• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:53

Wait for all the speculation linking Poch with Old Trafford

#2 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, Cricket, Athletics, Rugby Union, film and books, current affairs

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:00

Inevitable that Poch will be linked. My worry is that Man U have the cash to flash and could promise their managerial target a fair old transfer war chest (not to mention compensation to the new managers previous employer). Not saying it's Poch, but it wouldn't surprise me.

#3 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:01

Very disappointing, if they get the right person the Man U can easily become a force again, more competition for CL...

#4 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:03

Looks like Carrick has got it until end of season.

Levy better give Poch money to spend during Jan otherwise he will be gone come June

#5 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:08

I must say this was my fear and the fact they are prepared to wait till the summer says to me Poch is their number 1 target. Says in his book he didn't even agree to talk to us when we got rid of Sherwood till the end of the season.

Big, big 6 months for Levy to prove to him he doesn't need to go anywhere but even then if his heads been turned we could be facing a losing battle.

#6 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:14

SteveB, on 18 December 2018 - 09:53, said:

Wait for all the speculation linking Poch with Old Trafford

The Man utd fans are confident that Poch will be the manager by summer, if you read things in there forum and the radio they are talking about what spurs players joining him at old trafford, and Gary Nevile can f*** himself.

If that happened Levy has himself to blame for only trying to use the club to find ways to make himself money. I am tired of the media bringing doom and gloom to our club when we are currently having the best season so far in our Premier League history. I am confident that Poch will honor his contract , I am just tired of the media trying to unsettle our club.

#7 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:40

Mourinho won 2 Trophies and still get sacked.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#8 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:41

Says Carrick is there for 48hrs till a replacement is found

#9 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:53

ChrisPienaar, on 18 December 2018 - 10:41, said:

Says Carrick is there for 48hrs till a replacement is found

carrick is temp manager for two days and they will bring in a more experience manager from outside of the club until the end of the season. According to the media the manager they want is currently in a club and will approach him in the summer. Gary Neville is convinced it is Poch.

#10 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 18 December 2018 - 11:52

If man Utd want poch they'll get him, they can buy him out easy and still offer him £200m or £300m war chest,, it all comes down to if poch wants to go or stay and finish what he's started, my only worry is did levy lie to him over the summer

#11 User is offline   electricpace 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2018 - 12:16

I Reckon he’s taken us as far as he can without the full backing from Levy and it’s going to take more than a new stadium to keep him.

Ferguson groomed Poch years ago and now hes needed. Poch gone in the summer unfortunately.

#12 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2018 - 13:10

So lets think about the worst and he does go - who would you want to replace hi. I know a lot would go for Eddie Howe but for me Raffa is the obvious choice

#13 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 December 2018 - 13:23

Get a grip guys : LOL.

Pochettino would cost man utd a fortune and they dont like dealing with levy after the berbatov debacle.

See the postives not the negatives.

Relaaaaaaaaaaax ! Zidane is on his way back after his break from the rigours of managing real madrid : you know ? that fantastic spanish club we used to have a special(one way) relationship with ! LOL

#14 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 December 2018 - 13:50

SteveB, on 18 December 2018 - 13:10, said:

So lets think about the worst and he does go - who would you want to replace hi. I know a lot would go for Eddie Howe but for me Raffa is the obvious choice

Not Raffa, no way, we need a manager to continue the good football we play, if we looking for managers to win trophies and play ugly defensive football we might as well go for Mourinho. My choices are Eddie Howe and Julian Nagelsmann from Hoffenheim, we can all say Poch will be here for our new stadium and Man utd is not going to but in football you never know because our club has been punching above its weight for a long time and don't have the finances to get the best players while Man utd has, clubs like Real madrid and Man utd don't come around often, unless poch knows Levy is going to back him it would be a different story. Man utd has the finances to name your price if they are desperate for that player or manager.

Its a funny game, one minute your excited about the future of the club and the next it can be taken away from you, the game is about the super rich clubs, it is not sustainable for clubs like ours, if poch goes would that mean the future's of Kane, Eriksen, winks, Alli , Vertonghen, LLoris, and the rest are thinking of moving on.

#15 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 December 2018 - 13:51

Said at the beggining of the season I thought this was poch’s last season . Utd were the bigger worry to me than Madrid.

The figure that Utd would have to pay is irrelevant . It’s chicken feed to them . The limited resources under levy was always gonna take its toll .

I hope he stays , he has given us 5 seasons . But if he is Utd number one target , I won’t see him turning it down.

My worry is the present . With the media constantly linking him, how will this effect the players . We saw W what happened under Harry .

Eriksens new deal ? Will he now wait till the summer to see what happens . I would .

Levy will be rubbing his sweaty little palms together at how much he would get for this .

He will also probably be thinking about replacements aswell

I had a feeling the embarrassment of the summers transfer window would come back to haunt us in some way. I reckon it was a bridge too far for poch .

Obviously hope he doesn’t go , but I wouldn’t blame him if he did .

#16 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 December 2018 - 13:53

If the worst did happen, no way would I want Benitez anywhere near the club . I would be happy with Eddie howe though

#17 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 December 2018 - 14:07

stokesie, on 18 December 2018 - 13:53, said:

If the worst did happen, no way would I want Benitez anywhere near the club . I would be happy with Eddie howe though

the hoffenheim manager looks a class manager, I like how his team play attractive football and tactically he sets them up to be hard to break down and he is younger then poch.

#18 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 December 2018 - 14:12

stokesie, on 18 December 2018 - 13:53, said:

The two things I am worried about Eddie howe, his experience at managing a bigger club with higher expectations and his teams are not very good at defending, they do tend to shift a lot of goals in.

#19 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 December 2018 - 15:41

Pochettino will not be going anywhere!

The only thing “spursy” about poch’s Spurs is the fans, how come poch seems to have more belief in our “project” & club than most our own fans ?
He’s fully invested in Tottenham & even if some/most want to ignore it he often outlines his vision on these types of rumours & his LONG TERM ambition at spurs !

Why would he want to leave us for them now ?? Money ? Nope not poch & squad vs squad it’s not even close! Ed woodwood is useless & causing Utd critical damage & will likely be next out the door over the next 1-2 yrs, the Utd academy is shot & overall from top to bottom the club is in a mess compare that to what has been built at spurs around pochettinos vision in most cases
Luckily for us he’s special he’s unique & poch is magic his loyalty & character seems different to most in football & he will stay with us & push on

#20 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 December 2018 - 15:44

Levy needs to back him though.

Wonder if Toby will do a 180 on his negotiations with us now Mourinho isn't tapping him up. Poch staying put and burying the hatchet with Toby would be a superb show of our progress.

This post has been edited by tomtom: 18 December 2018 - 16:37
Reason for edit: fixed an autocorrect

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Google