• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Spanish Police Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   old spur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:19

I have travelled to Spain to see Spurs play three times. Two of the three times I witnessed the police turn on supporters for no good reason, but was fortunate enough to avoid being hurt. EUFA ignore it, and the away clubs do nothing about it. It's time something was done. Please read link

https://www.thefight...fans-in-europe/

#2 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:33

Being from Gibraltar I have witnessed and had to deal with the Spanish police my whole life. They are one of the most corrupt police forces in the whole of Europe. Add to that the fact that Spain is always struggling for money and sometimes people such as policemen go without getting paid for months at a time which makes them angry and more likely to lash out.
UEFA will do nothing because they canít really do anything. On the day they send inspectors you will see the most lovely policemen you ever saw and if any videos of violence surface they will say the fan was being aggressive. We share a frontier with Spain and any time they fancy they will slow down movement at the border and create queues of up to 5/6 hours long. This affects us as well as their own people because we have thousands of Spanish people working in Gibraltar.
You donít have to go too far back to see what happened on Barcelona. The people wanted to peacefully vote on their independence so the Spanish government sent forces into Barcelona to fight with the local people. So if they hit their own people they will clearly hit away fans visiting from other countries.
I know of friends and family who have been caught speeding in Spain and asked to pay Ä2/300 on the spot or else be arrested and have their car taken away. That money is pocketed and never recorded. Corruption is at the root of their police force.

#3 User is offline   old spur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2018 - 17:13

I emailed Spurs today about the Spanish police, and have received a reply. Was told that the supporters trust are already on the case, and my email would be used as evidence, and I may be contacted. I guess this will be about the 1000th complaint made, and the 1000th complaint ignored

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users