• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Arsenal vs Spurs Haribo Cup

#41 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:03

View PostChrisPienaar, on 20 December 2018 - 07:53, said:

Both goals essentially came from gazza sending the ball forward and then our attackerís creating a bit of magic. I donít understand why lloris isnít told to do the same more often. Itís so frustrating to see him try to pass it from the back even if every single one of our players is tightly marked. This invites a lot of pressure on ourselves.

Great win for us and great loss for arsenal as they have now lost two in a row. hopefully that shakes them a bit! Scum!

Agreed

#42 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:05

I just heard that Son will miss the carabao cup second leg, if we don't strengthen this window, something is wrong.

#43 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:07

View PostChrisPienaar, on 20 December 2018 - 07:53, said:

Both goals essentially came from gazza sending the ball forward and then our attacker’s creating a bit of magic. I don’t understand why lloris isn’t told to do the same more often. It’s so frustrating to see him try to pass it from the back even if every single one of our players is tightly marked. This invites a lot of pressure on ourselves.

Great win for us and great loss for arsenal as they have now lost two in a row. hopefully that shakes them a bit! Scum!

Chrispienaar you do no that Lloris weakness is his kicking, his distribution has always been poor, he does try it but sometimes it goes out of play or he kicks it to our opposition players :grinny:

#44 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:14

View PostSpurs scout, on 20 December 2018 - 08:07, said:

Chrispienaar you do no that Lloris weakness is his kicking, his distribution has always been poor, he does try it but sometimes it goes out of play or he kicks it to our opposition players :grinny:

I cannot accept that a professional footballer cannot kick the ball, especially a goalie. Iíd rather the ball go out of play on the center circle than invite pressure instantly through dodgy passing at the back. If not play gazza instead!

#45 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:31

View PostChrisPienaar, on 20 December 2018 - 08:14, said:

I cannot accept that a professional footballer cannot kick the ball, especially a goalie. Iíd rather the ball go out of play on the center circle than invite pressure instantly through dodgy passing at the back. If not play gazza instead!

Agree again

#46 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:35

View PostSpurs scout, on 20 December 2018 - 08:05, said:

I just heard that Son will miss the carabao cup second leg, if we don't strengthen this window, something is wrong.

Apparently heíll just miss Watford and Fulham in the league,not too bad.
I think the 2nd leg is away so havingnLamela in for that might not be so bad a selection anyway.

#47 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:11

in fairness Hugo was playing long balls vs Barca. Depends on the opposition really. Hugo's distribution under pressure isn't great, we've also seen Gazza play the ball out of play a few times (did at least once yesterday) and he's still flappy at crosses. Great shot stopper though and the two long balls forward that resulted in goals were great.

#48 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:24

Dust has settle now, was anyone else concerned about Winks' performance? He seems to ask for trouble and keep hold of the ball until the least minute and then lost it time and time again. Maybe Arsenal put good pressure on but it was a worry for me as he seems to be doing it a lot lately where he was picking passes nice and early before.

#49 User is offline   JRB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Dedicated Spurs Supporter since 1950!

Posted 20 December 2018 - 13:55

View Postfentonroad, on 20 December 2018 - 12:24, said:

Dust has settle now, was anyone else concerned about Winks' performance? He seems to ask for trouble and keep hold of the ball until the least minute and then lost it time and time again. Maybe Arsenal put good pressure on but it was a worry for me as he seems to be doing it a lot lately where he was picking passes nice and early before.

I tend to agree. I think there is a good player in him somewhere, but currently I don't rate him as high as Poch seems to. Recently, as you say, he is loosing the ball by keeping it too long, and also is playing easy passes rather than telling ones,as Dele and Harry did for the goals. Can't wait to get Dembele back in his place.

Also I would like to mention Sissoko: Like most supporters I have been amazed with his performances this season. But what a player he could be if he was taught how to shot! Surely we have enough well paid coaches at the club to spend time with him on what is currently a major weakness? I don't know, of course, if he spends extra training time on this feature, but if he does, it isn't working, and he needs to spend a whole lot more time on it. Get someone like Clive Allen in to show him how it's done :)

#50 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2018 - 14:03

View PostJRB, on 20 December 2018 - 13:55, said:

I tend to agree. I think there is a good player in him somewhere, but currently I don't rate him as high as Poch seems to. Recently, as you say, he is loosing the ball by keeping it too long, and also is playing easy passes rather than telling ones,as Dele and Harry did for the goals. Can't wait to get Dembele back in his place.

Also I would like to mention Sissoko: Like most supporters I have been amazed with his performances this season. But what a player he could be if he was taught how to shot! Surely we have enough well paid coaches at the club to spend time with him on what is currently a major weakness? I don't know, of course, if he spends extra training time on this feature, but if he does, it isn't working, and he needs to spend a whole lot more time on it. Get someone like Clive Allen in to show him how it's done :)

Defintely think centre of the park is where we could do with something. Dembele departure is imminent but Poch states there's not a lot of cash about so bargains to be sought. Frenkie De Jong seems the hot property but will cost buckets. Surely Rabiot with half a year left on his contract will be an ideal cheap buy with tonnes of potential and will know Moura, Sissoko and Aurier. De Jong has better stats but the French league is harder?

#51 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 December 2018 - 20:28

View PostJRB, on 20 December 2018 - 13:55, said:

I don't think you can teach someone to have composure in there game, they either calm or they are not. Sissoko just had a nose bleed when Eriksen gave him the chance just to shoot on goal and Sissoko thought oh no, maybe it is a confidence thing and still worries about the stick he gets from us. When he was at Newcastle they were going in.

#52 User is offline   Stargazer 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2018 - 21:54

Great result, we have trodden on scum. Deli Ali goal reminded me of a few Messi use to score, classy. As to Sissoko he may regain his full confidence once he scores that first goal, he seems to be improving, so may be Spurs will earn their investment in him. As to future, hope we get our new stadium soon and maybe Poch will stay another season with Spurs (fingers crossed!.)

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users