• You cannot reply to this topic

Poch to Madrid ? Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 08 December 2018 - 17:10

View Poststokesie, on 08 December 2018 - 16:36, said:

If he does go , then there is no excuse for levy , and I hope the fans turn on him . Surely that would have to open their eyes.

I haven’t had a season ticket in a long time now , I don’t regret it one bit either . Isn’t it right, that spurs season tickets are going to be the most expensive in the country ? Yet the manager and the fans have to put up with transfer budgets of a bottom half of the table club . .... yet a lot of fans still praise him to the hilt . We have won 1 trophy with Enic in 20 years .

I’m seriously concerned about poch going to Utd in the summer. In fact I think it’s inevitable . And really, who would blame him either .

And as for joe lewis , I wish his boat would sink with him on it . The bloke has just recently sold a f***ing painting for 100 million , and not a penny of it for any signings for us . Pathetic . It will be a great day for this club when they f*** off .

Firstly, Levy attempted to move us to East London. There was an organised protest before a game at WHL, and almost nobody turned up. If you get away with that, you get away with anything.

Secondly, Spurs tickets per game are not the most expensive in the country, they are the most expensive in the world. Arsenal ST's are more expensive, but they are entitled to about 7 cup games, we aren't. That is a crazy decision by Levy.

Finally, Lewis is a very very sad man. He is well into his 70s, and under his rule we have won next to nothing. He could of invested in the club and witnessed Spurs win big things, however, he would rather die with a massive figure on the bottom of a spreadsheet.

#42 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:19

Anyone worried about the possibility of Poch going to United to replace Mourinho? (apologies I know this is the Mourinho to Madrid thread so feel free to move it) Just have a feeling they are going to go all out for him and Fergie is going to play a massive part in it!

#43 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:51

Have I just tempted fate :huh:

#44 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:36

View PostHurrikane, on 18 December 2018 - 09:19, said:

Anyone worried about the possibility of Poch going to United to replace Mourinho? (apologies I know this is the Mourinho to Madrid thread so feel free to move it) Just have a feeling they are going to go all out for him and Fergie is going to play a massive part in it!

Solskjaer has to go through the rest of the season unbeaten to prevent united getting pochettino.

If you look at it with a sensible attitude why would he stay ?

There is a massive gap between the 2 clubs in regards of how they back their managers.

One thing pochettino has to look at is man utd fans will want instant success ! No 5 year plans and all that scenario would entail.

I definitely think we will be looking for a new coach this summer and levy will have to loosen the purse strings to entice anyone half decent to take the job.

Cant see harry kane going with poch but maybe eriksen and toby might.

#45 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:29

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 06 February 2019 - 04:36, said:

Solskjaer has to go through the rest of the season unbeaten to prevent united getting pochettino.

If you look at it with a sensible attitude why would he stay ?

There is a massive gap between the 2 clubs in regards of how they back their managers.

One thing pochettino has to look at is man utd fans will want instant success ! No 5 year plans and all that scenario would entail.

I definitely think we will be looking for a new coach this summer and levy will have to loosen the purse strings to entice anyone half decent to take the job.

Cant see harry kane going with poch but maybe eriksen and toby might.

Don’t see it happening personally unless Levy fails to back Poch again in the summer. I think we will lose eriksen and Toby but we will obviously use that money to buy new players, hopefully good ones as Poch has made it clear that he wants his top targets or no one.

#46 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:35

Poch is paid very well, if he left, there would be plenty of takers.

Anyway, Poch is not leaving. Levy is a business man, entering a new stadium off the back of an exodus ? I don't think so.

#47 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:47

View PostYidio Yidio, on 06 February 2019 - 09:35, said:

Poch is paid very well, if he left, there would be plenty of takers.

Anyway, Poch is not leaving. Levy is a business man, entering a new stadium off the back of an exodus ? I don't think so.

Hope you are right !

I will come back to this in the close season. :grinny:

BTW ! Wenger is available ! :oops:

#48 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:59

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 06 February 2019 - 09:47, said:

Hope you are right !

I will come back to this in the close season. :grinny:

BTW ! Wenger is available ! :oops:

Lets make it interesting, if Poch leaves I have to have a Wenger avatar, if he stays, you have to have one. Deal ?

#49 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:26

View PostYidio Yidio, on 06 February 2019 - 09:59, said:

Lets make it interesting, if Poch leaves I have to have a Wenger avatar, if he stays, you have to have one. Deal ?

Let me think about it.

Poch leaving is not what i want .....! :shock: being proved wrong though and having to have wenger as my moniker on here would ruin my street cred (if i have any) :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

#50 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:30

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 06 February 2019 - 11:26, said:

Let me think about it.

Poch leaving is not what i want .....! :shock: being proved wrong though and having to have wenger as my moniker on here would ruin my street cred (if i have any) :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Lol, fair enough, street cred should always be preserved. :cheers:

#51 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:51

View PostYidio Yidio, on 06 February 2019 - 11:30, said:

Lol, fair enough, street cred should always be preserved. :cheers:

Dont mind taking on a bet and losing but 2 things i absolutely reject in football.

Being in anyway associated with arsenal !

.........being in anyway associated with west ham! (and chelsea are close runners up)

Loved the leeds united teams of the early 1970s and robsons ipswich same era in an appreciative way.

But once a spur always a spur. :champions:

#52 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:13

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 06 February 2019 - 11:51, said:

Dont mind taking on a bet and losing but 2 things i absolutely reject in football.

Being in anyway associated with arsenal !

.........being in anyway associated with west ham! (and chelsea are close runners up)

Loved the leeds united teams of the early 1970s and robsons ipswich same era in an appreciative way.

But once a spur always a spur. :champions:

Leeds era was a bit before my time, but the Ipswich team is well remembered, the 3 FA cups that goons contested losing 2 and winning 1 against United, Spammers and Ipswich are my earliest cup memories. I actually liked spammers back then.

I actually can't stand Wenger as an individual, I respect his achievements but his hypocrisy stood out to me all the time. Never saw anything did he ? Far better without money, yet justifies his failings in trying to spend it. Became a joke in the end and should have had more class than that, considering quality is his favourite word.

Tottenham to the core, and love what we now represent. It would truly be a beautiful triumph doing it the right way. I haven't given up on it yet.

#53 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 February 2019 - 15:12

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 06 February 2019 - 04:36, said:

Just to go back to this... Don't see it like this at all. He's made huge strides since taking over and has the best record in the league across the last 10 games. Even if they lose one or two he's won over the United fans already. Not saying he's definitely going to get the job, but some people are already.

e.g.

Jonathan Overend, the host of BBC’s 5live said: “Jonathan Pearce, Match of the Day’s Jonathan Pearce, said that he’d heard from a United legend that Solskjaer is going to get the job. Wow!”

#54 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 February 2019 - 15:40

View Posttomtom, on 06 February 2019 - 15:12, said:

Just to go back to this... Don't see it like this at all. He's made huge strides since taking over and has the best record in the league across the last 10 games. Even if they lose one or two he's won over the United fans already. Not saying he's definitely going to get the job, but some people are already.

e.g.

Jonathan Overend, the host of BBC’s 5live said: “Jonathan Pearce, Match of the Day’s Jonathan Pearce, said that he’d heard from a United legend that Solskjaer is going to get the job. Wow!”

Do you imagine he will get the job if man utd suddenly hit a run of bad results ? and dont qualify for the cl 2019/20 ?

#55 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 February 2019 - 17:00

They were miles off CL when he took over. Even if they come close I'd imagine they'll consider him as his overall record will have been great to get them there.

There's 13 league games left. If he goes unbeaten for them that'll be a 23 game unbeaten run, which very rarely happens even for champions.

#56 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 February 2019 - 17:40

He was a dismal failure at cardiff but the players are putting in a shift for him right now.

We have to hope he carries on the winning run for them.

Rumours are he needs to get through man utds cl games against psg to get the job permanently but it is only rumour.

#57 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 February 2019 - 19:08

I think they will. PSG are beatable. Utd won't go much further though I reckon.

#58 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 February 2019 - 20:06

Whatever happens at Utd pochettino WON’T be leaving us

I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again the only thing still spursy about spurs Is the attitude & poch’s favourite “mentality” of our fans

Listen to his words & stop listening to tw*ts on sky sports

#59 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:29

View PostParklaner, on 06 February 2019 - 20:06, said:

Whatever happens at Utd pochettino WON’T be leaving us

I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again the only thing still spursy about spurs Is the attitude & poch’s favourite “mentality” of our fans

Listen to his words & stop listening to tw*ts on sky sports

Well i hope you are right parks !

But it must be frustrating for pochettino right now although to his credit he never complains much about anything.

We hear benitez threatening to leave newc because of lack of transfer activity and mourinho moaning when at utd over targets not obtained.

Pochettino keeps how he feels all to himself and still waters run deep !

#60 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 February 2019 - 16:02

I think Poch has a very very small list of players he wants and he's prepared to wait to get them. Those players obviously include Rabiot, Martial, Zaha as we keep coming back for them.

Martial out of reach permanently now I reckon though.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users