• This topic is locked

Spurs vs Inter

#21 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 28 November 2018 - 22:04

View PostSpurs scout, on 28 November 2018 - 15:06, said:

what is with this negativity loool, Barcelona will top the group if they beat PSV with a game to spare, which I think they will and the last match to them would be a dead rubber. I can see them not taking the match seriously and resting there big guns. Why would Barcelona be at full strength when they have nothing to really play for. No wonder our team can lack the confidence when the pressure is on when some of our fans are so negative.

I donít think the players sit down and look at online forums to be honest ...lol. So I donít think people making predictions online would effect their confidence , although I could be wrong .

#22 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 November 2018 - 22:04

We played well I thought . Deserved the win . I thought sissoko was fantastic .

#23 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 November 2018 - 22:12

Sissoko was outstanding tonight. What a player heís become over the last few matches! Still in the competition and Arsenal on Sunday, COYS!

#24 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2018 - 22:30

Poch is a wizard! Heís transformed Sissokho - what a player he can be on his day, letís hope his good form continues! As well as the teams good form!

Cracking performance...now to destroy the scum on Sunday

#25 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 28 November 2018 - 22:50

Great win. Should have been more than 1-0. Looking for a same kind of performance against the Gooners on Sunday.

Unfortunately drawing against PSV and loosing against Inter earlier will prevent us from qualifying for the Knock-Out stage. To qualify Spurs need to match the result of game between Inter vs PSG which would be impossible. But trying to win the Europa Cup is not too bad as well.

Come On You Spurs.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#26 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 28 November 2018 - 23:06

Good result against a team with no intention of winning.
Still think it will be a tall order to qualify but we have given ourselves a chance.
Seriously who is this n.o 17 for us?

#27 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 28 November 2018 - 23:59

Yep I agree I canít see us winning at the nou camp and you have to imagine that will be whatís needed

#28 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 29 November 2018 - 00:58

Sissoko is back to the form I remember he had for France.....great win and it was nice to see Toby's face light up when we won.

#29 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 November 2018 - 07:28

Donít understand the negativity and defeatist attitude by some, what are you following this club for. Weíve been Ďout of the champions leagueí since the first match when we lost to Inter. Yet weíre still here and looking strong. Letís take some positivity going forward and appreciate the effort from the lads to get into the position they are now. Great result last night and who knows what will happen!

#30 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 29 November 2018 - 10:31

I agree. We've shown we have the capacity to get results against big teams in the last couple seasons.

Yes Barca away is a big ask but if we have a good game with a bit of luck, why not.

Plus this season our away form is decent and Barca's home form is average. They actually have the 3rd worst defensive record in la Liga this season at home.

#31 User is offline   SteveB 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2018 - 13:50

View PostRoshan, on 28 November 2018 - 22:50, said:

Great win. Should have been more than 1-0. Looking for a same kind of performance against the Gooners on Sunday.

Unfortunately drawing against PSV and loosing against Inter earlier will prevent us from qualifying for the Knock-Out stage. To qualify Spurs need to match the result of game between Inter vs PSG which would be impossible. But trying to win the Europa Cup is not too bad as well.

Come On You Spurs.

I think Inter are playing PSV not PSG - shame they are not

#32 User is offline   SteveB 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2018 - 14:00

I think a few things were very evident last night :-

1) Lamela is far better coming on as an impact player rather than starting the game

2) Vertonghen & Alderwiereld are a class act and make us look a lot steadier than either one with Sanchez or Foyth (both of whom have immense futures at the club providing they stay)

3) Moura is another one who would be better used as an impact player from the bench. Son is a far better option

4) Our team revolves around Erickssen. He must be offered wages parity with Kane to stay

#33 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 November 2018 - 15:37

View PostSteveB, on 29 November 2018 - 14:00, said:

I think a few things were very evident last night :-

1) Lamela is far better coming on as an impact player rather than starting the game

2) Vertonghen & Alderwiereld are a class act and make us look a lot steadier than either one with Sanchez or Foyth (both of whom have immense futures at the club providing they stay)

3) Moura is another one who would be better used as an impact player from the bench. Son is a far better option

4) Our team revolves around Erickssen. He must be offered wages parity with Kane to stay

Not sure you can conclude all that based on one game where the other team were parking the bus and couldn't hit a barn door. Lamela has influenced many games this season when starting. Toby actually looked shaky to me at times, Vert slotted back in perfectly though.

Worryingly I've been told Eriksen has been offered parity with Kane. I think the issue is he'll never earn the same bonuses as Harry scores bucketloads.

#34 User is offline   SteveB 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2018 - 15:44

View Posttomtom, on 29 November 2018 - 15:37, said:

Not sure you can conclude all that based on one game where the other team were parking the bus and couldn't hit a barn door. Lamela has influenced many games this season when starting. Toby actually looked shaky to me at times, Vert slotted back in perfectly though.

Worryingly I've been told Eriksen has been offered parity with Kane. I think the issue is he'll never earn the same bonuses as Harry scores bucketloads.

From the games I have seen, Lamela is far better coming on with 25 or so minutes left than when he does when he starts

#35 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 29 November 2018 - 15:46

Good result but its a bit late in my opinion.

Goal differences arent much so can we beat barce as much as inter can beat psv ?

Over to you.

#36 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2018 - 16:08

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 29 November 2018 - 15:46, said:

Goal differences arent much so can we beat barce as much as inter can beat psv ?

Over to you.

Either way I think we have a beter chance of winning the Europa League compared to even getting to the semis of the Champions League. I think we would all like a trophy

#37 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 November 2018 - 20:50

View Postfentonroad, on 29 November 2018 - 16:08, said:

Either way I think we have a beter chance of winning the Europa League compared to even getting to the semis of the Champions League. I think we would all like a trophy

Europa league will be hard this year, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool /PSG or Napoli and don't forget serial winners Seville will be in this years competition.

#38 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:19

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 29 November 2018 - 15:46, said:

Over to you.

It's head to head not goal difference as the decider. We needed to win and keep a clean sheet to have a better head to head and we did.

Now we just need to match Inters result. IE beat Barca and we're through whatever the scores in both games. If both are draws we're through.

I'm not adverse to Europa either but on balance I'd rather we got through!

#39 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:40

View Posttomtom, on 30 November 2018 - 02:19, said:

It's head to head not goal difference as the decider. We needed to win and keep a clean sheet to have a better head to head and we did.

Now we just need to match Inters result. IE beat Barca and we're through whatever the scores in both games. If both are draws we're through.

I'm not adverse to Europa either but on balance I'd rather we got through!

Stand corrected tom ! i am a bit out of touch with football right now.

As the lads have been saying on here it really is down to the team barce put out then.

Definitely dont want europa because we end up playing more games......! as it is southgate even picks our players for friendlies when he should be taking a look at other options.

#40 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:26

Really loved the game against Inter. Last few games weíve seen much less tippy tappy football and much less,of Loris passing the ball to,defenders in risky positions. Whether both these are because of the state of the Wembley pitch or not Imdont know....hope not.
Had ,y doubts about the Sissoko-Winks axis in central midfield as they havenít exactly played much as a twosome and the fact that neither are really pure defensive midfielders. However,they were great and both get the ball forward quicker than any of Dier,Wanyama and even Dembele.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users