We are Tottenham,,, super Tottenham,, from lane

#22 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 26 December 2018 - 22:13

View Posthotsauce, on 26 December 2018 - 21:35, said:

We are Tottenham,,, super Tottenham,, from lane

We are in unbelievable form!! SON OMG we will miss you in Jan! Let’s hope city beat Liverpool on the 3rd as we desperately need them to drop some points
COYS GREAT RESULT ON WE GO

Well done KWP today

#23 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:46

View PostSpursDan, on 26 December 2018 - 22:13, said:

We are in unbelievable form!! SON OMG we will miss you in Jan!

FFS ! he plays more for his country than he does for us ! maybe they should pay his wages.

#24 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:24

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 26 December 2018 - 19:01, said:

Interesting we have played 11 away games winning 9.

Actually BB, we have played 19 away games and won 15 of them !

Up until Erikssen's goal yesterdaywe were struggling but once that went in, via a lucky deflection that steadied us and ther was only one winner. KWP had a very good game and I thought Rose was exceptional. Harry Winks is forming a solid partnership withn Sissoko, who is turning into the player we thought we were getting a couple of years ago. I have always been one of his greatest critics but I am so pleased to have been proved wrong.

After my last two match preditions (1-1 draw with Everton and a hard fought 2-1 win against Bournemouth) I am applying for the post of football pundit on The Beano !

#25 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:32

View PostSpursDan, on 26 December 2018 - 22:13, said:

We are in unbelievable form!! SON OMG we will miss you in Jan! Let’s hope city beat Liverpool on the 3rd as we desperately need them to drop some points
COYS GREAT RESULT ON WE GO

Well done KWP today

City are only one point below us , we need both teams to drop points, how about kill two birds with one stone and let them draw.

#26 User is online   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 27 December 2018 - 10:11

View PostSpurs scout, on 27 December 2018 - 08:32, said:

City are only one point below us , we need both teams to drop points, how about kill two birds with one stone and let them draw.

Not that it's up to us but I'd prefer a draw.

People talk a lot about clubs' DNA. Spurs are constantly called bottlers, the whole 3rd in a 2 horse race argument & etc. We were never actually top that season.

In fact in PL history the team top at Xmas have only twice failed to win the league. As worrying as that may sound, on both occasions that team was Liverpool. #Pooly

#27 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 December 2018 - 11:41

View Posttomtom, on 27 December 2018 - 10:11, said:

Not that it's up to us but I'd prefer a draw.

People talk a lot about clubs' DNA. Spurs are constantly called bottlers, the whole 3rd in a 2 horse race argument & etc. We were never actually top that season.

In fact in PL history the team top at Xmas have only twice failed to win the league. As worrying as that may sound, on both occasions that team was Liverpool. #Pooly

I don't think we were never in the race against Leicester city and Chelsea, we were never top and was up against teams that had a cushion and our team was really young at the time and had everyone against us. Our team is maturing, players are developing into world class talents but the media just wants to remind people we are a small club and continue saying we only have eleven players and once Kane gets injured we would struggle tag. I just find it funny that they did not notice we rest players and keep winning and at the same time have Dembele, Wanyama, Dier and Alli out and keep saying once we have a few players out we will struggle.

#28 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 December 2018 - 11:55

Another Christmas cracker

Another clinical performance but not as impressive overall performance as the Everton game thought we gave Bournemouth to many chances but we are now starting g to hit our stride at the best time so onwards & upwards

IMO I think city turning Liverpool over would be more beneficial long term I get it would be good for both to drop points but Liverpool are unbeaten & have by far more momentum than city & that needs the brakes being applied ASAP
Liverpool getting done 2 or 3 nil will burst the bubble end they’re unbeaten run & hopefully start to add some pressure to they’re performances !

We’re in with a shout but only if we come away from anfield & city without a defeat & obviously we can’t afford any slip ups over the next 7-8 games !
Yet again we’ve shown up to the party without an invite
Love this spurs
COYS
Merry Christmas lads

#29 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 December 2018 - 12:21

View PostParklaner, on 27 December 2018 - 11:55, said:

Another clinical performance but not as impressive overall performance as the Everton game thought we gave Bournemouth to many chances but we are now starting g to hit our stride at the best time so onwards & upwards

IMO I think city turning Liverpool over would be more beneficial long term I get it would be good for both to drop points but Liverpool are unbeaten & have by far more momentum than city & that needs the brakes being applied ASAP
Liverpool getting done 2 or 3 nil will burst the bubble end they’re unbeaten run & hopefully start to add some pressure to they’re performances !

We’re in with a shout but only if we come away from anfield & city without a defeat & obviously we can’t afford any slip ups over the next 7-8 games !
Love this spurs
COYS
Merry Christmas lads

Liverpool have a right cheating little turd in that salah.....! not the first time! he has even been told by klopp its something he doesnt like to see.
That rubbish needs cutting out the game.
He should have been booked at least as a warning ! to reward the player a penalty is rubbish refereeing.

Booking them is a warning ! do it again tells them they are off the pitch.
We have this video replay stuff that is designed to stop cheating in football! why isnt it being used ?

As for city ! not the same without fernandinho and De Bruyne isnt firing right now.

#30 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2018 - 16:55

Fantastic result despite never really coming out of 2nd gear, I also think yesterday we witnessed why Howe should not be a contender if the unthinkable did happen.

#31 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 December 2018 - 18:53

View PostParklaner, on 27 December 2018 - 11:55, said:

Love this spurs
COYS
Merry Christmas lads

The thanks goes to Leicester City and Palace, I am just laughing at the media making out that we rely on our first eleven and Man City who is suppose to have strength in depth are struggling because of Fernandino being missing.

#32 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 December 2018 - 20:31

View PostSpurs scout, on 27 December 2018 - 18:53, said:

The thanks goes to Leicester City and Palace, I am just laughing at the media making out that we rely on our first eleven and Man City who is suppose to have strength in depth are struggling because of Fernandino being missing.

I know mate they seem to be ignoring the fact that we’ve had nothing less than crisis regarding injuries for pretty much the entire season !
Dembele vertonghen dier dele aurier tripper all currently missing & that’s just at the moment it’s been worse than this throughout the season which just shows what a remarkable job poch is doing especially when you add the fact of pretty much no preseason no transfers & no stadium!

#33 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:45

we can cope with injuries anywhere on the park apart from an injury to Harry Kane. I know that Son will try and step up to the plate but what if Harry gets injured when Sonny is off at the tournament. It leaves us with Llorente - i cant help thinking that Levy's transfer strategy, or lack of, over the last 2 or three windows, is going to cost us and could leave us without a trophy, a manager and a number of influential players.

Sorry to make such a downer of a prediction and hopefully my thoughts are about as accurate as my final score predictions

HAppy New Year one and all

#34 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 December 2018 - 17:34

View PostSteveB, on 28 December 2018 - 08:45, said:

we can cope with injuries anywhere on the park apart from an injury to Harry Kane. I know that Son will try and step up to the plate but what if Harry gets injured when Sonny is off at the tournament. It leaves us with Llorente - i cant help thinking that Levy's transfer strategy, or lack of, over the last 2 or three windows, is going to cost us and could leave us without a trophy, a manager and a number of influential players.

Sorry to make such a downer of a prediction and hopefully my thoughts are about as accurate as my final score predictions

HAppy New Year one and all

Kane has got injured last 2 season and we did nt lose a game better still we looked better without him,, not nice to hear but it's the truth.. We can cope without anyone now, this team just keep on stepping up,

#35 User is online   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:12

Hotsauce in fairness that was with Son playing up top. The point that if we don't have Kane or Son what happens is interesting.

Personally I think we have enough to cope without both if we must. A front 3 with a false 9 that involves Lamela, Dele and Lucas with Eriksen playing in a 3 behind has pace, physicality, creativity and goals in it.

Furthermore if called upon Llorente will still occupy defenders and create space for our more dynamic AMs to play.

Any team in the world would be weaker without son and Kane available but I don't think it would be as much of a crisis as it would appear on paper.

#36 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:30

word on the street is that Llorente is off to Turkey in January

#37 User is online   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:30

I've heard the same rumour. Would surprise me if we let him and Son go but maybe Poch thinks we're fine without

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users