• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wolves vs Spurs

#21 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 03 November 2018 - 21:41

Got the points against a very good side , but if I was poch I'd be rucking tripps .

Games was won and we let them in it with a poor piece of judgement of which if was aurrier would be getting players.

Foyth was good but for both pens he was left exposed by poor errors .

#22 User is offline   Mattaoz87 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 21:42

Need to replace both full backs. Trippier getting away with it.

#23 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 November 2018 - 21:43

So glad we closed that out - they were better team by miles in the 2nd half. Lamela has been one of the best players in the league this season.

Back in top 4 (2 points off top) with loads of injuries, insane fixture congestion, no home stadium, no DMs, a drunk goalie, our top scorer being anonymous for 90% of the season, our 2nd top scorer being played into the ground by his country and no signings in the summer.

COYS

#24 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 November 2018 - 21:47

also I miss 2016 Toby Aldeweireld. This 2018 version seems to think he's worth 200k but doesn't play like it.

#25 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 03 November 2018 - 21:48

That's true but the first was caused by Tripp's playing him into trouble. We were poor but I'll take the result and we keep hanging in there. Sissoko tries so hard but he's poor and will never be that player. Yet he's one of our better players at the moment.

Must say in our defence I can't remember the last time we had a settled team and it shows.

#26 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 03 November 2018 - 21:50

Toby has been shocking this season and I can't see him getting too much better. The long cross field passes we used to praise look p!ss poor this season

#27 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 November 2018 - 21:56

Great 3pts away to a good wolves side with huge injury issues all in the heart of our midfield made even worse after 2mims tonight !

Weve shown real grit this week & will stand us in good stead going forward!
Lamela on fire even if he wasnt at his best tonight & weve still got eriksen dele to come back in
COYS

#28 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 November 2018 - 21:58

View Postaramak, on 03 November 2018 - 21:50, said:

Toby has been shocking this season and I can't see him getting too much better. The long cross field passes we used to praise look p!ss poor this season

His passing is compromised because hes playing on the left of the 2 CBs since verts has been out

#29 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 22:01

View PostParklaner, on 03 November 2018 - 21:58, said:

His passing is compromised because hes playing on the left of the 2 CBs since verts has been out

Agree with that Parks but his timing in for tackles seem off

#30 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 22:03

View Posttomtom, on 03 November 2018 - 21:47, said:

also I miss 2016 Toby Aldeweireld. This 2018 version seems to think he's worth 200k but doesn't play like it.

Looks a little flat footed , age?
I remember him as a defender with the shape of being side on now he seems face front first

#31 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 03 November 2018 - 22:03

Great Win. I think Fyoth need more minutes to build up his confidence. These 2 penalties could have been avoided.

Spurs need to have a another left footed CB to cover up Vertongen.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#32 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 November 2018 - 22:04

View Postaramak, on 03 November 2018 - 22:01, said:

Agree with that Parks but his timing in for tackles seem off

Right footer playing left side is like trying to touch your nose looking in the mirror (weirdly hard)

#33 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 04 November 2018 - 00:20

View PostParklaner, on 03 November 2018 - 22:04, said:

Right footer playing left side is like trying to touch your nose looking in the mirror (weirdly hard)

Wow what a big 3 points that was! I knew it was too good to be true when we went 3 nil up lol in the end we done well to hold on under intense pressure away from home - Wolves are no mugs having taken points off both the Manchester clubs already

Felt the second pen was slightly harsh on Foyth - he actually had another good game so was a shame he ended up giving away 2 pens - think he was knackered tbf, no game in 6 months and then 2 in 3 days!

Sissoko is really starting to win me over, he was one of our better players again! Lamela looks so dangerous too - plus Kane back to his best lately IMO

Where was Alli? And Dier?

#34 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:09

Just a few thoughts about yesterday.
Lloris showed what a good shot stopper he is. It’s when he sprints,off his line that he makes his mistakes.
Trippier trying a nutmeg...idiot. Davies has really gone downhill.
We need a left footed centre back to cover and eventually replace Vertonghen. Playing two,right footers does not work. Years ago players like Lesley, Beal ,England could play either side players are not like that these days.Foyth had a good game, he panicked for the first penalty because of Trippier’s stupidity.The second happens regularly without players being penalised. I’d like to see him have a few games in midfield.
The central three of Winks,Sissoko and Dembele seemed a sensible choice ok considering Wanyama and Dier were out. When Dembele went off I would have brought Skipp on not Son. In the second half we lost the midfield to Wolves. Winks is very promising . Sissoko has improved but as a box to box player his contribution in the final third is abysmal. Dembele would have probably gone in January so Levy could have got his £10million. He’s probably played his last game for us now so Levy can kiss a transfer fee goodbye.We need two central midfielders in January.
Lamela is our player of the season so far. Moura should be used more as a winger, to me he is being played inside too often.

When is Poch going to play Walker-Peters , as a right back?

#35 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:40

View Postgriff, on 04 November 2018 - 08:09, said:

Just a few thoughts about yesterday.
Lloris showed what a good shot stopper he is. It’s when he sprints,off his line that he makes his mistakes.
Trippier trying a nutmeg...idiot. Davies has really gone downhill.
We need a left footed centre back to cover and eventually replace Vertonghen. Playing two,right footers does not work. Years ago players like Lesley, Beal ,England could play either side players are not like that these days.Foyth had a good game, he panicked for the first penalty because of Trippier’s stupidity.The second happens regularly without players being penalised. I’d like to see him have a few games in midfield.
The central three of Winks,Sissoko and Dembele seemed a sensible choice ok considering Wanyama and Dier were out. When Dembele went off I would have brought Skipp on not Son. In the second half we lost the midfield to Wolves. Winks is very promising . Sissoko has improved but as a box to box player his contribution in the final third is abysmal. Dembele would have probably gone in January so Levy could have got his £10million. He’s probably played his last game for us now so Levy can kiss a transfer fee goodbye.We need two central midfielders in January.
Lamela is our player of the season so far. Moura should be used more as a winger, to me he is being played inside too often.

When is Poch going to play Walker-Peters , as a right back?

I don't think the club has a penny to rub together that is why they are so keen to tie down our top players on long term contracts, I heard our stadium is 237 million over its original budget and is rising. It may take us three seasons to see any real investment to the team or the club has to sell one of our prize assists to really strengthen our first team.

#36 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:20

Squeakiest of squeaky bum times - but 3 points is three points however we get them

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users