• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mourhinho Sacked Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 18 December 2018 - 15:49

I see this as a positive to be honest if anything this will only increase the chances & pressure on levy to keep him happy investment wise!

Every time a club comes calling it strengthens poch’s hand

Logically who in they’re right mind would walk away from us at this moment? Walk away from a club in our position & a playing squad with the likes of Kane eriksen alli etc ? With or without poch Utd couldn’t buy these

#22 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 December 2018 - 16:05

View PostParklaner, on 18 December 2018 - 15:41, said:

Pochettino will not be going anywhere!

The only thing “spursy” about poch’s Spurs is the fans, how come poch seems to have more belief in our “project” & club than most our own fans ?
He’s fully invested in Tottenham & even if some/most want to ignore it he often outlines his vision on these types of rumours & his LONG TERM ambition at spurs !

Why would he want to leave us for them now ?? Money ? Nope not poch & squad vs squad it’s not even close! Ed woodwood is useless & causing Utd critical damage & will likely be next out the door over the next 1-2 yrs, the Utd academy is shot & overall from top to bottom the club is in a mess compare that to what has been built at spurs around pochettinos vision in most cases
Luckily for us he’s special he’s unique & poch is magic his loyalty & character seems different to most in football & he will stay with us & push on

Glad someone see's the truth and not all that other garbage discussing benitez and eddie howe as potentially taking over from a (lured away) pochettino.

He is well looked after financially by levy and tied up for 5 years ! how much would levy want to tear up his contract ? how much has it cost man utd to sack the special one ?

The appointment of pochettino and his entourage of assistants, plus the sacking of mourinho and his entourage of assistants would cost man utd virtually all their tv rights money for last season.

It isnt happening and this whole thread is a journey into fantasy land.

Zinedine Zidane will be their next coach.

#23 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 December 2018 - 16:15

View PostParklaner, on 18 December 2018 - 15:49, said:

I see this as a positive to be honest if anything this will only increase the chances & pressure on levy to keep him happy investment wise!

Logically who in they’re right mind would walk away from us at this moment? Walk away from a club in our position & a playing squad with the likes of Kane eriksen alli etc ? With or without poch Utd couldn’t buy these

We don't know what is going to happen in the summer , maybe Poch thinks he has taken the club as far as it can and leave on a high, they is no guarantee that Eriksen is going to sign his contract and they is no guarantee that in the short term we will see the benefits of the stadium for a few more years because of loan debts. If poch stays next season I will be happy but he doesn't we won't be surprised.

#24 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 December 2018 - 16:48

Poch has given his usual answer saying he's focused on his job, not interested in rumours and "I don't know what more the fans want me to say".

He's on job... but is smart enough not to say "never" so Daniel doesn't take him for granted.

One footie agent reckons Redknapp's in with a shout til end of the season, can you imagine! :lmao:

For those saying United can easily afford to buy out Poch's contract, I don't believe there's a set buy-out fee. Levy gets to say no to an offer, even if it's more than what Poch has left on his contract unless I'm mistaken. He would have to give permission for them to talk to him, even if it is in the summer. Obviously if Poch said he didn't want to be here any more it's a different thing, but he's always said he'll stay til Daniel wants him to go. On top of that I really get bored of the whole "Levy will be rubbing his hands together" nonsense, clubs have come in for Kane, Eriksen, Dele, Jan, Toby, Dembele, Poch & more in the last few years with good offers and he knew they were too important to loose. This antiquated idea of him selling our key assets if someone makes a decent offer is clearly b******s. If someone forces his hand he gets good money for them, it took Bale's parents pleading with him and Bale refusing to train before he even considered a world record bid for him ffs.

When Madrid came knocking, Levy told them to do one and Poch got on with things. I expect he'll do similar in the summer. Also Poch is extremely settled into life in London, he has his family and friends and their families all here. As others have pointed out they can't afford our top players and we already know theirs aren't good enough. They'll likely miss out on CL too, and Poch is already one of the best paid managers in the league so he's not going to up sticks for £.

BUT Levy & co need to do better in the next transfer window.

#25 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 18 December 2018 - 17:36

View PostParklaner, on 18 December 2018 - 15:41, said:

Pochettino will not be going anywhere!

The only thing “spursy” about poch’s Spurs is the fans, how come poch seems to have more belief in our “project” & club than most our own fans ?
He’s fully invested in Tottenham & even if some/most want to ignore it he often outlines his vision on these types of rumours & his LONG TERM ambition at spurs !

Why would he want to leave us for them now ?? Money ? Nope not poch & squad vs squad it’s not even close! Ed woodwood is useless & causing Utd critical damage & will likely be next out the door over the next 1-2 yrs, the Utd academy is shot & overall from top to bottom the club is in a mess compare that to what has been built at spurs around pochettinos vision in most cases
Luckily for us he’s special he’s unique & poch is magic his loyalty & character seems different to most in football & he will stay with us & push on

Parky I seriously hope your right but until ManU get a new manager I'm not counting any chickens. Levy has to seriously back Poch for him to feel he can turn down Real in the summer and then United.

Your reasoning is more about faith and belief in Poch than the reality. ManU are still the richest club in the world well ahead of us in every department apart from on the football pitch. Like us they would allow him to build a dynasty long term.

The only question is whether he wanted to follow in Fergie's footsteps or create his own history and legacy with us?

I'm hoping and praying it's with us but I would not be surprised if his head gets turned.

#26 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 December 2018 - 17:57

View Posttomtom, on 18 December 2018 - 16:48, said:

Poch has given his usual answer saying he's focused on his job, not interested in rumours and "I don't know what more the fans want me to say".

He's on job... but is smart enough not to say "never" so Daniel doesn't take him for granted.

One footie agent reckons Redknapp's in with a shout til end of the season, can you imagine! :lmao:

For those saying United can easily afford to buy out Poch's contract, I don't believe there's a set buy-out fee. Levy gets to say no to an offer, even if it's more than what Poch has left on his contract unless I'm mistaken. He would have to give permission for them to talk to him, even if it is in the summer. Obviously if Poch said he didn't want to be here any more it's a different thing, but he's always said he'll stay til Daniel wants him to go. On top of that I really get bored of the whole "Levy will be rubbing his hands together" nonsense, clubs have come in for Kane, Eriksen, Dele, Jan, Toby, Dembele, Poch & more in the last few years with good offers and he knew they were too important to loose. This antiquated idea of him selling our key assets if someone makes a decent offer is clearly b******s. If someone forces his hand he gets good money for them, it took Bale's parents pleading with him and Bale refusing to train before he even considered a world record bid for him ffs.

When Madrid came knocking, Levy told them to do one and Poch got on with things. I expect he'll do similar in the summer. Also Poch is extremely settled into life in London, he has his family and friends and their families all here. As others have pointed out they can't afford our top players and we already know theirs aren't good enough. They'll likely miss out on CL too, and Poch is already one of the best paid managers in the league so he's not going to up sticks for £.

BUT Levy & co need to do better in the next transfer window.

lol the media did a good job of killing the feel good factor we had for the past week, I don't get why the media has a disliking for our club, I don't get it, if it is not Poch they are trying to get rid of it is our players, we play good football, spend within our means, sitting third in the table and still in every cup competition but clubs like Liverpool, Everton and Arsenal getting better praise then what we are getting. They moan that our players are on peanuts, we then award them the contracts they deserve then every time we get on a run , they hit you with , you need to win something tag. Whenever man utd are having problems the media expects us to solve there problems, maybe we are nothing more than, a selling club to them.

#27 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 18 December 2018 - 18:20

View PostSpurs scout, on 18 December 2018 - 17:57, said:

lol the media did a good job of killing the feel good factor we had for the past week, I don't get why the media has a disliking for our club, I don't get it, if it is not Poch they are trying to get rid of it is our players, we play good football, spend within our means, sitting third in the table and still in every cup competition but clubs like Liverpool, Everton and Arsenal getting better praise then what we are getting. They moan that our players are on peanuts, we then award them the contracts they deserve then they move it too they need to win things to keep them, then if we do win a domestic cup you get a strange feeling they will say they need to win league titles to keep these players. Now they are saying for poch needs to move to a bigger club to fulfil his potential.

Because it kills them not being right. For the past 4 years we've been painted as a feeder club, fluke, going nowhere, soon fall apart and they're waiting for their "I told you so" moment and until that happens they won't stop.

I'm desperate for Levy to back Poch to shut these w***ers up and ram their two faced undermining words up their jacksies

#28 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 December 2018 - 18:33

View Postaramak, on 18 December 2018 - 18:20, said:

Because it kills them not being right. For the past 4 years we've been painted as a feeder club, fluke, going nowhere, soon fall apart and they're waiting for their "I told you so" moment and until that happens they won't stop.

I'm desperate for Levy to back Poch to shut these w***ers up and ram their two faced undermining words up their jacksies

The media can be cruel, I am hearing Poch wants the manutd job and he wants reassurances from manutd that they will bring four of our top players to old trafford. :lmao:

#29 User is offline   electricpace 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2018 - 19:17

View PostParklaner, on 18 December 2018 - 15:49, said:

#30 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 18 December 2018 - 19:19

Let's not be in denial here and be realeastic , there is a good chance he could go especially now that United are willing to wait.
Also if we are going to be honest it's a good time to take over at United aswell.

I pray and hope he doesn't go because he has almost single handedly turned us into a force to be reckoned with whilst playing the right way and promoting youth.
But if I'm levy I'm drawing up a shortlist of who we could potentially get if the worst was to happen .
Whoever posted about hoffenhiem manager was a good shout, let's hope it doesn't get to that stage.

#31 User is offline   electricpace 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2018 - 19:28

I admire the eternal optimism but dont you think that if Utd wanted to smash the bank to get Poch they couldn’t do it ? Utd want another lifelong manager Mourinho was never it and never will be anywhere he goes. Poch however fits the bill perfectly and Utd could quite easily imo get him. Poch buys into the Spurs project but for how much longer ? It’s going to take a lot more than a new stadium to keep him and let’s face it , thats the only carrot Levy can dangle. Utd on the other hand ....

#32 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 December 2018 - 22:17

View Postwillyid82, on 18 December 2018 - 19:19, said:

Let's not be in denial here and be realeastic , there is a good chance he could go especially now that United are willing to wait.
Also if we are going to be honest it's a good time to take over at United aswell.

I pray and hope he doesn't go because he has almost single handedly turned us into a force to be reckoned with whilst playing the right way and promoting youth.
But if I'm levy I'm drawing up a shortlist of who we could potentially get if the worst was to happen .
Whoever posted about hoffenhiem manager was a good shout, let's hope it doesn't get to that stage.

:grinny: I posted the hoffenheim one until I heard he is leaving Hoffenheim in the summer for RB Leipzig. As much as I want to believe Poch will want to stay and dream that he will turn us into title challengers the reality is we are what we are, we have a history of being a selling club and what we are doing is hard to be sustainable because of finances and we are in the pecking order of a food chain. If poch goes we are back to square one and start again because the new manager would have different ideas, he would want different players to fit in the style he want and may end up being useless. I keep hearing about Eddie Howe, his team ship a lot of goals and sometimes end up getting at the end of a hiding, that concerns me. I am laughing because you know man utd fans are all going to sit and watch our team tomorrow to get excited for the summer.

#33 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2018 - 23:37

Mourinho sacking is a big worry for Spurs keeping Poch. The fact that United are rumoured to be only appointing a caretaker until end of season suggests they are targeting someone who they feel they have more chance of getting for next season. We've been here before when England FA flirted with Redknapp. Levy demanded loyalty but Harry just whacked on the mascara and flashed his eye lashes at FA. Outcome Harry sacked, AVB and the whole debacle that brought. Levy WILL demand loyalty from Poch and if we don't get more from Poch than the usual cr@p about not talking about other clubs then we potentially have a big problem IMO. Poch could have said more and until he does the press will keep speculating and United will start believing they can lure him.

#34 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2018 - 23:52

PS Manure along with Real s***s Madrid are probably the 2 clubs in world football I absolutely despise the most - yes more than Gooners, Chavs or Spammers.

They have this psychopathic sense of entitlement that they can take who they want when they want and screw anybody else with seemingly infinitely deep pockets to break any marriage. Wouldn't it be so refreshing for football if just for once they go for Poch and Levy and Poch tell them publicly to go do one!

#35 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:00

Having watched Poch's reaction he said enough.

Summer might be a different question but I'm not anywhere near as sure as some of you are that United have the pull they used to.

#36 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:17

View Posttomtom, on 19 December 2018 - 01:00, said:

Summer might be a different question but I'm not anywhere near as sure as some of you are that United have the pull they used to.

The most worrying thing now if the ramp up from the media is correct ! is ! could this ambush the season for us ?

Will it undermine player performances for the 2nd part of the season ?

Would lumping out big sums for player targets in the summer made any difference.

You have to hope pochettino comes out and puts the fans worries to bed if its just media rubbish......! thats the decent thing to do.

#37 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 December 2018 - 08:35

View Posttomtom, on 19 December 2018 - 01:00, said:

None of the media have picked up on Vertonghen signing a contract extension yesterday, I am not being funny but why would a player sign a contract extension for another season knowing our club next season could be up in the air unless he got reassured from poch and the staff that they would be here next season. When our club was linked to Real Madrid and Chelsea in the summer, our players were signing contracts left right and centre , I am not talking about contract extensions for one year to see if Poch would be in charge but long term contracts, I am talking about kane and alli signing five and six year contracts. I am with paddy power with this one when Real madrid and Chelsea failed to lure Poch good luck Man utd but then again Ed woodward is so desperate and has more money then sense he would probably put a world record bid for a manager that gets Levy's money pants jiggling. Levy knows what to do, if he fails to back Poch this summer it just proves what some of us knows about Levy.

#38 User is offline   Mattaoz87 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2018 - 08:53

The one thing that kind of hurts about this who debacle is that even the fact we’re the far superior team when compared with united, much more stable in terms of how the clubs run, consistently getting CL football, far superior players etc.……..we’re still considered a tier below when compared with united. Don’t get me wrong, obviously United are still heavyweights in world football (albeit in name only atm), but I can’t imagine the same media speculation if Poch was in charge of Chelsea, Liverpool or even Arsenal……but with us, we always are categorised as this feeder club where united are concerned.

My gut says Poch is interested and perhaps has grown tired of Levy under delivering on promises. I think secretly Poch would have been gutted we didn’t push on in the summer. I really hope it doesn’t happen as I think it sends out a message we’re still the underlings amongst the top clubs in the PL.

I think the likely successor would be Howe……I think Raffa could do a decent job and win us a trophy but there’s no way he would get on with Levy.

#39 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 December 2018 - 08:58

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 19 December 2018 - 05:17, said:

The most worrying thing now if the ramp up from the media is correct ! is ! could this ambush the season for us ?

Will it undermine player performances for the 2nd part of the season ?

Would lumping out big sums for player targets in the summer made any difference.

You have to hope pochettino comes out and puts the fans worries to bed if its just media rubbish......! thats the decent thing to do.

The only way this effects the squad is if poch doesn’t tell them he’s staying !

They’d be well aware of situation before anyone else !

Pochettino has always been honest without shutting down the media rumours I suppose it’s in his interest to not in some ways as it strengthens him in negotiations with levy !

I’m not concerned at all at this stage I believe in poch’s previous comments he seems fully invested in us now& foreseeable future!
He’s shown his loyalty & integrity in the past & will do so again imo !

He wants to build a legacy at spurs (his words) he wants to put spurs alongside the biggest clubs (his words)
He’s regularly claimed we need to believe in the project & states only a short time ago he feels confident he can achieve everything he wants to at spurs

He will yet again show us how lucky we are

#40 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:21

Have heard that United are holding off until the end of the season so that they an get Allegri as they know Poch is off limits. I know United are still considered the tier above in regards to status but i genuinely think the whole club is bought in to this new philosophy and the new stadium is hopefully going to take us to this 'next tier'

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users