• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Poch to Madrid ? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:27

Well it looks like that rumour is rearing its head again. If Poch were to take it I cant say that I would blame him after the debacle of the transfer window and the new stadium. Lots of promises and nothing delivered

If he were to go, and hopefully he wont, who would you want to come in to replace him ?

#2 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:44

Brendan Rodgers is favourite to join us apparently if poch goes . Lol.......can’t say I would mind that , he likes to play the right way . .......just can’t even think about poch going to be honest .

3 seasons of “building “ “project” “philosophy” ....then they get f***ed off with levy and leave .

Please ENIC sell up and go

#3 User is offline   Mattaoz87 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:47

Poch deserves better than working under toxic Daniel Levy who will eventually alienate every manager who works underneath him ….not to mention virtually the entire fan base. Carragher was spot on last night with his analysis….We have one of the best managers in the world but a chairman unwilling to back him and our net spend over the last 4 years demonstrates that. I’m sure we’ll hear the Levy lovers banging on about the infrastructure of the club but we all know the fans care about silverware and with no investment, we’ll not only lose Poch who clearly is sick of Levy’s cr@p but eventually our top players….. We all know this is going to happen. Enjoy Europa in our new stadium guys!

#4 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:56

If he goes and I hope and pray that he doesn't I would look at Rafa - he is an exceptional manager working under a cr@p chairman in Ashley

#5 User is online   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:01

If you really think Poch is off it's worth a few quid.

Antonio Conte 5/4

Roberto Martinez 11/1

Arsene Wenger 16/1

Mauricio Pochettino 20/1

#6 User is online   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:03

With his pre match interview saying it's the most unhappy he's been in 5 years and talking about being expected to compete for trophies with no stadium and no new additions I'm less confident of him staying than I was.

However. I don't see Levy letting him go for any money or Poch pushing to leave. Furthermore unless Conte upsets Perez too much in their negotiations we know he's first choice at present.

#7 User is offline   Mattaoz87 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:21

I think United is more likely thabn Madrid at this point.

#8 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:15

View PostMattaoz87, on 30 October 2018 - 10:21, said:

I think United is more likely thabn Madrid at this point.

That's what I believe

#9 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2018 - 12:59

I cant see him going to another prem side

#10 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 October 2018 - 13:22

Levy has pochettino well tied up contract wise and it would cost real madrid "real" big money !
Perez has been touted as reluctant to deal with levy after the bale saga all those years ago........! and i would imagine it would be highly embarrassing for the spanish pig to come cap in hand to levy for a poch enquiry after such a one sided so called" special relationship " between the clubs.

I suppose its down to how much real want to rescue their season and how much perez will bend over to levy,s financial demands.

My opinion is that perez wont come after pochettino right now because he knows it would mean massive compensation.

Even though its rumoured the conte appointment has hit problems i would imagine he will eventually be their new coach ! maybe wenger could be appointed caretaker manager until their new bloke is found.

Its between conte and wenger in my opinion.

#11 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 October 2018 - 14:44

That would suit levy down to the ground that . Madrid pay big money for poch . Levy then appoints Eddie Howe . Shoe string budget and The project then starts again .

#12 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2018 - 15:00

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 30 October 2018 - 13:22, said:

Levy has pochettino well tied up contract wise and it would cost real madrid "real" big money !
Perez has been touted as reluctant to deal with levy after the bale saga all those years ago........! and i would imagine it would be highly embarrassing for the spanish pig to come cap in hand to levy for a poch enquiry after such a one sided so called" special relationship " between the clubs.

I suppose its down to how much real want to rescue their season and how much perez will bend over to levy,s financial demands.

My opinion is that perez wont come after pochettino right now because he knows it would mean massive compensation.

Even though its rumoured the conte appointment has hit problems i would imagine he will eventually be their new coach ! maybe wenger could be appointed caretaker manager until their new bloke is found.

Its between conte and wenger in my opinion.

Good to see you back BB

#13 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 30 October 2018 - 15:10

View Poststokesie, on 30 October 2018 - 14:44, said:

That would suit levy down to the ground that . Madrid pay big money for poch . Levy then appoints Eddie Howe . Shoe string budget and The project then starts again .

Thats the one you got it my friend. :niceone:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#14 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 October 2018 - 16:00

I can’t see Poch going at this stage of the season. Would be a devastating loss for us.

What I do see is the frustration that Poch is holding back. He normally sees the positives in everything but I think even he is starting to suffer from the hits we have received this season. He then gets slated by some supporters but the truth is what more can he do with no home stadium and a zero to negative budget 🤔

#15 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2018 - 18:37

View PostChrisPienaar, on 30 October 2018 - 16:00, said:

I can’t see Poch going at this stage of the season. Would be a devastating loss for us.

What I do see is the frustration that Poch is holding back. He normally sees the positives in everything but I think even he is starting to suffer from the hits we have received this season. He then gets slated by some supporters but the truth is what more can he do with no home stadium and a zero to negative budget 🤔

I don't want to see Poch go, but wouldn't I be devastated either?

Whilst our basic level of football has been better than it has for many years, we haven't won anything since his arrival. Poch has signed many donkeys, and just about everyone questions many of his tactical and substitution decisions. AGAIN, I would rather he stayed. I would also question why Real Madrid would be interested in a manager with no real pedigree, but perhaps it's because they have tried out the rest :rolleyes: Well, put yourself in his position. We have several players unhappy and wanting to leave the club. Levy, being Levy, thinks they are worth far more than we can hope to sell them for, and whilst they remain they unbalance and upset the dressing room. On the other side of the coin he can't hope to sign any of the players he wants, because Levy thinks they are all too expensive. I would also ask all and any of you, would YOU want to work for Levy? Oh, and I forgot, Poch would probably earn three times as much working for RM as he does for Spurs. Yes, there is a new stadium, but is this really enough to make him want to stay?

Perhaps it is time for us to be discussing his replacement, and I quite fancy Eddie Howe

#16 User is online   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 October 2018 - 18:55

I like Eddie Howe too and if Poch had to go I'd want one of him or Rafa... but I'd be fully aware there would be a strong chance of us going backwards under either of them.

Whether or not Poch is tactically weak, or whether he believes in tactics that have won us more games than anything before and believes in his players to adapt to a situation - as they often do, whether he's bad at substitutions or is just limited by his options, and whether he's bad at playing the transfer market or we just get gazzumped/priced out of the players he really wants... He's managed to improve us immeasurably. We very rarely get hammered, we put together unbeaten and winning runs that break records that are older than I am, we get more points and higher finishes in the league than we have for decades, and IMO, he's changed the mentality of our club and the way we're perceived by others. No we haven't won anything yet, but we've done everything but and that would have been a dream come true for a Spurs fan pre Poch. He's shifted the bar so dramatically for our expectations that he's clearly a victim of his own success. We've spent literally 100Ms less than all the clubs around us and people are still complaining when we get a 1-0 loss against the most expensively assembled team in the world with one of the most decorated managers of all time at the helm.

In short, I hope he stays and gets more resources to do his job. I've no doubt he wants the Madrid job one day, not convinced he'd want it today though.

#17 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 30 October 2018 - 20:19

I would like Poch to get a fair crack of the whip. Until that happens no one has the right to judge him tactically because while I question choices he makes only he knows the quality and mind set of the players he have at his disposal. What he's done when even on Sky it showed he had a 29 million net spend in his five years while every other club around the top 6 had spent 200million+.

Yes, it looks like it's coming to an end purely because he seems reluctant to toe the line anymore but as much as he might fancy Madrid he knows he could be out of there in 12 months and the blokes not daft by any means. ManU are the one's purely on the fact that everything's in place to kick on and create another dynasty.

It's too big a risk for us to start another so called project again but if it does happen as much as I like Howe we need an experienced head and it would have to be Rafa or Rogers for me.

#18 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 October 2018 - 21:40

View Postold spur, on 30 October 2018 - 18:37, said:

I don't want to see Poch go, but wouldn't I be devastated either?

Whilst our basic level of football has been better than it has for many years, we haven't won anything since his arrival. Poch has signed many donkeys, and just about everyone questions many of his tactical and substitution decisions. AGAIN, I would rather he stayed. I would also question why Real Madrid would be interested in a manager with no real pedigree, but perhaps it's because they have tried out the rest :rolleyes: Well, put yourself in his position. We have several players unhappy and wanting to leave the club. Levy, being Levy, thinks they are worth far more than we can hope to sell them for, and whilst they remain they unbalance and upset the dressing room. On the other side of the coin he can't hope to sign any of the players he wants, because Levy thinks they are all too expensive. I would also ask all and any of you, would YOU want to work for Levy? Oh, and I forgot, Poch would probably earn three times as much working for RM as he does for Spurs. Yes, there is a new stadium, but is this really enough to make him want to stay?

Perhaps it is time for us to be discussing his replacement, and I quite fancy Eddie Howe

I’d be interested to know if the donkeys we’ve signed are his choices or a result of failing to offer enough money for the primary targets.

Poch has wanted Zaha for example for a long time, this is a player that would have a huge impact on the team. But we haven’t got him.

Instead we’ve panic bought sissoko and llorente and a few others. Not sure if poch, levy or both are to blame.

#19 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 October 2018 - 00:46

View PostChrisPienaar, on 30 October 2018 - 21:40, said:

I’d be interested to know if the donkeys we’ve signed are his choices or a result of failing to offer enough money for the primary targets.

Poch has wanted Zaha for example for a long time, this is a player that would have a huge impact on the team. But we haven’t got him.

Instead we’ve panic bought sissoko and llorente and a few others. Not sure if poch, levy or both are to blame.

Didnt pochettino,s book reveal that sissoko was a levy buy ? i believe it was quoted by poch that levy expected him to turn sissoko into a world class player.

Some of the others that have failed were apparently 2nd and 3rd choice targets and for me reading between the lines is the reason why pochettino only wanted primary transfer targets and why we bought no one this last summer window.

This failure to procure our primary transfer targets has been going on for years now : batsuayai & martial come to mind, plus i think we were keen on morata at one stage ; whether or not this is due to levy dallying around with fees is debatable but probably correct to some extent.

Of the the top 6 clubs in the premiership we are most likely 5th or 6th in the pecking order when it comes to being in for any potential new talent that starts to get noticed :

Most disappointing is our scouting system that does actually pin point good players only for someone else to come in and get them.

So it seems we might only get the janssen,s and sissoko,s unless the youth academy produces something special from time to time.

Personally i think pochettino needs a flair player in the mould of gareth bale to realise his ambitions at tottenham hotspur and players like that only emerge now and again.

Is zaha the answer ? i still think he would add something but he is well over priced by palace but thats a trend these days : " pay up or we keep the player " and that doesnt suit our chairman does it ?

#20 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:04

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 31 October 2018 - 00:46, said:

Didnt pochettino,s book reveal that sissoko was a levy buy ? i believe it was quoted by poch that levy expected him to turn sissoko into a world class player.

Some of the others that have failed were apparently 2nd and 3rd choice targets and for me reading between the lines is the reason why pochettino only wanted primary transfer targets and why we bought no one this last summer window.

This failure to procure our primary transfer targets has been going on for years now : batsuayai & martial come to mind, plus i think we were keen on morata at one stage ; whether or not this is due to levy dallying around with fees is debatable but probably correct to some extent.

Of the the top 6 clubs in the premiership we are most likely 5th or 6th in the pecking order when it comes to being in for any potential new talent that starts to get noticed :

Most disappointing is our scouting system that does actually pin point good players only for someone else to come in and get them.

So it seems we might only get the janssen,s and sissoko,s unless the youth academy produces something special from time to time.

Personally i think pochettino needs a flair player in the mould of gareth bale to realise his ambitions at tottenham hotspur and players like that only emerge now and again.

Is zaha the answer ? i still think he would add something but he is well over priced by palace but thats a trend these days : " pay up or we keep the player " and that doesnt suit our chairman does it ?

Well, I think it's pretty clear none of us want Poch to go, but I don't think that's really the question, because Poch will go where he wants, not where WE want him to go. I think everyone has forgotten about the key factor in all this, and the driving force in the industry, and that's money. We have witnessed top players go to cr@p clubs all over the world, with only money being the motivator. I am sure managers are no different. In the case of RM, they are the biggest and most successful club in the world, and they will most probably treble his wages. Now, think from a logical point of view, and not a supporters point of view, what would you do ??

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users