• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dembele or Sissoko? Might we play both? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:56

A LONG time back I did a thread on Sissoko saying we should give the guy a break. It got a mixed reaction and then later, when Sissoko made a mistake in a couple of games I thought we should sell him like most of you on this forum. I'd just about had enough.

Frankly though, this guy has now earned my RESPECT. He has never let his head drop even though he was never a fans favourite, has worked hard, never once whined and moaned, and just got on with playing. He even played at right wing back for Poch. It's not easy for a guy to perform when the fans are all against him but Sissoko has turned the situation around.

It's true his finishing leaves a lot to be desired but then Dembo, one of my favourite players, has never been exactly lethal in the final third and many pundits have mentioned this. Considering his undoubted skill he should get on the score sheet more often than he does they all crow.

When Dembele is fit which one would I play? Frankly, I don't know. Many would say that when Eriksen, Son, Dele, and Harry are on form the front four picks themselves. I'm wondering whether a COMBINATION of Dembo and Sissoko behind them could be the key? What do you think? I know that might be a bit hard on Dier and Winks but Poch will always rotate whatever the line-up.

Certainly Sissoko's speed and power are taking the eye in midfield and frankly, the guy is working his socks off. If we're in a BIG cup game against City, Liverpool, Chelsea and the like I'm wondering if Dembo and Sissoko could be the answer. What are your thoughts?

#2 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:37

Goods post and I agree with you. I would play both of them and they would be a nightmare for any team due to their strength but while Dembele can go past players for fun I can't believe I'm writing this but Sissoko has a better final 3rd pass. Wow! I just wrote that.

#3 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2018 - 14:32

Difficult one. No doubt Dembele at his best is better than Sissoko at his best. I think it is all about form, and how good they look in training. I think I will leave it to Poch, and if he rings me for advice, I will just shirk the question

#4 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2018 - 15:34

we have played in the past with Dembele and Wanyama, i dont see why we cannot do likewise with the two Moussa's

#5 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 29 December 2018 - 02:38

Sad to say I think Dembo is all but done with us.

His motm performances have become sporadic and the injuries more common.

He's sort of like King was near the very end, but the difference is in Sissoko we have an adequate replacement. I'd still want a long term box to box player but Sissoko is playing that role well, along with DM when necessary.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users