• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ballon d'or Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 04 December 2018 - 18:08

Firstly, a big well done to Luka. He is an absolute legend and a brilliant footballer. I feel honered to have watched him many times, and believe he is a great example to all our youth. Although I hate women's football, and believe it is dreadful to watch, a big well done to Ada Hegerburg. Not only is she the first woman to win a Ballon d'or, she looks pretty good as well. Now, I admit I am the least politically correct person on the planet, and hate anything to do with it, BUT what was that bloke Martin Solveig thinking. Yes, most straight geezers would love to see her do a twerk (what ever that is), but to say it in front of the world is outright madness. How the h*ll did he ever think he was going to get away with it. It's even dafter than the Spurs supporter who threw a banana skin on the pitch at the Emirates. Of course, even though he has apologised profusely , and she has accepted his apology, no doubt his career is now over, and he will be serving burgers up at McDonalds this time next week. I don't think even I would have said that, but may well of asked for a date after she he had finished her relationship with her present girlfriend

#2 User is online   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:42

View Postold spur, on 04 December 2018 - 18:08, said:

Firstly, a big well done to Luka. He is an absolute legend and a brilliant footballer. I feel honered to have watched him many times, and believe he is a great example to all our youth. Although I hate women's football, and believe it is dreadful to watch, a big well done to Ada Hegerburg. Not only is she the first woman to win a Ballon d'or, she looks pretty good as well. Now, I admit I am the least politically correct person on the planet, and hate anything to do with it, BUT what was that bloke Martin Solveig thinking. Yes, most straight geezers would love to see her do a twerk (what ever that is), but to say it in front of the world is outright madness. How the h*ll did he ever think he was going to get away with it. It's even dafter than the Spurs supporter who threw a banana skin on the pitch at the Emirates. Of course, even though he has apologised profusely , and she has accepted his apology, no doubt his career is now over, and he will be serving burgers up at McDonalds this time next week. I don't think even I would have said that, but may well of asked for a date after she he had finished her relationship with her present girlfriend

Typical old spur, can not help himself with his sexism views and a twerk is like a bum shaking dance.

#3 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:04

View Postold spur, on 04 December 2018 - 18:08, said:

How can you say most straight guys would love to see her doing a twerk when you admit to not knowing what it is?You should google it before posting.You must have googled Ada Hederberg to know she has a girlfriend.

You have already stated that you have nothing against g*y people but hate them publicising the fact all the time yet you have brought the subject up twice in this post. Do us a favour, be the modern man you claim to be. Give it a rest.

#4 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:52

View Postgriff, on 05 December 2018 - 09:04, said:

How can you say most straight guys would love to see her doing a twerk when you admit to not knowing what it is?You should google it before posting.You must have googled Ada Hederberg to know she has a girlfriend.

You have already stated that you have nothing against g*y people but hate them publicising the fact all the time yet you have brought the subject up twice in this post. Do us a favour, be the modern man you claim to be. Give it a rest.

Blimey, did you get out bed the wrong side today. I have already said what that bloke did was wrong, and stupid. I have now had a look at some twerking, as well as looking at Ms Hederberg, and believe they are made for each other. Now, I will ask you a question, and you need to think about it carefully. Would you rather see a nice looking bird twerking or playing football ?

#5 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 December 2018 - 13:20

Seen loads of backlash on Luka winning the ballon d'or and saying Messi finishing 5th is an injustice. I think people misunderstand how you win the ballon d'or.

Typically it's given to someone who is influential to their team wining (or coming close to winning) one or more of the major trophies in that year. The biggest trophies of all were the world cup and champions league. Luka managed to take a team ranked 16th in the world to the final of the world cup, and helped Real Madrid win the Champions League. The former being a remarkable feat that Messi and Ronaldo failed to do. The latter - Ronaldo was probably more influential in, but he didn't do enough in the world cup to topple Modric.

Griezmann finished 3rd because he was possibly France's best player and they won the final, but he didn't feature in the CL final.

It doesn't actually mean that people think Griezmann or Modric are better than Messi, but in this year they've been more influential in the deciding of the major trophies.

As for Martin Solveig. I don't think he'll be flipping burgers any time soon. He's worth a few million quid but he definitely marred that moment for women's football. It'll probably be looked back on in the future as evidence of sexism being rife in 2018. I'd imagine his joke was rehearsed, but dance music and football are both pretty sexist so not too much of a surprise they didn't see it as an issue.

#6 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 December 2018 - 18:54

See Luka also thanked Harry redknapp for helping him be the best he can .

#7 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2018 - 20:24

View Poststokesie, on 06 December 2018 - 18:54, said:

See Luka also thanked Harry redknapp for helping him be the best he can .

and so he should. Harry was a brilliant manager for us, and the right manager at the right time.

#8 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 December 2018 - 22:36

View Postold spur, on 06 December 2018 - 20:24, said:

and so he should. Harry was a brilliant manager for us, and the right manager at the right time.

I agree . It was a nice touch .

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users