• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PSV vs Tottenham

#41 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 24 October 2018 - 20:05

Well, that's that,, can't understand why it's so important to finish in top 4 anymore,, it's not like we are trying to even win CL and it is defiantly not to attract top players to our club because,,, well we all know why. Maybe it is just s o levy gets the CL cash,, psv are horse sh1t and like most other games this team is crying out for a winner,,,,a real player who won't settle for winning 1-0 or 2-1,, we like most times were so on top of that game yet toyed about with them rather than knocked them out cold, thus my friends is what we are missing a real top level player who would fight with his own team mates if we don't win

#42 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 24 October 2018 - 20:08

Disappointing but not mad at it. We haven't got the squad to compete on multiple fronts in my view and being knocked out of Europe might not be the end of the world. Apart from Man City who we weren't never in the races with last season we've been pipped to the title twice by teams not in Europe.

We're right on the coat tails and Mondays match is far more important in my view than anything the CL has to offer this year. City have wiped the floor with us recently and we need to get some kind of result and keep us right in amongst it all. If we get something and keep picking up results we could be in for a really good season in my view as we never get going till mid December when no team can live with ua till end of March but we're normally too far back by December and constantly playing catch up .

#43 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 24 October 2018 - 20:14

View Postaramak, on 24 October 2018 - 20:08, said:

Disappointing but not mad at it. We haven't got the squad to compete on multiple fronts in my view and being knocked out of Europe might not be the end of the world. Apart from Man City who we weren't never in the races with last season we've been pipped to the title twice by teams not in Europe.

We're right on the coat tails and Mondays match is far more important in my view than anything the CL has to offer this year. City have wiped the floor with us recently and we need to get some kind of result and keep us right in amongst it all. If we get something and keep picking up results we could be in for a really good season in my view as we never get going till mid December when no team can live with ua till end of March but we're normally too far back by December and constantly playing catch up .

This is why if we don't stay in the CL then I think we would benefit from one game a week and have a real go at the league, league cup and fa cup.
When I watch us we look tired , I know it is seen as a myth that players are tired but I can only post what I see and at this moment in time two games a week with our squad at the level we are competing at after this summer's exploits is taking it's toll.

The only players who look fresh and press with intent are moura and lamela who had a summer off .
Son , another player who to looks fooked before we start a game

#44 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 24 October 2018 - 20:21

View PostSpurs scout, on 24 October 2018 - 20:02, said:

:rolleyes: did Lloris play well against Westham?

Lloris is having an On and Off game.
He had a bad game against Barcelona and PSV but a good game against West Ham.

But it can't continue like that...
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#45 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • Group: Admin

Posted 24 October 2018 - 21:40

Needed to close this one tbh. We played them off the pitch until the red card. Even after the 2 2 we were better with 10 then their 11...

@Tom that's a red all day long. Hugo lost control over his body. Lozano is a lil s*** bag who makes the most of everything, but Hugo couldn't control his action anymore. When you look at the replay you can even see him losing control. After that he hits and for a me an easy red.

Problem is we'll probably get in Europe league. :(

#46 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2018 - 22:13

If Sanches' goal was offside then do was PSV equaliser. But we should be 5 goals clear by that moment. We were so dominant and couldnt make it count. Soooooo disappointing. We should have 6 points in the UCL and somehow we only have 1...

#47 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 24 October 2018 - 22:21

I've watched the sending off a few times and agree he is out of control but I wouldn't call it a particularly dangerous tackle .
What I can't understand is at what point hugo deemed it necessary to think he had to come out , it was poor judgement and awful reading of what was unfolding in front of him.

That being said our defending for their second is dreadful bar Sanchez who makes a fantastic defensive header , to let that fella have that amount of time at the edge of the box is criminal especially with a man down as we should have been tight and compact.

#48 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 October 2018 - 23:46

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 24 October 2018 - 21:40, said:

Needed to close this one tbh. We played them off the pitch until the red card. Even after the 2 2 we were better with 10 then their 11...

@Tom that's a red all day long. Hugo lost control over his body. Lozano is a lil s*** bag who makes the most of everything, but Hugo couldn't control his action anymore. When you look at the replay you can even see him losing control. After that he hits and for a me an easy red.

Problem is we'll probably get in Europe league. :(

Only watched in pub a few drinks down and not seen it back but to me Toby was further back at the time of the challenge so Hugo wasn't last man. Maybe I'm wrong.

#49 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:57

View Postwillyid82, on 24 October 2018 - 22:21, said:

I've watched the sending off a few times and agree he is out of control but I wouldn't call it a particularly dangerous tackle .
What I can't understand is at what point hugo deemed it necessary to think he had to come out , it was poor judgement and awful reading of what was unfolding in front of him.

That being said our defending for their second is dreadful bar Sanchez who makes a fantastic defensive header , to let that fella have that amount of time at the edge of the box is criminal especially with a man down as we should have been tight and compact.

+ the fact that luuk de jong, their striker, had so much space when he hit that ball . We were all over the place with that goal.

#50 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:40

1 point from a possible 9, even with the issues we've faced, isn't good enough and Hugo is in no small part to blame. He made us chase the game Vs Barca and meant we had to try and close out a game Vs PSV down a man... Both these things could have possibly cost us.

I've not quite given up on him but his decision making in the last 14 months has been way worse than the rest of the time he's been with us. If it's poor form then we can wait it out, but I hope we're testing his reflexes, pace and reaction times regularly to ensure it's not a rapid decline - if it is we need his replacement asap.

Also Toby isn't the same faultless world class CB he was pre injury. He did really well to get back and make the challenge and was unlucky it went in but in his first 2 seasons I don't remember him being caught on the ball like that once.

#51 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:02

I prefer we finished last and don't end up in the Europa Cup.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#52 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:26

Let’s be honest, Loris,is a great shot stopper and is very fast coming off his line. Poch plays this high line defence which makes us vulnerable to balls played through or over the defence. That’s why we need a keeper who can come,off his line quickly. The trouble with Hugo is that he sprints off his line on occasions when he does not need to. His judgement is lacking this season especially. According to Poch,we have the best goalkeeping coach in the world.Cant Tony and Hugo sort it out. Better still stop playing high line, both Toby and Jan are not as fast as they were two years ago and when Trippier and Davies play it’s very risky.

Porch likes his fullbacks to provide the width and speed'on the flanks, but neither Trippier nor Davies are fast. We bought Moura, a winger, but we do,not use him out wide all that much.
I’m getting fed up,of both Poch and Levy at the moment. All this talk of why we didn’t buy in the Summer, being happy with the squad, not being able to get first choice players in etc etc is getting a bit b loody boring now.

#53 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:29

View Postgriff, on 25 October 2018 - 08:26, said:

Let’s be honest, Loris,is a great shot stopper and is very fast coming off his line. Poch plays this high line defence which makes us vulnerable to balls played through or over the defence. That’s why we need a keeper who can come,off his line quickly. The trouble with Hugo is that he sprints off his line on occasions when he does not need to. His judgement is lacking this season especially. According to Poch,we have the best goalkeeping coach in the world.Cant Tony and Hugo sort it out. Better still stop playing high line, both Toby and Jan are not as fast as they were two years ago and when Trippier and Davies play it’s very risky.

Agree totally. Lloris does not seem to suit the style of play that Poch is going for but he is desperately trying to make it work. Guardiola was more cut throat and got rid of Hart as soon as he realized it wasn't going to work and then even axed his replacement Bravo. I really don't want to see Lloris go because he is our captain and he can be such a great keeper when he wants to be, but he is costing us at times (and saving us others)

#54 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 25 October 2018 - 09:03

Not getting into the Hugo debate as I've stated my opinion quite a few times

#55 User is offline   Mattaoz87 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2018 - 09:45

View PostChrisPienaar, on 25 October 2018 - 08:29, said:

Agree totally. Lloris does not seem to suit the style of play that Poch is going for but he is desperately trying to make it work. Guardiola was more cut throat and got rid of Hart as soon as he realized it wasn't going to work and then even axed his replacement Bravo. I really don't want to see Lloris go because he is our captain and he can be such a great keeper when he wants to be, but he is costing us at times (and saving us others)

I still think Hugo does enough to warrant his place in the team. In fact, the last two games are a perfect example of how one hand, he basically won us 3 points (against the spammers) and then equally contributed significantly to us losing 3. 9 times out of 10 he gets those off the line decisions spot on but the problem is when he doesn’t, it either results in a goal or something like what happened last night. I think we’d struggle to get someone of his standard but if we did decide to replace him, I’d suggest giving Gazzaniga a run of games.

Davies was woeful IMO last night. God knows what’s happened to him but he should not be anywhere near are starting 11 in such poor form. All season we seem content on playing cr@p boring possession football when we’re winning rather than going for the kill against these average teams.

#56 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 25 October 2018 - 11:18

View PostMattaoz87, on 25 October 2018 - 09:45, said:

I still think Hugo does enough to warrant his place in the team. In fact, the last two games are a perfect example of how one hand, he basically won us 3 points (against the spammers) and then equally contributed significantly to us losing 3. 9 times out of 10 he gets those off the line decisions spot on but the problem is when he doesn’t, it either results in a goal or something like what happened last night. I think we’d struggle to get someone of his standard but if we did decide to replace him, I’d suggest giving Gazzaniga a run of games.

Davies was woeful IMO last night. God knows what’s happened to him but he should not be anywhere near are starting 11 in such poor form. All season we seem content on playing cr@p boring possession football when we’re winning rather than going for the kill against these average teams.

I thought the same about Davies , he was awful against inter as well.
He is performing at best championship standard at the moment and is a weakness.

#57 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 October 2018 - 11:54

We created chances at 2-1. Lamela hit the bar, Eriksen struck one straight at the keeper, there were others too. Those criticisms are valid in other games but we went for the win in this one but were unlucky and naive and got sucker punched.

#58 User is offline   Mattaoz87 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:58

View Posttomtom, on 25 October 2018 - 11:54, said:

We created chances at 2-1. Lamela hit the bar, Eriksen struck one straight at the keeper, there were others too. Those criticisms are valid in other games but we went for the win in this one but were unlucky and naive and got sucker punched.

Yea true to be fair. There just seems to be a kind of lackluster attitude in some of the games this year. We deffinatley dont press as much

#59 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 October 2018 - 14:19

Thought we played well, deserved to win.
Europa league now for us . At least we actually stand a chance of competing in this .

#60 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 October 2018 - 14:37

View Poststokesie, on 26 October 2018 - 14:19, said:

Thought we played well, deserved to win.
Europa league now for us . At least we actually stand a chance of competing in this .

Agreed. Slimmest of chances we still progress but I wouldn't bet much on it

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users