• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

West Ham away - Haribo Cup

#21 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 31 October 2018 - 21:48

Don't think that was KWP's best performance, but Foyth was brilliant. Every game I've seen him in has given me hope we've got a potential gem there, this game cemented that.

#22 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 31 October 2018 - 21:53

Great win! We have to go all out for this trophy IMO - I canít see us doing much else so would be lovely to take a trophy into the new stadium

Iíd take anyone in the draw - apart from city

#23 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 31 October 2018 - 21:55

View Posttomtom, on 31 October 2018 - 21:48, said:

Don't think that was KWP's best performance, but Foyth was brilliant. Every game I've seen him in has given me hope we've got a potential gem there, this game cemented that.

Yeh agreed Foyth looks really good - like a possible young Verts in the making???

#24 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 31 October 2018 - 22:07

Good win always nice to beat that lot also great game by foyth always done well nice to see him do it against prem team.. Sanchez is an beast.. a d son back in the goals.. thank lads for picking me up again

#25 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 31 October 2018 - 22:10

THE SCUM AT THE EMIRATES IN THE QUARTERS

#26 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 31 October 2018 - 22:16

Toughest Draw 😖
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#27 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 October 2018 - 22:22

View PostRoshan, on 31 October 2018 - 22:16, said:

Toughest Draw 😖

Tougher than city or Chelsea ? No way. If we take it seriously we can win for sure, COYS!

#28 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 October 2018 - 22:26

View PostRoshan, on 31 October 2018 - 22:16, said:

Toughest Draw 😖

Arsenal is not going to be at full strengtht for this competition Roshan, it is not as tough as you think it is, Even if Arsenal was at full strengtht I would still fancy our chances, they are hopeless at the back.

#29 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2018 - 23:35

It's a great draw. Wembley hardly home and at least we get to play on a good pitch. I just hope Poch plays Kane and a really strong line-up. If so I think we'll have too much for them and put into perspective this Gooner revival!

#30 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 01 November 2018 - 10:07

View PostSpurs scout, on 31 October 2018 - 22:26, said:

Arsenal is not going to be at full strengtht for this competition Roshan, it is not as tough as you think it is, Even if Arsenal was at full strengtht I would still fancy our chances, they are hopeless at the back.

Spot on Mate.
This is the only Cup we can win with the Squad we have.
Would be great to see another Trophy coming to Spurs.

Come On You Spurs
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#31 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 November 2018 - 12:16

Didnít see the game . Just saw sons goal in the news . Great that we won . Canít say I was elated at the team selection . But we won .

This cup , the fa cup and the europa cup are our only chances at any glory this season . We have 3 chances at a trophy . Letís make it happen .

Arsenal in the next round , canít be anything but our strongest side . We field that team we played last night , we are out .

#32 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 November 2018 - 18:30

View Poststokesie, on 01 November 2018 - 12:16, said:

Didn’t see the game . Just saw sons goal in the news . Great that we won . Can’t say I was elated at the team selection . But we won .

This cup , the fa cup and the europa cup are our only chances at any glory this season . We have 3 chances at a trophy . Let’s make it happen .

Arsenal in the next round , can’t be anything but our strongest side . We field that team we played last night , we are out .

Foyth and Sanchez were impressive at the back, Foyth was the best player on the pitch, he looks like he is ready to play regularly in our team and on current form you can argue that Paulo Gazzaniga is pushing Lloris for the number one jersey. Wanyama and Aurier looked rusty and Walker peters needs to bulk up a bit if he wants to get into the team.

Arsenal are fielding there reserve team in the cup so far so I disagree with you that this team would lose to Arsenal, our squad is not as weak as people are making it out to be because Westham only made five changes from the game they drew against Leicester city while we made ten and we still look miles better then them.

#33 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 November 2018 - 18:43

View PostSpurs scout, on 01 November 2018 - 18:30, said:

Foyth and Sanchez were impressive at the back, Foyth was the best player on the pitch, he looks like he is ready to play regularly in our team and on current form you can argue that Paulo Gazzaniga is pushing Lloris for the number one jersey. Wanyama and Aurier looked rusty and Walker peters needs to bulk up a bit if he wants to get into the team.

Arsenal are fielding there reserve team in the cup so far so I disagree with you that this team would lose to Arsenal, our squad is not as weak as people are making it out to be because Westham only made five changes from the game they drew against Leicester city while we made ten and we still look miles better then them.

This is arsenal away . They will field a strong side against us .

#34 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 November 2018 - 20:12

View Poststokesie, on 01 November 2018 - 18:43, said:

This is arsenal away . They will field a strong side against us .

we will see but Arsenal have never fielded strong teams even when we played each other in this cup competition .

#35 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 November 2018 - 21:10

View PostSpurs scout, on 01 November 2018 - 20:12, said:

we will see but Arsenal have never fielded strong teams even when we played each other in this cup competition .

This is true . Very true . But , we donít have the luxury of fielding even a slightly weakened side . We have won their once , since they have been at the Emirates . Itís a poor record . Really poor . We need to give ourselves every possible advantage .
We really need a trophy . Desperate for one .

#36 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:09

View PostSpurs scout, on 01 November 2018 - 20:12, said:

Seem to recall a lot less rotation when they played us.

Also Emery might feel differently than Wenger. Chance of a trophy in his first season might be more of a priority.

I agree with Stokesie we should go strong but I think some of our squad players are proving they're in better form than some of our first XI so I'm not against a little rotation. I thought we went strong against West Ham tbh - surprised Stokesie feels a team with Dele, Eriksen and Son starting was disappointing - particularly when Kane, Hugo, Davies, Dier have all been slated lately for poor form. In fact the most in form player who got rested was possibly Sissoko :lmao:

#37 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 November 2018 - 17:20

View Posttomtom, on 02 November 2018 - 09:09, said:

Seem to recall a lot less rotation when they played us.

Also Emery might feel differently than Wenger. Chance of a trophy in his first season might be more of a priority.

I agree with Stokesie we should go strong but I think some of our squad players are proving they're in better form than some of our first XI so I'm not against a little rotation. I thought we went strong against West Ham tbh - surprised Stokesie feels a team with Dele, Eriksen and Son starting was disappointing - particularly when Kane, Hugo, Davies, Dier have all been slated lately for poor form. In fact the most in form player who got rested was possibly Sissoko :lmao:

yeah i did find Stokesie comments a bit strange, we have strong cover in all departments except for Kane, Foyth and Gazzaniga are knocking on the door and it was not like we put random youth players in our starting line up lol.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users