• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

C Palace vs Tottenham

#21 User is online   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 10 November 2018 - 19:30

Young foyth what a class act that's 3 games for us and people forget he only played 7 before he joined us,,, plus I apologise to Hugo as he saves us more pts than he costs us,, I can put up with that..and as for sissoko I don't you what he does but he does something a big fast lump that would be hard to play against no one can handle him but either can he.🤣 .... Big 3 pts away to palace were teams just find it hard to get anything,, 2 off top coys

#22 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2018 - 19:48

Another 3 points ground out....unbelievable how we are doing this with all the injuries etc ..I for one am a very proud fan!

Shame about the international break, the lads just need a rest not travelling world wide to play for their countries : / -

Jesus imagine if Lamela has buried that chance vs city we would be top right now

I honestly still feel that if we can get to January within 2/3 points of the top then we can win this league. We would have to make an addition or two in January though IMO to push us on for those last few months of the season

#23 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 10 November 2018 - 21:33

Great 3 points but we're hard to watch at the moment even though it's understandable since we have yet to see anything close to our strongest 11. Kudos to Poch and the boys for maintaining such high standards in such trying times. :clap: :clap:

#24 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 10 November 2018 - 22:19

Tough game but great 3 points. Need Vertongen back as Alderweirald can't play as Left Center Back.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#25 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:26

View PostRoshan, on 10 November 2018 - 22:19, said:

Tough game but great 3 points. Need Vertongen back as Alderweirald can't play as Left Center Back.

Sounds like Jan wont be back until New Year

#26 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:26

Just getting Dele and Eriksen back and in one week we get Sanchez ,Trippier and Lamela crocked. Lamelaís is a nasty cut and the international break should see him ok. Letís hope the other two are not serious. Itís funny how Sanchez out gave Foyth a chance and boy did did he take it well. You could argue that Dembele being injured gave Sissoko a chance and atm heís taking it very well. If Trippier being out gives Walker-Peters a chance and he performs well,brilliant. Levy is putting his cheque book away at this very minute.

#27 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:28

I am waiting patiently for us to hammer some team,especially one near the bottom of the league. After all with Son,Dele,Lamela,Moura,Eriksen and Kane thatís what we should be doing.
Please Poch letís see some more direct football.

#28 User is online   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:24

View Postgriff, on 11 November 2018 - 08:28, said:

I am waiting patiently for us to hammer some team,especially one near the bottom of the league. After all with Son,Dele,Lamela,Moura,Eriksen and Kane thatís what we should be doing.

:grinny: I think Poch wants the same as you Griff, the problem is when your team is disrupted by injuries to key players and players playing so many games in a short amount of time, your going to get performances like this. When we are at full strength and the fixture list pile up eases, we will eventually play well.

#29 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:48

View Postgriff, on 11 November 2018 - 08:28, said:

Thought that was arguably our best performance this season.
We was in complete control until the last 7 minutes unfortunately our final pass was a bit wayward but our crossing was good especially to the back stick.
If more were gambling it would have been two or three.

#30 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:59

The lad foyth was good yesterday but the biggest asset he is bringing into the team is his passing .
He fires it into players quickly Maintainig momentum, not this slow safe passing. This is how we used to pass it from the back a season or two ago and is the reason I think poch will put him in more regularly.

#31 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:26

Who needs to smash them when 1-0 is 3pts ?

Remarkable job being done by pochettino this season without a doubt his most impressive period since joining the club
To be sat on 27pts having no preseason no signings no stadium, playing majority of our opening games away whilst dealing with nothing less than a injury crisis is simply phenomenal coaching & management of a squad & situation!

A much needed international break hopefully will help ease the crisis in CM leading into games against Chelsea inter & arsenal which is a massive period in our season & will either put us firmly challenging for top4 or push us right into a top2 fight imo !

Weíre digging deep & getting the results with much brighter circumstances just round the corner & if we can stay in touch with city through until jan & move back home with a backlog of home games then we could really nail down a challenge which is remarkable
Iím in no doubt we will likely be fighting tooth a nail for top4 but we canít ignore how close we are currently to the top spot

Great effort so far & encouraging moving forward IF we can bring 1-2 in in jan & get back home with a hopefully (for once) fully fit squad it could be an extremely exciting g second half of the season !
We still gettting slated from within the media & ignored by most whilst being level on points with ďthe best Liverpool side since 1989Ē
Love it
COYS

#32 User is online   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:05

View PostParklaner, on 11 November 2018 - 10:26, said:

Who needs to smash them when 1-0 is 3pts ?

Remarkable job being done by pochettino this season without a doubt his most impressive period since joining the club
To be sat on 27pts having no preseason no signings no stadium, playing majority of our opening games away whilst dealing with nothing less than a injury crisis is simply phenomenal coaching & management of a squad & situation!

A much needed international break hopefully will help ease the crisis in CM leading into games against Chelsea inter & arsenal which is a massive period in our season & will either put us firmly challenging for top4 or push us right into a top2 fight imo !

Weíre digging deep & getting the results with much brighter circumstances just round the corner & if we can stay in touch with city through until jan & move back home with a backlog of home games then we could really nail down a challenge which is remarkable
Iím in no doubt we will likely be fighting tooth a nail for top4 but we canít ignore how close we are currently to the top spot

Great effort so far & encouraging moving forward IF we can bring 1-2 in in jan & get back home with a hopefully (for once) fully fit squad it could be an extremely exciting g second half of the season !
We still gettting slated from within the media & ignored by most whilst being level on points with ďthe best Liverpool side since 1989Ē
Love it
COYS

The only question now is, can Poch win something before this talented team breaks up .

#33 User is online   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:20

there's a lot more questions than that.

We're riding on performances of Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Foyth and Gazzaniga. Who'd have thought that last season? I'm probably one of the biggest defenders of some of our squad players because I acknowledge how difficult it is to show form without a run of games but even I wouldn't have ever expected Sissoko and Lamela to be our 2 most consistent performers 12 games into the season.

Poch is indeed doing a great job squeezing every bit of potential out of a threadbare squad at the moment, but there's a big difference between the team that's playing now and the "talented team" everyone expects to win something.

Are we on 11 or 12 injuries to our squad so far this season? We're going to need our luck to change as I can't see us maintaining top 4 aspirations if we keep picking up injuries at this rate.

#34 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 11 November 2018 - 19:52

Another 3 points grounded out. I actually thought this could be a slip up . With injuries , no ground etc etc . Itís quite a thing to be where we are , really well done . I have to admit , I donít enjoy watching us though .

#35 User is online   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 November 2018 - 22:18

View Poststokesie, on 11 November 2018 - 19:52, said:

Another 3 points grounded out. I actually thought this could be a slip up . With injuries , no ground etc etc . Itís quite a thing to be where we are , really well done . I have to admit , I donít enjoy watching us though .

There's small green shoots of our old selves showing but still miles away from creating like we should. However, considering Eriksen wasn't playing plus the other factors you mention I think we still have a couple gears to go up still. Great we're still in the mix all things considering.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users