• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jamie Carragher Newspaper article. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 25 December 2018 - 07:12

Mr Carragher in his telegraph article write's " Man utd will always be bigger than spurs " finacial and history status wise " thats why pochettino should take the job.
He goes on to say it doesnt matter how big their new stadium is or what they win this season ! spurs will always be prey to a bigger club like united.

My first thoughts on these stupid comments were we may as well all give up then and concede defeat because they have won a lot over the years and they do have a massive stadium that holds 75,000.

This to me is what is wrong about football ! a smaller club starts to show signs of getting a good side and managerial team together and a rich fading giant wants to take that away from them................I hate this side of football because it stinks.

#2 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2018 - 14:01

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 25 December 2018 - 07:12, said:

Mr Carragher in his telegraph article write's " Man utd will always be bigger than spurs " finacial and history status wise " thats why pochettino should take the job.
He goes on to say it doesnt matter how big their new stadium is or what they win this season ! spurs will always be prey to a bigger club like united.

My first thoughts on these stupid comments were we may as well all give up then and concede defeat because they have won a lot over the years and they do have a massive stadium that holds 75,000.

This to me is what is wrong about football ! a smaller club starts to show signs of getting a good side and managerial team together and a rich fading giant wants to take that away from them................I hate this side of football because it stinks.

Carragher is right, and to pretend otherwise would be daft. To be become bigger you have to actually win trophies, and that's why I get annoyed with Spurs supporters who think coming 4th is better than a trophy. Example, it wasn't long ago Chelsea and Man City were the same size club as Fulham. They have both now won loads of trophies, and are now considered massive clubs. We can have a huge stadium, we can finish 2nd/3rd/4th every year, but until we start winning things on a regular basis we will just stand still. We need an owner who is prepared to invest in the squad, and I don't mean like City, I mean like Liverpool. Yes, it's possible we may lose Poch at some time, but that's just reality.

#3 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 December 2018 - 14:44

View Postold spur, on 25 December 2018 - 14:01, said:

Carragher is right, and to pretend otherwise would be daft. To be become bigger you have to actually win trophies, and that's why I get annoyed with Spurs supporters who think coming 4th is better than a trophy. Example, it wasn't long ago Chelsea and Man City were the same size club as Fulham. They have both now won loads of trophies, and are now considered massive clubs. We can have a huge stadium, we can finish 2nd/3rd/4th every year, but until we start winning things on a regular basis we will just stand still. We need an owner who is prepared to invest in the squad, and I don't mean like City, I mean like Liverpool. Yes, it's possible we may lose Poch at some time, but that's just reality.

You cant mount a challenge if other teams start unsettling your players or managerial staff ! and we have had quite a lot of that over the years with several players and a director of football if i remember correctly.

Just look at southampton ! its embarrassing to say we have added to using them as a feeder club with bale and poch but through the unsettling of virgil van dijk by liverpool and subsequent sale to the same club they almost lost their premiership status last season which is worth £100 mill tv rights at least...........!

Because of the massive money from tv rights smaller prem clubs no longer need to sell their best players or lose a succesful manager/coach.

Its only through the media leaking reports that unsettle a player or coach so he turns against the club that made him.

This subtle tapping up by has been fading giants like man utd cant go on.

If they think poch is the only coach worth going for and cant find anyone better for the job then they are just passing that problem on to us for exchange of £40 mill....? If they have such a mega status then why not try for klopp, emery or guadiola ? £40 mill in the world of prem clubs like united is peanuts when you think about it.

As much as i think transfer fees have spiraled out of control i am beginning to believe the prices are justified when it come to the english prem.

My message to man utd would be "go and find your own manager" dont make it a problem for tottenham hotspur.....and he (levy) needs a buy out clause put in pochs contract of £200 mill to cover for potential champions league participation losses.

The most positive thing for spurs fans is that teams like real madrid and man utd are very reluctant to do business with levy because he is mega hard to deal with.

Point to remember is that we find it difficult to sign players from them even if they want them gone.

#4 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 December 2018 - 15:45

He’s literally saying everyone but Man U should give up then? Cool.

I think we are doing all the right things to try and become bigger:

- new stadium
- keeping best players
- summer preseason overseas in USA or Asia
- players like Son will make us more popular in Asia

As big as they supposedly are they haven’t won anything relevant in a few years so who cares about the size of the club if they’re not winning things. They’re below our level at the moment so screw them and carragher lo

#5 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2018 - 13:47

This is a perfect example of how much of a w*** puffin carragher is.
So going by his own logic if United offer klopp the chance to take over as manager kloop should go.
The guy is so stupid he can make me look intelligent.

#6 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2018 - 14:52

View Postwillyid82, on 26 December 2018 - 13:47, said:

This is a perfect example of how much of a w*** puffin carragher is.
So going by his own logic if United offer klopp the chance to take over as manager kloop should go.
The guy is so stupid he can make me look intelligent.

Be fair, he's not that stupid :niceone:

#7 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2018 - 16:27

View Postold spur, on 26 December 2018 - 14:52, said:

Be fair, he's not that stupid :niceone:

You sound like my wife

#8 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2018 - 16:37

Whether we like it or not there is a food chain in football and while Spurs is a huge club we are not as big as United. If they made Poch their number 1 choice he could ask for the same salary they payed Mourinho (15m pa?) and a huge budget to build things. And while United have been s***e since Fergie days it is not as if all their players are rubbish. What could Poch do with the likes of Rashford and Martial? He would rebuild the defence probably with Toby for starters and I reckon he'd have them very competitive within 2 or 3 transfer windows.

The only way this won't end badly for us is if either a) Poch says no not now and stays - I'm not confident this will happen or b) Levy refuses to let Poch go and tries to make him honour his contract.

The bookies have Poch as clear favourite for next Man U permanent manager and this is a significant predictor of the future.

#9 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 29 December 2018 - 02:40

Toby to United is now very interesting lol.

Obviously Poch is playing him but he wasn't happy with how he handled the contract stuff and trying to force his move. Can't see Poch making him his first choice CB signing. If Toby still wants United - he might need to appease Poch somehow if he thinks he's going to be their next permanent manager.

#10 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:53

View PostHeisenberg, on 28 December 2018 - 16:37, said:

Whether we like it or not there is a food chain in football and while Spurs is a huge club we are not as big as United. If they made Poch their number 1 choice he could ask for the same salary they payed Mourinho (15m pa?) and a huge budget to build things.

Cant argue with that fact heisenberg but its only in football where you get this type of mentality ! where one club can go and feed off another by its financial clout/history/kudos......whatever?

Surely that makes the premier league a joke ? because one or two teams can feed off all the others and render them less competitive on the field of play.

You have big rich owners of racehorses that have some years where they have ordinary performers but they dont go and force another (smaller) owner to sell its derby winner to them ?

With the massive tv rights being paid to each premiership club each season smaller clubs dont have to keep selling their best players or let their coach/manager go to someone bigger in name.

Man utd have loads to choose from when it comes to appointing a new coach, past players etc etc, and you also have coaches like wenger who are free to employ without causing a stink with one of its competitors.

Unsettling another clubs coach/manager should be an immediate points deduction.

In my opinion if man utd approach the owners of spurs for the availability of its coaching staff who are under a significant contract in the terms of years and are told "NO" then they should respect that decision and go elsewhere.

The problem with this type of thing today is that the unsettling is all done via the media.

..........and how low and disgusting can a club descend then set up a secret meeting with another clubs (under contract) player like they did berbatov years ago.

#11 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:32

Morally I agree but we do the same thing to smaller clubs.

Not like Pochettino was a free agent when he joined us. Although their chairman said on TV the other day Levy was a consummate professional about it.

#12 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:45

View Posttomtom, on 29 December 2018 - 11:32, said:

Morally I agree but we do the same thing to smaller clubs.

Not like Pochettino was a free agent when he joined us. Although their chairman said on TV the other day Levy was a consummate professional about it.

I think back in those days tom that pochettino was a bit of a gamble ! i dont think he was our first choice coach after avb and sherwood were sacked.

But you have to acknowledge when you talk about big names in football that there is a hierarchy in the prem that do exactly what they want and we do seem to have become part and parcel of this particular pecking order.

Makes the prem look absolutely non competitive apart from 6 of us.

#13 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 December 2018 - 13:40

When we took Poch from Southampton it was a different scenario to what’s being talked about now. porch had a great relationship,with Nicola Cortese and when he left Poch wanted to leave.
Poch now has a great relationship with Levy and if backed in the transfer window he should have no other desire to leave than either higher wages, bigger transfer budget and in the long run possibly more success..

The media,esp,Sky Sports are making this their big mission, trying to,influence Poch’s thinking as it will be massive news for them if he leaves us for them. Appalling!

#14 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:56

View Postgriff, on 29 December 2018 - 13:40, said:

When we took Poch from Southampton it was a different scenario to what’s being talked about now. porch had a great relationship,with Nicola Cortese and when he left Poch wanted to leave.
Poch now has a great relationship with Levy and if backed in the transfer window he should have no other desire to leave than either higher wages, bigger transfer budget and in the long run possibly more success..

The media,esp,Sky Sports are making this their big mission, trying to,influence Poch’s thinking as it will be massive news for them if he leaves us for them. Appalling!

The media did the same thing to Harry Redknapp by making out it was a done deal he was going to get the england job by almost turning it into some sort of witch hunt to get him out of our club.Taxi to Harry Redknapp and the media lol, . If the Real madrid job and the Man utd job was available at summer and Poch wanted to go , My money would be the Real job. Why would Poch choose the Man utd job over real, Real Madrid are top of the food chain, if they want man utd's best players they would get them like they done with Ronaldo and trying to do with de gea. The media want us all to believe they are the greatest club in the world but we all know they are bigger club sides with more appeal then the mess utd are.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users