• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mourhinho Sacked Rate Topic: -----

#81 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 21 December 2018 - 13:29

Well we all have to hope that olly solsjaer is such a great success they give him the job full time............LOL

This is his chance and he has to grab it with both hands.

Apart from that i have to agree with quite a lot of opinions on here that levy seems afraid or even wary of taking a bit of a risk in the transfer market.

I said in the summer and will say it again that one good buy per summer window and one gamble would be the way to go.

I wanted martial as a main buy and shaquiri as the gamble but it didnt happen.

I think you blokes should also remember what was announced by a spurs secretary in august ! that we had our targets and couldnt get them ! pochettino didnt want player b or c options.

Its not nice but all we can do is wait and see with the pochettino situation..............(and hope)

#82 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 21 December 2018 - 16:51

yeah was thinking the same with Solskjaer. He's said he'd like the job permanently, let's hope they go on a run (except against us) and get close enough in the CL to give the club cause to keep him on!

Even happy for Lukaku to get the golden boot over Kane if it means we keep Poch.

#83 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 December 2018 - 17:07

View PostParklaner, on 21 December 2018 - 09:10, said:

Porch comments on spurs fans need to start showing more faith ?
Must read PS on a weekly basis

Seriously posting replacements for a manager that isnít going anywhere?

Like I said above the only thIng spursy about pochettinoís spurs is a section of our pessimistic negative fans/supporters

With all due respect and I mean that because I enjoy your posts , you have no idea what poch is thinking . To think that he wonít even contemplate it is delusional , itís stands to reason that he will. . I hope you are right I really do.

As for this negative fans nonsense . We arnt in the stadium , itís not effecting poch or the players . What we say on here will have no bearing on weather he goes or not . Itís just a discussion . Some of us think he will stay some of us think he will go. Itís a discussion.
There is a fine line between reality and negativity

Thinking he will go. Isnít being negative if you have valid reasons to think he will. And you have to be honest there are plenty of valid reasons for him to leave , just like there are for him to stay .

I have to admit , Iím glad Iím not in the country having to listen to the media . I bet talks***e are having a field day. Probably dedicating every show to it like they did with bale.

I be aleady seen a clip of jim s***e mouthing off on you tube .

#84 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 December 2018 - 18:11

View Posthotsauce, on 21 December 2018 - 12:41, said:

I think we need to carry on buying the next big teen talent,, only on a bigger scale money wise,, like instead of buying 3 or 4 young players at £10m £15m each we buy 1 or 2 at £40 each and let poch work with them,, de jong and de ligt are the type of young future world class players we can gamble on because there value will only go up ,,wages would not be to big plus we need to use the poch effect more young players know he will improve them and they will play under him unlike at Chelsea,,single out the top 2 or 3 young players around the world that have the right mentality and willing to work and learn and go after them,, it's the only way to go because we are not gonna spent £80m on the finished article and then pay him over £200k a week

haha I admire your optimism but no players worth 40 pound each.

#85 User is offline   Harry_ Co_ Kane 

• Trialist
  • Pip

Posted 21 December 2018 - 20:38

View Postfentonroad, on 21 December 2018 - 11:52, said:

I agree he's not going to splash the cash in January but surely Rabiot is a realistic option. Heard it on the radio the other day think it was Sherwood that we are at the point we either get better by buying the next level player (around the £60-£70m mark) or go backwards as people around us are buying exactly that. Arsenal buying the likes of Aubameyang is the level we should be going for. We are never going to compete with City but we can't keep dipping our toe in the £30m mark. Think we would all be happy if we just spent that around the £50m amount on one player during the summer as we are one of the strongest squads. If that was the case, Savic, Draxler or Rodriguez. Centre midfield is our weakness. Martial would have been good but now we have Son, Moura, Eriksen, Dele and Lamela competing for three spots I don't think we need anyone there.

Bottom line is if Levy doesn't buy with a big player at the start of the summer Poch will probably go as he can't squeeze much more out of the current squad.

Our future to progress for the further future now has alot of uncertainty around it.
Remember in the summer transfer window, Poch contract was up for renewal and in the sky sports, Poch was saying " We have to be brave, we can't try to be clever spending the least amount of money to try and win Silverware, Levy promised Poch £100,000 for the transfer window to make Poch sign a new 5 year contract and the moment Poch signed, we all know what happened, no money.

All of this will play a major factor in Poch decision to stay, what I am amazed with he was done over and still remained professional.
We can't say Poch has more options in choosing the players that he wants, because we have all witnessed Poch asking for a certain player and getting someone entirely different.

Because of this I think Poch is gone unless he is looking to play hard ball with Levy to get what he wants to make him stay.

We all know Levy, he won't break the bank to keep Poch.

The worst part is all our key players signed a contract especially long term because they expect Poch to be there for the future.
This could cause a massive domino effect and we could lose all our key players out of the club also.

Man United has got Paul Mitchell who was at Southampton with Poch and then joined us and was the key reason we were bringing in fantastic players at our club and surprise surprise he is now at Manchester United.

Our Youth scout is getting targeted my Man United also, United are really going to take every single thing from us to make there club to perform the way we do.

#86 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 December 2018 - 21:12

Few falsehoods and press bs there mate.

There never was a 100M war chest. Poch's new contract was huge, £8.5M/year. Some people made up a story about him signing because of a supposed budget, but it just wasn't true. He's well aware of the clubs budget, he was disappointed we didn't get business done in the window but has recently said he's as much to blame as Levy. It was as much about squad size as it was money limiting us anyway.

Furthermore Mitchell hasn't been with us for over 2 years and didn't leave on great terms with Poch. It's important to note that when he left Poch got made manager instead of head coach, and we no longer have a DoF. Why would he want to join United more because they'd appointed the DoF we parted ways with?

#87 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 December 2018 - 21:40

Just seen a further example on Spurs FB of just how little the average Spurs fan has been paying attention in the gap between us and the big clubs getting smaller. Too many think it's 10 years ago and we'll bend over whenever United or whoever look in our direction.

They said "Poch will obviously be off because United will triple his salary"

Poch is now the 2nd best paid manager in the league. That's right. He's on more than Sarri, Emery and Klopp. Only Pep and previously Jose were on more. There's no way United could triple his salary. In fact we pay him better than Madrid were paying Zidane, more than Simeone earns at Atletico & etc.

People seem to be under the impression we're still paying our top players and manager peanuts, whereas since we've been taking in bigger TV and CL revenue Levy has been rewarding our key assets. Kane's salary has been rocketing exponentially!

Yes United still have more cash than us but we're not paupers and our manager is extremely well rewarded.

#88 User is offline   Stargazer 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2018 - 22:11

For avoidance of doubt Olly Solskjaer is just the caretaker Manager for Manchester United until Man Utd gun for their chosen Manager with all the temptations ontow. It is realistic to expect that they will approach (if not already unoficially)Poch. We will be getting our new Stadium soon, I don't want to see Spurs next season without Poch in a new Stadium . That would be the worse scenario for all Spurs. Hopefully maybe the position at Man Utd with all the expectations maybe viewed as a poisnous chalice and Poch would be more secure staying at Spurs.

#89 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 22 December 2018 - 09:17

https://www.skysport...d-off-the-pitch

#90 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 22 December 2018 - 10:28

https://www.skysport...nship-with-levy

#91 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 December 2018 - 11:20

Definitely changed my mind on this one because if he had no intention of taking the man utd job he would come out and say so.
I dont think any amount of spurs transfer activity from last summer would persuade him to stay ! its just too big a job to turn down plus you can go toe to toe with clubs like real madrid when it comes to vying for the best players : something he would never get at spurs.

In my opinion we are not talking about £40 mill in compensation because all that does is buy out his contract worth.
For consistent seasons we have earned revenue from champions league participation while poch has been in charge so that would have to go in the melting pot also.
So in the words of poch = tottenham fans "enjoy the moment " he has around 5 months left with us ! is in a cup semi final,3rd in the prem and in the knockout rounds of the cl.
Lets hope he wins something before leaving.

I am resigned to it now and the only faint chance of him being with us august 2019 is if olly soljskaer does a blinding job while in temporary charge.....! but it would have to be an out of this world totally unbeaten for the rest of the season performance by soljskaer.

#92 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 22 December 2018 - 13:31

A more balanced piece from a former ManU player.

https://www.eurospor...102/story.shtml

#93 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 December 2018 - 14:45

View Postaramak, on 22 December 2018 - 13:31, said:

A more balanced piece from a former ManU player.

https://www.eurospor...102/story.shtml

A good opinion from paul parker that i cant argue against

#94 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2018 - 21:11

Ok I've read the posts. Some of you are rightly nervous about losing Poch to desperate Manure. Others are confident he will stay. Here is my question. Poch is on a long term contract correct? With no get out clause. I know these long contracts are in most cases like a chocolate teapot in terms of keeping a player that wants to leave eg Mahrez to City, Van Dijk to Liverpool. But could, would, and should Levy enforce Poch's contract and make him stay? Assuming he went to Levy and said - I want to talk to Manure in the summer?

#95 User is offline   Stargazer 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2018 - 21:52

In an ideal world even if Levy forced Poch legally to stay it does not do any good for all round positive morale of the team. In politics Teresa May voted to stay in Europe yet she is leading the Brexit, it does not seem to be a successful contradiction in interests? I am hoping Man Utd will find someone else or keep OS for good (if he wins every game like he did topay).

#96 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:04

View PostStargazer, on 22 December 2018 - 21:52, said:

In an ideal world even if Levy forced Poch legally to stay it does not do any good for all round positive morale of the team. In politics Teresa May voted to stay in Europe yet she is leading the Brexit, it does not seem to be a successful contradiction in interests? I am hoping Man Utd will find someone else or keep OS for good (if he wins every game like he did topay).

Yes it wouldnt be healthy for the club to force him to stay.

When you look at it realistically the difference between the 2 clubs is massive.

With us and levy he is looking at bargain basement buys and trusting in the youth academy.

At united he can be in for every big name player that becomes available and still have their youth academy products coming through as he does at spurs.

If you had a choice what would you do ?

#97 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2018 - 15:42

https://www.skysport...t-panel-discuss

Many interesting thoughts in this article and surprisingly all the panelists are claiming Poch shouldn't go to United.

This one, I didn't think of, but that's actually true. United would have to spend even more than they can to be at our footballing level.

'Who has got a better first team - Man Utd or Tottenham? What would Man Utd have to pay to sign Tottenham's first team? £1.5bn? Have they got that? No, the club is only worth twice that. The point I'm trying to make is Tottenham under Pochettino are a long way down the line towards winning big trophies.

Manchester United is a huge name, but it is not the biggest football team in Manchester. They may have a bigger GDP but in terms of actual potential to win a trophy this season, they are not even the biggest football team in Manchester.Manchester United is a huge name, but it is not the biggest football team in Manchester. They may have a bigger GDP but in terms of actual potential to win a trophy this season, they are not even the biggest football team in Manchester.'

They are not as attractive employer as some posters seem to believe. The other thing is, Poch would for the starters come to the dressing rooms full of egos and in Pogba's case he was a big part of kicking Mou out of United IMO. Having said that, Poch dealt brilliantly with the problematic dressing room that he took over at Spurs which is well described in his book.

#98 User is offline   Notimelikethepresent 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2018 - 23:41

I think Pochettino, based on tonight's BBC post match interview would struggle to get the depth of trust he has with our players at present anywhere else.

He needs backing by Levy or by whoever controls the club's funds. What that backing means or what it translates to I don't know.

If there are good players out there who want to develop and to be given a chance then we are that team but crucially he is that manager.

A week in which Mourinho gets sacked and all we hear is talk of Pochettino being sought.

We respond by beating Arsenal and demolishing Everton.

Deeds over words.

#99 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2018 - 14:05

I don't think it can be assumed that Poch will get a future offer at RM or Man U. These 2 are often quoted as the 2 biggest clubs in the world. That is debatable but the timing has to be right for both the manager's stock to be very high and them needing you. They are both struggling domestically this season and certainly in Man U case they need rebuilding. If I was in charge of Man U I would want Poch because he can build and be given the financial resources to do so. If he goes to Man U we'll have big problems. Who knows maybe the likes of Eriksen and Toby who are on short contracts would be the first to follow. My gut instinct is that he will go and to Man U not RM. It always happens to Spurs.

#100 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 December 2018 - 14:48

View PostHeisenberg, on 24 December 2018 - 14:05, said:

I don't think it can be assumed that Poch will get a future offer at RM or Man U. These 2 are often quoted as the 2 biggest clubs in the world. That is debatable but the timing has to be right for both the manager's stock to be very high and them needing you. They are both struggling domestically this season and certainly in Man U case they need rebuilding. If I was in charge of Man U I would want Poch because he can build and be given the financial resources to do so. If he goes to Man U we'll have big problems. Who knows maybe the likes of Eriksen and Toby who are on short contracts would be the first to follow. My gut instinct is that he will go and to Man U not RM. It always happens to Spurs.

To a spanish spoken latin player or manager Real Madrid and Barcelona is like the holy grail to them, I just find it funny that some on here are certain he would choose Man utd over the spanish clubs. If Poch left and the Real Madrid and Man utd job is on offer , the sensible betting would be to spain, not only for managing the most prestige club in the world but for family reasons. Real madrid are top of the food chain , if Real made a move on a man utd player or manager like they did to C. Ronaldo nine out of ten times the player would want to go..

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users