• You cannot reply to this topic

Mourhinho Sacked Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 20 December 2018 - 19:33

View Postjourneyman, on 20 December 2018 - 15:12, said:

Why do they keep coming to us? I think the answer to that is the fact levy,s love of making big bucks.
People know he can be hard to do business with as he always wants top dollar. He would flog his granny if the price was rignt.
But havinf said that the trouble is people (players managers) hear united interested in them an straight away they get their heads turned, when will they realise that united are not the big club they once used to be. Leaving spurs now for united for me is a retrograde step for anyone, especially managers, but if poch is dithering id sooner he go now rather than have it hanging over us like damaclese sword.

my fear is the longer this goes on the more our players will get affected , I remember when we had that problem with harry and our players down tool to a extent he had to go.

#62 User is offline   Rjspurs 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2018 - 20:00

If poch goes he goes, there is nothing we can do about it as fans and getting annoyed and upset only gives other fans clubs and media a bigger stick to hit us with.

Obviously I want him to stay and think he has built something great and worth fighting for.

The future will be bright though as we all know the answer and how this plays out. Poch will stay til the end of the season then bam.

THFC are delighted to announce the appointment of Ralph hassenhutl. Following his audition at Southampton he has proved himself good enough for us. He has already beaten arsenal what more could u want.

#63 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 20 December 2018 - 21:32

Most say agree with the club and Poch, fair play. We can't have every press conference dominated by this.

https://www.bbc.co.u...otball/46639155

#64 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 20 December 2018 - 23:20

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but reading between the lines I think we have a good chance of keeping him.

http://www.espn.co.u...club-pochettino

#65 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:39

I’ll make this simple. It’s just how I feel.
If Levy does not give money to spend in the transfer market and Poch joins United ,then good luck to him.I would not blame him at all.
If he gets the money for new players and still goes then my respect for him will have gone.

If the first happens ie no money and he’s gone then fans should not go to the new stadium for a certain period.Put pressure on the whole board, get Levy out.

#66 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 December 2018 - 09:10

Porch comments on spurs fans need to start showing more faith ?
Must read PS on a weekly basis

Seriously posting replacements for a manager that isn’t going anywhere?

Like I said above the only thIng spursy about pochettino’s spurs is a section of our pessimistic negative fans/supporters

#67 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 December 2018 - 09:47

View PostParklaner, on 21 December 2018 - 09:10, said:

Porch comments on spurs fans need to start showing more faith ?
Must read PS on a weekly basis

Seriously posting replacements for a manager that isn’t going anywhere?

Like I said above the only thIng spursy about pochettino’s spurs is a section of our pessimistic negative fans/supporters

The thing that worries me is the bookies don't usually get it wrong, Man Utd is in a mess but they have the resources to come again and are more likely to win the league and champions league in the foreseeable future then us because of there wealth, it will be interesting to see if Levy backs poch because we all know that Manutd can get players we can only dream about. We have to put up with this until summer , only Poch and Levy knows what is going to happen.

#68 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:29

View PostSpurs scout, on 21 December 2018 - 09:47, said:

The thing that worries me is the bookies don't usually get it wrong, Man Utd is in a mess but they have the resources to come again and are more likely to win the league and champions league in the foreseeable future then us because of there wealth, it will be interesting to see if Levy backs poch because we all know that Manutd can get players we can only dream about. We have to put up with this until summer , only Poch and Levy knows what is going to happen.

Think if we secure Champion's League and Man Utd don't he'll definitely stay. A bit of silverware might help too.

#69 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:17

It never ceases to surprise me at times how any player whose played for us ends being more Spurs leaning than any club they've played for. Berba's come out and said he wants and believes Poch should stay even though he admits Utd are hard to turn down. Seems ironic considering

#70 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:19

https://www.football...latest-15581357

#71 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:37

View Postfentonroad, on 21 December 2018 - 10:29, said:

Think if we secure Champion's League and Man Utd don't he'll definitely stay. A bit of silverware might help too.

I don't think winning a cup and finishing in a champions league spot is going to keep him here Fentonroad, poch has bigger ambitions then that, it was not long ago that Poch said he has bigger ambitions then winning domestic cups and we all moaned about it. Poch's wants to win the premier league and Champions league and seeing how Man city's wealth has given us no chance is heartbreaking for poch. LOL we virtually had the same team for four and a half years, Levy brainwashed some of the deluded fans a dream that he is doing his all to take the team forward but in reality he is doing all he can as a businessman to make as much money for himself as he can. I think the last straw is when we got Moura for a cut price deal at a club that needed to balance the book because we are getting a winger which moura is to play as a forward like Son and is getting inconsistant results. Can you hand on heart really believe Levy is going to back Poch in January and summer.

#72 User is offline   Harry_ Co_ Kane 

• Trialist
  • Pip

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:43

View PostArmchairSpurs, on 18 December 2018 - 10:00, said:

Inevitable that Poch will be linked. My worry is that Man U have the cash to flash and could promise their managerial target a fair old transfer war chest (not to mention compensation to the new managers previous employer). Not saying it's Poch, but it wouldn't surprise me.

#73 User is offline   Harry_ Co_ Kane 

• Trialist
  • Pip

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:49

Poch is good as gone, Levy messed everything all up, do you remember when Poch's contract was up for renewal and we all saw Poch saying "we must be brave, we can't try and be clever winning trophies by spending the least amount of money"

Levy told Poch he will give him 100 thousand to spend on transfers to make Poch sign a 5 year contract and surprise surpise, false pretencies, that is now going to bite Levy in the arse.

Poch will remember that, not even the greatest Magician in the world would be able to sweet talk cheap stake leavy.

#74 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:52

View PostSpurs scout, on 21 December 2018 - 11:37, said:

I don't think winning a cup and finishing in a champions league spot is going to keep him here Fentonroad, poch has bigger ambitions then that, it was not long ago that Poch said he has bigger ambitions then winning domestic cups and we all moaned about it. Poch's wants to win the premier league and Champions league and seeing how Man city's wealth has given us no chance is heartbreaking for poch. LOL we virtually had the same team for four and a half years, Levy brainwashed some of the deluded fans a dream that he is doing his all to take the team forward but in reality he is doing all he can as a businessman to make as much money for himself as he can. I think the last straw is when we got Moura for a cut price deal at a club that needed to balance the book because we are getting a winger which moura is to play as a forward like Son and is getting inconsistant results. Can you hand on heart really believe Levy is going to back Poch in January and summer.

I agree he's not going to splash the cash in January but surely Rabiot is a realistic option. Heard it on the radio the other day think it was Sherwood that we are at the point we either get better by buying the next level player (around the £60-£70m mark) or go backwards as people around us are buying exactly that. Arsenal buying the likes of Aubameyang is the level we should be going for. We are never going to compete with City but we can't keep dipping our toe in the £30m mark. Think we would all be happy if we just spent that around the £50m amount on one player during the summer as we are one of the strongest squads. If that was the case, Savic, Draxler or Rodriguez. Centre midfield is our weakness. Martial would have been good but now we have Son, Moura, Eriksen, Dele and Lamela competing for three spots I don't think we need anyone there.

Bottom line is if Levy doesn't buy with a big player at the start of the summer Poch will probably go as he can't squeeze much more out of the current squad.

#75 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:21

View Postfentonroad, on 21 December 2018 - 11:52, said:

I agree he's not going to splash the cash in January but surely Rabiot is a realistic option. Heard it on the radio the other day think it was Sherwood that we are at the point we either get better by buying the next level player (around the £60-£70m mark) or go backwards as people around us are buying exactly that. Arsenal buying the likes of Aubameyang is the level we should be going for. We are never going to compete with City but we can't keep dipping our toe in the £30m mark. Think we would all be happy if we just spent that around the £50m amount on one player during the summer as we are one of the strongest squads. If that was the case, Savic, Draxler or Rodriguez. Centre midfield is our weakness. Martial would have been good but now we have Son, Moura, Eriksen, Dele and Lamela competing for three spots I don't think we need anyone there.

Bottom line is if Levy doesn't buy with a big player at the start of the summer Poch will probably go as he can't squeeze much more out of the current squad.

its very well you naming players like Aubameyang, Draxler, Rodriguez but these players you just mentioned are on a lot more then what our highest earner Kane is on, Ozil is on three hundred thousand a week and sitting on the bench ,do we have the wage structure get those players and at the same time offer them a chance to win league titles and champion leagues, we have been overachieving in the league for a long time.

#76 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:24

View PostSpurs scout, on 21 December 2018 - 12:21, said:

Thats the problem, Rabiot has clubs who can offer him bigger wages, a better chance of winning champions leagues and league titles, I heard Mancity, Juventus, Bayern munich and the other lot down the road are also interested in him.

Hoping De Jong and Ndombélé distract the others and we jump in. Otherwise there won't be anything coming in during January and will add even more pressure on us to recruit during the summer where no doubt Rabiot will be snapped up. At least if we get him now it will show a bit of ambition

#77 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:39

View Postfentonroad, on 21 December 2018 - 12:24, said:

Hoping De Jong and Ndombélé distract the others and we jump in. Otherwise there won't be anything coming in during January and will add even more pressure on us to recruit during the summer where no doubt Rabiot will be snapped up. At least if we get him now it will show a bit of ambition

Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot is demanding a wage of €5million a season that is why they are not extending his contract lol.

#78 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:41

I think we need to carry on buying the next big teen talent,, only on a bigger scale money wise,, like instead of buying 3 or 4 young players at £10m £15m each we buy 1 or 2 at £40 each and let poch work with them,, de jong and de ligt are the type of young future world class players we can gamble on because there value will only go up ,,wages would not be to big plus we need to use the poch effect more young players know he will improve them and they will play under him unlike at Chelsea,,single out the top 2 or 3 young players around the world that have the right mentality and willing to work and learn and go after them,, it's the only way to go because we are not gonna spent £80m on the finished article and then pay him over £200k a week

#79 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:51

View PostSpurs scout, on 21 December 2018 - 12:39, said:

Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot is demanding a wage of €5million a season that is why they are not extending his contract lol.

If we gave him that it will £100k a week, not as much as Dele but surely not enough to put us off?

#80 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:52

View Postfentonroad, on 21 December 2018 - 12:51, said:

If we gave him that it will £100k a week, not as much as Dele but surely not enough to put us off?

Plus he's only 23

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users