 October 2018 - 16:38

View PostSteveB, on 08 October 2018 - 08:31, said:

TBH TomTom you were also pretty optimistic that we were going to buy a few players in the closing couple of weeks of the summer window too, so your track record isnt too great :getyacoat: :getyacoat: (only joking)

hey I'll hold my hand up and say I got that wrong, but I know Poch and Levy felt the same way as me around that time. I'm still a little baffled as to how we still have everyone we do on the books and didn't bring anyone in... I know the individual reasons for certain transfers falling apart, and the overall policy of Poch & the scouting staff saying they don't want 3rd choice or panic buys, but how on earth we failed to even identify one first choice we could bring in before the deadline is beyond me.

#51 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2018 - 17:24

View Posttomtom, on 08 October 2018 - 16:38, said:

hey I'll hold my hand up and say I got that wrong, but I know Poch and Levy felt the same way as me around that time. I'm still a little baffled as to how we still have everyone we do on the books and didn't bring anyone in... I know the individual reasons for certain transfers falling apart, and the overall policy of Poch & the scouting staff saying they don't want 3rd choice or panic buys, but how on earth we failed to even identify one first choice we could bring in before the deadline is beyond me.

Takes a big man to hold his hand up - if I had a had a hat I would take it off to you ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

#52 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:09

View Posttomtom, on 08 October 2018 - 16:38, said:

hey I'll hold my hand up and say I got that wrong, but how on earth we failed to even identify one first choice we could bring in before the deadline is beyond me.

In hindsight its now easy to conclude that it would have been difficult for the scouting team to come up with better players than we already have.

I really do think that the way to go is one quality proven player bought in per summer window but of course levy doesnt risk take and this is possibly what poch was asking for and didnt want plan b players ?

I must admit i thought both parkie and yourself were absolutely logical and correct in assuming a couple of late buys would come in .

#53 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:33

As regards this thing about Poch not wanting to,bring in 2nd or 3rd choice players. What does he do wait for the 1st choice players to become available? What if some their club still refuse to sell or another club buys them? Does he wait and wait . If there are non2nd choice players we will never buy anyone.

#54 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:15

You're right Griff and to a degree that is what happened. As much as you can blame Levy for not backing the manager well enough in some cases but choices like Martial and Zaha just weren't made available.

The scouting team are obviously trying to prevent more Janssen and Sissoko like deals when our primary targets fail. I suppose it'll be different when we do have to replace a player (eg if Toby or Dembele go in January, Poch's hand will be forced to accept someone who is available - hopefully someone who he wants).

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users