• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Poch to Madrid ? Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:33

I want Poch to stay, see the stadium in and win a couple of trophies. If he does go Eddie Howe like other would be my first choice, Rafa wiuldn't be the end of the world....definitely don't want Rogers.

#22 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:53

View Postdieselspurs, on 31 October 2018 - 10:33, said:

I want Poch to stay, see the stadium in and win a couple of trophies. If he does go Eddie Howe like other would be my first choice, Rafa wiuldn't be the end of the world....definitely don't want Rogers.

Spot on. Rogers is overrated, especially by himself. Think I'd find him more annoying than Sherwood

#23 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:28

Rogers did very well at Liverpool but do we really want a Watford reject - I don't think so

#24 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 31 October 2018 - 13:12

View Posttomtom, on 31 October 2018 - 10:53, said:

Spot on. Rogers is overrated, especially by himself. Think I'd find him more annoying than Sherwood

No one can be more annoying than Sherwood

#25 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2018 - 17:55

View Postaramak, on 31 October 2018 - 13:12, said:

No one can be more annoying than Sherwood

The more I think about Eddie Howe, the more I like it. I would also suggest that the amount we get for letting Poch go will be a lot more than getting Eddie. I should also remind everyone that Poch is a foreigner, so come on Real, stop hanging about

#26 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 31 October 2018 - 18:28

Poch going would be disastrous but if he did go I wouldn't say no to Howe or Rodgers.
Think what you like about Rodgers but his philosophy is very close to what poch has installed with us and we would need that to keep rolling with what we have.

Both though defensivly are not great and also with Howe he manages a team who opposition are not as up for it as when they face us , although I rate him I think bournemouth pick up results because potentially teams are not raising their level as much.

#27 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 November 2018 - 12:38

For me this is his last season with us , and he will leave my and a lot of fans upmost respect . 5 seasons with us . It would be magnificent to send him off with a trophy

#28 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 02 November 2018 - 17:55

This is great to hear him say this.

https://www.skysport...s-to-be-patient

#29 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:18

Apparently he's turned down Madrid

https://www.dailymai...adrid-deal.html

#30 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:13

I would be surprised to see him go to Madrid for two reasons:

1) His new contract means that Levy will get a big compensation out of any deal that happens. Now, Madrid are not scared of splashing the cash but if they were to spend 20-30m or more lets say to break his contract and he wasn't successful then Madrid would look foolish and the board would be in trouble.

2) Madrid are going through a very difficult time. They have lost their icon in Ronaldo, they have just sacked their manager following an absolute thrashing by a Messi-less Barcelona, they are really struggling at the moment. They need somebody to come in and win things. Madrid are one of the most impatient teams because they demand success, and success in every competition. If you win 2 champions leagues in 2/3 years but not the league, you get sacked. If you win the league twice but not the champions league, you get sacked. Would they go for a manager who has won nothing? They might but it would be a big risk for them.

For his and our sake I hope he doesnt go. At spurs he has a home where he is appreciated by the majority of our fans and to be honest has done a superb job given the resources at his disposal. I cannot see where we could get a better manager at the moment and I want to see us have some continuity at the club. Madrid will be ruthless and if he hasn't won everything in two season he will be out the door. (Yes that says everything and not anything lol)

#31 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:04

Always said I worried more about ManU more than Madrid. Reports this morning saying they are willing to pay 40 million to get him

#32 User is offline   Mattaoz87 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:36

Absolutely nailed on for me that this happens. I donít blame him either, he deserves a club that are gonna back himÖÖour club is a graveyard for ambition as long as that p***k Levy is running the show. Kane will be next once he realises (as all our top players do) that they need to move on to win trophies

#33 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:28

View PostMattaoz87, on 07 December 2018 - 08:36, said:

Absolutely nailed on for me that this happens. I donít blame him either, he deserves a club that are gonna back himÖÖour club is a graveyard for ambition as long as that p***k Levy is running the show. Kane will be next once he realises (as all our top players do) that they need to move on to win trophies

I don't know about nailed on, but quite possible. Working with Levy for so many reasons must be awful. Not being given the financial support required to strengthen the side must be incredibly frustrating, and the stadium debacle must be driving him mad. After all, we were told an announcement early December, and we are still waiting. However, despite the fact I don't want him to go, let's not forget he hasn't won anything, although I realise there are supporters on here who don't actually care. Utd will give him the financial support he requires, and no doubt will pay him a lot more.

#34 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:54

View PostMattaoz87, on 07 December 2018 - 08:36, said:

Absolutely nailed on for me that this happens. I don’t blame him either, he deserves a club that are gonna back him……our club is a graveyard for ambition as long as that p***k Levy is running the show. Kane will be next once he realises (as all our top players do) that they need to move on to win trophies

Levy just keeps shooting himself in the foot and some fans can not see that and act like he does nothing wrong, if Levy just say they is no Money available because we went over budget in stadium costs and have to pay off loans for a few seasons the fans would be ok with that, but he went on to say they is money available and we spent most of the season chasing after a championship player because we failed to get other targets at the right price. The other thing I hate about Levy is his disconnect with the fans, he never keeps us in the loop and made a pigs ear of the dates to move in the stadium and now fans with tickets for our new stadium are only getting a credit which would add up to a lot more money if we keep going to Wembley.

I live not too far from our new stadium and by looking how large our stadium is I new it would take more than a year for it to be done.

#35 User is offline   Mattaoz87 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:11

View PostSpurs scout, on 07 December 2018 - 09:54, said:

Levy just keeps shooting himself in the foot and some fans can not see that and act like he does nothing wrong, if Levy just say they is no Money available because we went over budget in stadium costs and have to pay off loans for a few seasons the fans would be ok with that, but he went on to say they is money available and we spent most of the season chasing after a championship player because we failed to get other targets at the right price. The other thing I hate about Levy is his disconnect with the fans, he never keeps us in the loop and made a pigs ear of the dates to move in the stadium and now fans with tickets for our new stadium are only getting a credit which would add up to a lot more money if we keep going to Wembley.

I live not too far from our new stadium and by looking how large our stadium is I new it would take more than a year for it to be done.

100%.....he runs the club as a commodity and the fans will always come second. It’s so painful having to listen to clueless morons on talksport banging on about fans not supporting the team this week when the truth is the fans have been treated despicably when it comes to the new stadium but are still expected to keep turning out 60,000 on a weekday at Wembley. The truth is we had a huge window of opportunity to stamp our position amongst the top 4 and Poch needed financial backing to kick the squad on….as you can see this year, we’ve allowed the teams around us time to improve while we’ve stood still and relied on running this team into the ground. Poch is not an idiot….he knows the only way to truly make his mark on the game is to win things and there will always be a shadow over his ability until he does…… but he will certainly be helped in doing that at a club like united who will at least back him and not rely on him working miracles constantly

#36 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:45

He will certainly do a better job for them than mourinho , but if their fans think that they will go back to playing fast attacking football ,like under Ferguson then they are mistaken . .

The thing that is worrying is that they can buy him out of his contract with us for 40 million . Thatís chicken feed to them . Then their is the knock on effect , eriksen , Kane and Ali.

Him going to Utd has been my biggest fear than going to Madrid . I can actually see this happening . Just gotta hope that mourimho gets it right and they decide to keep him

#37 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:54

View PostMattaoz87, on 07 December 2018 - 10:11, said:

100%.....he runs the club as a commodity and the fans will always come second. It’s so painful having to listen to clueless morons on talksport banging on about fans not supporting the team this week when the truth is the fans have been treated despicably when it comes to the new stadium but are still expected to keep turning out 60,000 on a weekday at Wembley. The truth is we had a huge window of opportunity to stamp our position amongst the top 4 and Poch needed financial backing to kick the squad on….as you can see this year, we’ve allowed the teams around us time to improve while we’ve stood still and relied on running this team into the ground. Poch is not an idiot….he knows the only way to truly make his mark on the game is to win things and there will always be a shadow over his ability until he does…… but he will certainly be helped in doing that at a club like united who will at least back him and not rely on him working miracles constantly

True.

#38 User is offline   superspurs 

• Trainee
  • PipPip

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:38

Poch to man utd? well he has turned them down once before and confirmed many times how he would like to remain at spurs. Not so long ago he wanted to sign a very long term contract!

Only rumours however the situation and player power is absolutely beyond belief at united, I am hearing key key senior players refusing to train, winking at there mates and saying i'm injured etc etc These kind of things get reported back fairly quickly within the closed community or football clubs - and if true pochettino would have heard all about it!! if true do you really think he fancies sorting out what is a monumental mess with the most huge ego's having already downed tools and massive splits in the dressing room??

There's a reason why previously hugely successful managers are failing one after the other at man u - unless they have huge whole sale change that is not going to change, players on huge huge contracts refusing to be sold as no-one willing to match there wages. Yep must be an absolute dream job this one - must be a huge que of successful managers wanting this job. the only way you can succeed is to overhaul Man City in the prem and that is not happening anytime soon - anything else is absolute failure!! you fancy it Poch?

At spurs regardless of new players being brought or not, he has a very happy ship with players who firmly believe in his plans and a fanbase who largely on the whole are v patient and supportive of him. Also a club in the top 4, with young players learning season on season and in the champions league?? I think he'll stay where he is thanks!!!

#39 User is offline   Mattaoz87 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2018 - 13:55

View Postsuperspurs, on 07 December 2018 - 12:38, said:

Poch to man utd? well he has turned them down once before and confirmed many times how he would like to remain at spurs. Not so long ago he wanted to sign a very long term contract!

Only rumours however the situation and player power is absolutely beyond belief at united, I am hearing key key senior players refusing to train, winking at there mates and saying i'm injured etc etc These kind of things get reported back fairly quickly within the closed community or football clubs - and if true pochettino would have heard all about it!! if true do you really think he fancies sorting out what is a monumental mess with the most huge ego's having already downed tools and massive splits in the dressing room??

There's a reason why previously hugely successful managers are failing one after the other at man u - unless they have huge whole sale change that is not going to change, players on huge huge contracts refusing to be sold as no-one willing to match there wages. Yep must be an absolute dream job this one - must be a huge que of successful managers wanting this job. the only way you can succeed is to overhaul Man City in the prem and that is not happening anytime soon - anything else is absolute failure!! you fancy it Poch?

At spurs regardless of new players being brought or not, he has a very happy ship with players who firmly believe in his plans and a fanbase who largely on the whole are v patient and supportive of him. Also a club in the top 4, with young players learning season on season and in the champions league?? I think he'll stay where he is thanks!!!

If thatís true than perhaps youíre right.... Although most clubs are in some kind of termoil when a manager takes over with problems that need sorting out... itís why they looking to make changes in the first place... also money talks and the lure of actually being able to bring players in could tempt poch. Either way I guess weíll see. I donít want poch going anywhere and just wish we had more backing by our tight chairman

#40 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 December 2018 - 16:36

If he does go , then there is no excuse for levy , and I hope the fans turn on him . Surely that would have to open their eyes.

I havenít had a season ticket in a long time now , I donít regret it one bit either . Isnít it right, that spurs season tickets are going to be the most expensive in the country ? Yet the manager and the fans have to put up with transfer budgets of a bottom half of the table club . .... yet a lot of fans still praise him to the hilt . We have won 1 trophy with Enic in 20 years .

Iím seriously concerned about poch going to Utd in the summer. In fact I think itís inevitable . And really, who would blame him either .

And as for joe lewis , I wish his boat would sink with him on it . The bloke has just recently sold a f***ing painting for 100 million , and not a penny of it for any signings for us . Pathetic . It will be a great day for this club when they f*** off .

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users