• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spurs vs Chelski

#41 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 24 November 2018 - 19:13

decent goal - annoying to give them a sniff and ruin our clean sheet.

#42 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 24 November 2018 - 19:20

Wow! Could have won this by a lot more. What a performance from everyone! Sissoko has been immense, never thought Iíd say that!

Glory glory Tottenham hotspur!

#43 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2018 - 19:23

Brilliant performance, absolutely battered them the 3-1 score flattered them.

#44 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 November 2018 - 19:26

Great to see Dele, Eriksen and Son all looking close to the level we want from them. Sissoko has progressed so much and was brilliant in the middle again.

Aurier a very decent game too. Foyth needs to watch the dodgy challenges in the box but the way he helps us get the ball up the pitch quickly is great.

Didn't even need Lamela and Lucas and even a 70% Kane is again getting goals.

#45 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 24 November 2018 - 19:27

Great Win.

Never thought that it would be an easy win. Should have been more than 3.

Come On You Spurs.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#46 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2018 - 20:09

Final score doesn't reflect how superior we were to them. I'll never know how was that not 7:1 or something like that. It looked like men against boys. Every time when we were going forward they had no idea how to defend. 2-3 quick passes, shot. And that instant pressure. They couldn't live with us tonight. Amazing performance.

#47 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 November 2018 - 20:09

A top performance . Just so happy to see us play some eye catching football . Link up play , movement off the ball . Excellent . We looked as though we actually had a plan and worked on it .

Hardly any backwards passes towards loris either .

Shame we switched off for the last 15 mins but that an happen when you are 3-0 up.

#48 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 24 November 2018 - 20:10

So many good performances today but it was Good to see dier back to his aggressive self today

#49 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 24 November 2018 - 22:10

Wow what a brilliant win! Chelsea were shockingly bad at the back but we put them to the sword! The lads ran their socks off and showed us all why this current squad has the quality to win trophies - letís just go and bloody do it then boys!

#50 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 24 November 2018 - 22:54

Sissoko is back from hibernation after 2 years. Hope he will continue playing like that.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#51 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2018 - 08:23

Have to agree with everybody here in that 3-1 flattered Chelsea, it could and should have been 6.

I have been Sissoko's biggest critic over the last couple of seasons, indeed i had words with someone outside the ground after the Cardiff game about him, but i am so pleased to eat my words and say he has been fantastic over the last few games long may the improvement and form continue.

Davies continues to give cause for concern, hopefully Rose is on his way back to fitness, if not we need to buy. Foyth looks like he could turn in to a very good player, but he needs to cut out the rash challenges in our box. I dont think anyone could have complained had Chelsea been given that penalty. That must have been one HUGE zit on his face to need a plaster like that

Dele looked very sharp and Erikssemn was masterful, pulling all the right strings. Levy must reconsider hs wages structure otherwise we could well lose him like we did Modric and that would be a hammer blow. Sissoko and Dier added a lot of power and defensive bite to our midfield. I feel a little sorry for Harry Winks since I cannot see where he will fit in, especially when Dembele is fit and available. I wonder whether a spell out on loan might be best for him. Wanyama i can see being moved on especially if he can be used in a deal for a back up striker.

So what about Son. I said on this thread that i would pick Son over Lucas and wondered why i was a lone voice. I was howled down by all saying that Moura was the better option. Had Son had a bit more luck he could have had a hatrick. I like Moura but i still think Son, with his electric pace and bulkier build offers us more

And finally Harry - he had a very good game yesterday, getting close to the player he has been for the last few seasons.

All in all a fantastic performance

#52 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 25 November 2018 - 08:59

I do love it when pundits give there opinion on the foyth tackle on hazard and bemoan that the ref should see it etc.

Hazard is the biggest diver in the league and not one pundit bought up the blatant dive he performed afterwards and regularly does most games.

#53 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:13

View PostSteveB, on 25 November 2018 - 08:23, said:

Have to agree with everybody here in that 3-1 flattered Chelsea, it could and should have been 6.

I have been Sissoko's biggest critic over the last couple of seasons, indeed i had words with someone outside the ground after the Cardiff game about him, but i am so pleased to eat my words and say he has been fantastic over the last few games long may the improvement and form continue.

Davies continues to give cause for concern, hopefully Rose is on his way back to fitness, if not we need to buy. Foyth looks like he could turn in to a very good player, but he needs to cut out the rash challenges in our box. I dont think anyone could have complained had Chelsea been given that penalty. That must have been one HUGE zit on his face to need a plaster like that

Dele looked very sharp and Erikssemn was masterful, pulling all the right strings. Levy must reconsider hs wages structure otherwise we could well lose him like we did Modric and that would be a hammer blow. Sissoko and Dier added a lot of power and defensive bite to our midfield. I feel a little sorry for Harry Winks since I cannot see where he will fit in, especially when Dembele is fit and available. I wonder whether a spell out on loan might be best for him. Wanyama i can see being moved on especially if he can be used in a deal for a back up striker.

So what about Son. I said on this thread that i would pick Son over Lucas and wondered why i was a lone voice. I was howled down by all saying that Moura was the better option. Had Son had a bit more luck he could have had a hatrick. I like Moura but i still think Son, with his electric pace and bulkier build offers us more

And finally Harry - he had a very good game yesterday, getting close to the player he has been for the last few seasons.

All in all a fantastic performance

We are in no position to think about loaning players out especially when we are competing in cups and challenging in the league, I think it is great that we have options in midfield, it proves our squad is not as weak as the media seem to make of it.

#54 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:38

View PostSpurs scout, on 25 November 2018 - 09:13, said:

We are in no position to think about loaning players out especially when we are competing in cups and challenging in the league, I think it is great that we have options in midfield, it proves our squad is not as weak as the media seem to make of it.

I am thinking about the players development. If our entire squad is fit, yes unlikely I know, but given that Dele, Erickssen are shoe ins, Winks is up against Sissoko, Dier, Dembele, Wanyama and Lamela to even be in the squad. A season at a solid premier league side, e.g Bournemouth, Everton or even Watford, under a decent manager, if they could guarantee him game time, it would be beneficial for everybody

#55 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 25 November 2018 - 13:58

A few months ago I would have dreaded a Doer/Sissoko partnership but letís be honest it was very good yesterday. We all know Dembele is off and Wanyama will be also. We need a new box to box player and a new defensive midfielder. With two new boys and Winks,Dier and now Sissoko we should be well stocked. Wonder how people feel if we get a bargain in Rabiot as opposed to someone like Ndombele.

Similarly thereís been talk of a replacement for the possibly leaving Alcerweireld. We donít need one,let Sanchez and now Foyth compete for that position with Dier in reserve. We can now spend bigger money on a left footer to compete with Vertonghen. Would be great to get Ruud Gullit,sorry I mean Ake from Bournemouth. He would be brilliant with Povhs tutorage.

Also,thought Aurier was very good yesterday, taken a while but he has definitely improved.

#56 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 November 2018 - 15:31

View PostSteveB, on 25 November 2018 - 10:38, said:

I am thinking about the players development. If our entire squad is fit, yes unlikely I know, but given that Dele, Erickssen are shoe ins, Winks is up against Sissoko, Dier, Dembele, Wanyama and Lamela to even be in the squad. A season at a solid premier league side, e.g Bournemouth, Everton or even Watford, under a decent manager, if they could guarantee him game time, it would be beneficial for everybody

Winks will get plenty of games because we have a heavy schedule coming up , this will test our squad further and I expect Winks and Moura to start against Inter.

#57 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 25 November 2018 - 16:18

View PostSpurs scout, on 25 November 2018 - 15:31, said:

Winks will get plenty of games because we have a heavy schedule coming up , this will test our squad further and I expect Winks and Moura to start against Inter.

No way, Winks is an important part of our squad and needs to develop even more under Pochís tutorage"

#58 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 25 November 2018 - 16:40

Motd didn't focus on us as always, but we should've putted 6 or 7 away. Great performance!! Coys

#59 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 November 2018 - 18:14

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 25 November 2018 - 16:40, said:

Motd didn't focus on us as always, but we should've putted 6 or 7 away. Great performance!! Coys

They did, Shearer did say it should of been six or seven goals and we was magnificent but Goals on sunday gave us a small billing by showing only 30 seconds but somehow gave teams like Manutd and Leistercity a big billing by showing 3 mins.

#60 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2018 - 23:05

View PostSteveB, on 25 November 2018 - 08:23, said:

Great to have problems like this :)

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users