• You cannot reply to this topic

Brexit ! May is betraying our sovereignty

#101 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Posted 23 January 2019 - 15:25

View Posttomtom, on 23 January 2019 - 15:10, said:

Exactly why I decided not to weigh in on this "debate". You've completely twisted my words and lumped Chris in with it too despite him saying nothing on the subject, just pointing out the chance for a missed pun. I didn't say it's unimportant, just stated facts about the size of the industry and said there are things that are bigger issues worth discussing whereas you've posted more about fishing than Roshan has about us being doomed. I was just interested as to whether it was a personal issue for you, you explained why it was and that's fair enough. I have several EU and Brexit issues that directly effect my livelihood and those of my colleagues too but I won't go into them.

Anyhow. Probably my last post in this thread, keep it civil guys. I'm sure we all want what's best for our country and if our MPs, experts and some of the finest minds can't agree what that is I don't know how a few blokes on a Spurs forum are going to.

You pointed out why it isnt important despite foreign interests on retaining access to uk waters and what they were prepared to do in the event that access isnt maintained after brexit.

For you to personally bypass debate on brexit on here in the fear it will turn into some sort of mass argument is a bit of a cop out......! especially as you have me on the last chance warning threshold.

You may as well say to me if you argue the toss i will have you off here ?

This forum has a general debate section and if it shouldnt be used then close it down and stick to football.

BTW ? Why bring roshans views on spurs into this thread.?

Strange analogy.

Very weird !

BTW ! Its apparent that quite a few want to remain because of business interests in europe.

Just look at grieve and soubry & co who will lose their seats in the next GE.

To me thats a selfish attitude!

To allow foreign powers to rule our country ! its laws, its rules and regulations,its borders and immigration policies is totally wrong.

To want this because you have financial interests in those powers is also morally wrong.

I am actually finished with this because you remain blokes will never accept the democratic vote.

Bunch of losers but lets do the referendum again because we didnt like the result first time round.

I didnt like certain governments being voted in over the years from when i was able to vote but we didnt go round throwing our toys out the pram and shout "foul " lets do it again until we get the result we want.

#102 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 January 2019 - 15:48

Quote me where I tell you it's unimportant and I'll hold my hands up mate, think you'll find I didn't do that at all. The Roshan comment was a joke, I can explain it further if you like?

Also you've got very upset and attributed lots of things to us "remain blokes" when you've no idea of my views whatsoever. It's easy to take the moral high ground when you make up what your opponent thinks.

#103 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 January 2019 - 15:56

View Posttomtom, on 23 January 2019 - 15:10, said:

I have several EU and Brexit issues that directly effect my livelihood and those of my colleagues too but I won't go into them.

Mate ! we differ in our brexit views so i am leaving it there.

Not keen on you comparing my views on it to roshans ridiculous doom and gloom spurs views though.

Very annoying and not necessary.

#104 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 23 January 2019 - 17:32

My reply was also a joke, Gibraltonians was rather good I thought. And my "Lets not start a war about it" gets funnier by the hour.

Anyway, Roshan is pulling everyones leg, he's not quite as daft as all that.

#105 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 January 2019 - 18:49

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 23 January 2019 - 15:56, said:

Mate ! we differ in our brexit views so i am leaving it there.

Not keen on you comparing my views on it to roshans ridiculous doom and gloom spurs views though.

Very annoying and not necessary.

I wasn't comparing your views to anything, just joking that you'd mentioned fishing more than someone else on the forum mentions a thing they mention a lot.

Anyway. Happy to end my involvement in the discussion here, as I was earlier.

#106 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:19

View PostYidio Yidio, on 23 January 2019 - 17:32, said:

My reply was also a joke, Gibraltonians was rather good I thought. And my "Lets not start a war about it" gets funnier by the hour.

Anyway, Roshan is pulling everyones leg, he's not quite as daft as all that.

To be honest yidio i was of the same mind that roshan,s on bit of wind up most of the time.

Well i hope he is anyway ? LOLOLOL

#107 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:24

View Posttomtom, on 23 January 2019 - 18:49, said:

I wasn't comparing your views to anything, just joking that you'd mentioned fishing more than someone else on the forum mentions a thing they mention a lot.

Fair enough ! my point on the subject will become more clear as the eu signal that they want more than just the irish backstop.

But that will be further down the line in discussions. (they aint finished with us yet trust me )

As for brexit developments right now ! may should take rees-moggs advice and shut parliament.

That would fck grieve and soubry and the other self serving idiots.

#108 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:21

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 24 January 2019 - 01:19, said:

To be honest yidio i was of the same mind that roshan,s on bit of wind up most of the time.

Well i hope he is anyway ? LOLOLOL

There is a particular day of the week when his written English is impeccable and considering this site allows a correctional facility, I wonder why so many spell things wong

#109 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:04

View PostYidio Yidio, on 24 January 2019 - 03:21, said:

There is a particular day of the week when his written English is impeccable and considering this site allows a correctional facility, I wonder why so many spell things wong

LOL. Not just sites like this.

I get texts from mates who cant spell and texts from some who can ! and i am getting used to interpreting bad spelling. (or so i thought)

A mate of mine came down from luton and was meant to stay the night in the spare room but decided against staying which was a bit weird !

Anyway being sort of musicians we had a bit of a bash on guitars, the wife did dinner and then he left around 10pm.

Next day i got a text saying he didnt stay because of all the needles hanging around.

I texted back saying "what needless hanging around" "you aint all the ticket mate" we virtually had a row via text !

When he said "in the spare room "it suddenly dawned on me ! we have a diabetic cat that we inject with insulin 2 x daily and all her meds are kept in that room !and the sharps container was over flowing with used syringes

He went on to explain he has an aversion to needles so an apology was due.

Absolute true story and i try not to interpret bad spelling anymore !

#110 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:16

View Posttomtom, on 23 January 2019 - 18:49, said:

Just me being touchy ! apologies.

One thing positive about the brexit thread on here is that it has over 1250 views.

Totally love spurs but its good to see others look in on other subjects.

#111 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 January 2019 - 15:29

Hearing the eu are imploding and could be willing to start relenting on certain areas of the withdrawal agreement.

I always thought it was going to be who blinks first and theresa may has held firm ! give the woman some credibility.

Still miffed why she promoted that rotten deal off them but maybe she had no choice as everyone is against her. including 70 per cent of her own party.

Big Question is " are these reports fake news " ?

I dont think we will crash out but with the eu its apparently 11th hour stuff.

#112 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 January 2019 - 14:35

More doom and gloom being bandied about inspired by remainers and the eu ! more businesses will move abroad .

Of course there is no money to be made out of a rich nation like the UK. b******s.

The eu are ready to blink first.

Cant understand that remainers believe may doesnt want a deal as she is one of their own.

But at least she is being defiant in using the NO DEAL option as a weapon against eu bullying.

#113 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 February 2019 - 13:07

This is a lost cause ! for those that voted to leave it was made with the understanding we didnt need to deal with eu intransigents but to get out from their jurisdiction.

We are leaving but with the eu still controlling us as a vassal state.

They beheaded pro other powers back in the reign of Henry 8th.

What an absolute shambles and betrayal of the british people.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users