• You cannot reply to this topic

Arsenal vs Spurs

#41 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 02 December 2018 - 16:10

View PostChrisPienaar, on 02 December 2018 - 16:03, said:

Boys never really showed up today. Jan and foyth did not look comfortable all game. f*** sake

Nothings change, it is the same performance as last year, difference is they took there chances, I want us to win things but I can not see it , it is all about mentality and we still don't have it.

#42 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2018 - 16:20

Ouch. That hurt. Even at 2-1 up we were never comfortable. Defence was awful today and that includes whole team not just Jan and Foyth who were a mess of a partnership.

With greeted teeth Arsenal had more energy, better hunger and tactically Emery looks a vut above Wenger. He brought on Ramsey and his runs changed the game. By the time we reverted to a back 3 it was already 2-2 and the damage was done.

The boys looked mentally and physically tired while Arsenal made 10 changes. It hurts but we can put things straight in League Cup soon and let's move on.

#43 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 02 December 2018 - 17:12

We were beaten by a BETTER side on the day. It was one bridge too far after Chelsea and Inter. As has been mentioned, the Toby decision seemed ridiculous and Jan had his worst game ever. It'll be different when they come to our place.

Let's not forget the Gooners have paid out a king's ransom for two fine forwards who both scored great goals today.

#44 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 December 2018 - 18:15

We are home to Southampton next, that needs to be 3 points whilst arsenal are away to Man U. We have to pick ourselves up and keep moving forward. Weíve had a hard week playing Chelsea and then inter and today will hurt, but we canít let it bring us down. Still in a good position.

#45 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 December 2018 - 18:33

Dont know if anyone noticed how Lloris was cr@p again.

Sometimes you need a great goalkeeper performance to keep you in games like this one today.

Inspired performances from Lloris are as rare as rocking horse s*** these days.

#46 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 December 2018 - 18:39

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 02 December 2018 - 18:33, said:

Dont know if anyone noticed how Lloris was cr@p again.

Sometimes you need a great goalkeeper performance to keep you in games like this one today.

Inspired performances from Lloris are as rare as rocking horse s*** these days.

He is scared of one on ones, he always stays on his line which gives the attackers the whole goal to aim at. I was fuming at him for torreiras goal, you HAVE to come rushing out there surely

#47 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 02 December 2018 - 19:07

Just Gutted 😡
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#48 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 02 December 2018 - 19:09

View PostChrisPienaar, on 02 December 2018 - 18:39, said:

He is scared of one on ones, he always stays on his line which gives the attackers the whole goal to aim at. I was fuming at him for torreiras goal, you HAVE to come rushing out there surely

Yep was awful for their fourth as a keeper you have to narrow the angle their but he wasn't alone in poor decision making today.
Also again when we are on top like the first 10mins of the second half make it count , not ruthless enough again .

Never had to post this under poch but the fans have been let down today , i had thought capitulations like this especially against our rivals was in the past .

#49 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 December 2018 - 19:13

Hugo does not have the confidence to come out due to his mistakes earlier in the season. You can not just blame One player like we always seem to do, I am just surprised Sissoko, Dembele and Rose are not scapegoats this time lol.
The manager and the players did not show up, I knew the writing was on the wall when I saw Foyth on the team sheet, maybe the Chelsea and Inter game took it out of our players and plus only one of there players played on Thursday.

#50 User is offline   JRB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Dedicated Spurs Supporter since 1950!

Posted 02 December 2018 - 19:22

Poch has said Foyth was "good"! Who was he watching?

#51 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 December 2018 - 19:30

View PostSpurs scout, on 02 December 2018 - 19:13, said:

Hugo does not have the confidence to come out due to his mistakes earlier in the season. You can not just blame One player like we always seem to do, I am just surprised Sissoko, Dembele and Rose are not scapegoats this time lol.
The manager and the players did not show up, I knew the writing was on the wall when I saw Foyth on the team sheet, maybe the Chelsea and Inter game took it out of our players and plus only one of there players played on Thursday.

I am in no way blaming just one player. Foyth and Vertonghen were both awful today and practically the whole team was poor. I am just stating a fact about lloris that has nothing to do with a lack of confidence, itís just his style. When he gets someone running at goal he normally stays on his line and thatís not great goalkeeping as it leaves the whole goal to aim at.
The result today is not down to lloris but a poor team performance. Even at 2-1 up we always looked 2nd best.

#52 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 December 2018 - 19:41

View PostChrisPienaar, on 02 December 2018 - 19:30, said:

I am in no way blaming just one player. Foyth and Vertonghen were both awful today and practically the whole team was poor. I am just stating a fact about lloris that has nothing to do with a lack of confidence, it’s just his style. When he gets someone running at goal he normally stays on his line and that’s not great goalkeeping as it leaves the whole goal to aim at.
The result today is not down to lloris but a poor team performance. Even at 2-1 up we always looked 2nd best.

Jason Cundy blamed poch for our tactics and playing a inexperienced player in a big game, he said we did not play a high line against Chelsea, pressed well as a team, hit them on the break and did not give Chelsea's attacking players space to hit us on the break and we reverted to type against Arsenal, did not press well, lost the midfield battle, played to Arsenal strengths by leaving so much space behind us. We never seem to learn from our mistakes, it is like dejavu again.

I think it is a combination of Jason's comments and not having Leaders that can guide and speak to other players in moments of pressure away from home against a top five side. Our experience player in Jan was the first one to buckle under pressure by giving a penalty away in the first two minutes and getting himself sent off,Even our captain Hugo helped killed off our champions league hopes.

#53 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 02 December 2018 - 21:13

Hugely annoying afternoon ..absolutely HATE that mob and today confirmed for me that they are still our biggest rival

Itís hard to be too critical of the boys after the great performances vs Chelsea and inter BUT we were really bad today. We went from our best performance of the season last weekend to our worst this week. I also think that this sort of inconsistency is why we just miss out on the title in recent seasons. I do however believe that tired legs could have played a part in that last half hour or so

Itís VITAL that we now go and stuff them at that s***ty stadium of theirs in the cup in a few weeks

Letís hope today doesnít damage our confidence/form as weíve been pretty good lately and letís stay behind the boys and move on - VERY bitter pill to swallow

#54 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 02 December 2018 - 21:13

View PostSpurs scout, on 02 December 2018 - 19:41, said:

Jason Cundy blamed poch for our tactics and playing a inexperienced player in a big game, he said we did not play a high line against Chelsea, pressed well as a team, hit them on the break and did not give Chelsea's attacking players space to hit us on the break and we reverted to type against Arsenal, did not press well, lost the midfield battle, played to Arsenal strengths by leaving so much space behind us. We never seem to learn from our mistakes, it is like dejavu again.

I think it is a combination of Jason's comments and not having Leaders that can guide and speak to other players in moments of pressure away from home against a top five side. Our experience player in Jan was the first one to buckle under pressure by giving a penalty away in the first two minutes and getting himself sent off,Even our captain Hugo helped killed off our champions league hopes.

In all fairness to Jan who I agree was poor it was a big ask for him today coming back from injury.
Really surprised it was not Toby and foyth.
The kid foyth has made a few mistakes today but aurrier made similar mistakes just they were not punished.

#55 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 December 2018 - 21:43

Foyth has been growing into a important squad player so far this season & has been very good at times & Iím all for him & others getting legit first team opportunities BUT today was way to intense & pressure filled for a young CB to be thrown in away from home in a NLD whilst Toby sits it out, we had the choice to pair verts & toby together away from home & DECIDED against that ? IMO huge & obvious mistake

Itís been a good week up until today & it was always a huge ask to take on Chelsea, inter & arsenal & achieve or expect 9 points Iím just frustrated & bitter because i f***ing hate those w***ers

One game to far move on 3pts Wednesday is a must

#56 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 02 December 2018 - 22:37

think it shows how far weíve come how excited their fans have got about this win 😂😂 Iím waiting for the open top bus next....

#57 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 December 2018 - 00:50

just about calmed down.

Deflection off Dier was lucky. Red card for Jan was unfair.

Other than that we deserved what we got and less. Sissoko of 2 seasons ago showed up and was joined by plenty of other players who forgot how to pass a ball under pressure.

I get why Foyth started but it backfired and Jan clearly wasn't fit enough to face that kind of attack.

#58 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 December 2018 - 01:46

I didnt think any of their goals from open play were unstoppable blockbusters but we needed a goalkeeper performance because we werent at the races today.
Not blaming Lloris for the result because i didnt see any blunders or gaffs from him during the game......Just hugo being hugo = nothing out of the ordinary.

But to have gotten something from the match we needed one of those one-off super games goal keepers have at times when nothing gets past them.

#59 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:19

They were better than us in just about every aspect of the game. They attacked at pace and once LAcazette came on we had absolutely no answers. I disagree with TomTom about Jan's red card. It was definitely a yellow and as he had already been booked he had to go.

I like Foyth, I really do, but he is most definitely one for the future. He is frequently caught in possession and he gives the ball away far too often. JAn and Toby should always play together if fit.

#60 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:01

View PostSteveB, on 03 December 2018 - 06:19, said:

They were better than us in just about every aspect of the game. They attacked at pace and once LAcazette came on we had absolutely no answers. I disagree with TomTom about Jan's red card. It was definitely a yellow and as he had already been booked he had to go.

I like Foyth, I really do, but he is most definitely one for the future. He is frequently caught in possession and he gives the ball away far too often. JAn and Toby should always play together if fit.

I think people are being a little harsh on Foyth, heís been excellent lately against some world class opposition ..yesterday I think the occasion maybe just swallowed him up a little!

Arsenal were better than us, but they arenít a better side just yet. Emeryís clearing up Wengers mess quickly though which is annoying to see. The one thing about their squad which is better than ours is their striker options....Auba, Lacazette and Welbeck ....donít get me wrong Welbeck is dogshlt but the other two are world class. WHY OH WHY DONT WE HAVE A DIFFERENT STRIKER OPTION TO KANE FFS thatís one of our main problems

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users