• You cannot reply to this topic

Spurs vs Chelski

#61 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 26 November 2018 - 00:00

View Postgriff, on 25 November 2018 - 16:18, said:

No way, Winks is an important part of our squad and needs to develop even more under Poch’s tutorage"

You do know that Winks has a chronic problem with his ankle and Poch is just trying to manage him in the correct way. We have a heavy schedule and for us to be at our best when we come up against Arsenal he needs to manage the squad the correct way.

#62 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2018 - 08:43

Got a little bashed on here a last season for saying I thought Sissoko had shown glimpses as had Aurier, think that just shows how good Poch is as a manager, getting the best out of players that have, lets be honest, been bit part, consistency is obviously key so any kind of form is always going to be hard to come by but both were excellent Saturday, to come in to such a big game and put in performances like that is a true credit both deserve there starting spot at the moment. Not many people can say they have Hazard in their pocket for the game, or take Jorginho one side Kante in the other, then again Sissoko does play like he has 8 legs :L

#63 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2018 - 08:57

Loved every minute of this match. Even gooner Giroud scoring because it was a meaningless consolation. If we play like this in NLD with their dodgy defence we'll murder them.

#64 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:27

View Posttomtom, on 21 November 2018 - 10:25, said:

I'd start Son as he tends to go on runs and his brace the other day will hopefully kickstart a rich vein of form. Lucas on the bench ready to run at them when they tire.

Not quite a sole voice Steve. He's streaky.

#65 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:48

View PostSpurs scout, on 26 November 2018 - 00:00, said:

You do know that Winks has a chronic problem with his ankle and Poch is just trying to manage him in the correct way. We have a heavy schedule and for us to be at our best when we come up against Arsenal he needs to manage the squad the correct way.

Think Iíve put the comment in the wrong place. Meant it as a reply to the post about Winks going out on loan.

#66 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 November 2018 - 13:25

View PostHeisenberg, on 26 November 2018 - 08:57, said:

Loved every minute of this match. Even gooner Giroud scoring because it was a meaningless consolation. If we play like this in NLD with their dodgy defence we'll murder them.

I was thinking that but the problem is, how much would the Inter game would of taken out of us. I always feel more confident when we have a enough days to prepare for a big game like we did with Chelsea.

#67 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 November 2018 - 13:26

View Postgriff, on 26 November 2018 - 12:48, said:

Think Iíve put the comment in the wrong place. Meant it as a reply to the post about Winks going out on loan.

oh lol

#68 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 November 2018 - 14:03

View PostHurrikane, on 26 November 2018 - 08:43, said:

Got a little bashed on here a last season for saying I thought Sissoko had shown glimpses as had Aurier, think that just shows how good Poch is as a manager, getting the best out of players that have, lets be honest, been bit part, consistency is obviously key so any kind of form is always going to be hard to come by but both were excellent Saturday, to come in to such a big game and put in performances like that is a true credit both deserve there starting spot at the moment. Not many people can say they have Hazard in their pocket for the game, or take Jorginho one side Kante in the other, then again Sissoko does play like he has 8 legs :L

The issue is that we didn't pay 30m for someone to show 'glimpses'. Over the last couple of years he has been s***e, lets not kid ourselves. I still don't think he is the answer to our midfield and if we had a replacement ready then I would sell him in a heartbeat. It's great to see him stepping up his game and he has made me less upset about seeing his name in the line-up. We need him to step up when our first teamers are injured, unfit or tired so great to see him have some good games.
Also my biggest disappointment when we signed him was that we signed him as an attacking player who was going to add pace and power up front. This turned out to be the biggest flop in history. However, he seems to have been molded into a holding player and is starting to look like he belongs there.

As for Aurier, I dont think hes a terrible player. He gives us a different option to Trippier and I think sometimes you need a bit of madness in the team and he has it in abundance.

#69 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 November 2018 - 17:05

View PostChrisPienaar, on 26 November 2018 - 14:03, said:

we signed him as an attacking player who was going to add pace and power up front. This turned out to be the biggest flop in history. However, he seems to have been molded into a holding player and is starting to look like he belongs there.

We signed him as solution for Dembele leaving. Then Lamela got injured and he got stuck on the wing. Then Dembele stayed.

#70 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:03

View Posttomtom, on 26 November 2018 - 17:05, said:

We signed him as solution for Dembele leaving. Then Lamela got injured and he got stuck on the wing. Then Dembele stayed.

He has always been used as a winger or attacking midfielder by France and Newcastle, unless my memory is gone he was never used as a central holding player until we realized how useless he was in an attacking capacity. Maybe he was signed to replace Dembele but as a different more attacking option perhaps. He certainly wasn't signed as a player to take control of the centre of the pitch.

#71 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:44

He's played CM at various stages, including for France in the Euros. He tends to drift right when breaking even when at CM though. Go check his card in FIFA 15-17. He was CM or CAM.

I was told when we signed him it was for CM and to be Dembele's successor as he was off to China. I know itk isn't always on point but this guy told me we were signing Sissoko before the press got ahold of it.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users