Tranmere Vs Spurs

#61 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Trevor Brooking

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:50

View Posttomtom, on 05 January 2019 - 00:17, said:

His passing was spot on. But he thought about it too much. Got caught out from their pressing and they're not exactly Barca or Liverpool

I agree that he isn't ready for the big time, I wouldn't expect him to be in his position in the middle of the park. He's years off tbh, but he proved he's capable in an emergency and the stand out is his attitude. Cleary has a desire to make the grade and plays well beyond his 18 yrs. Needs to fill out a little more and would benefit from a season in the championship tbh. Great prospect but he's got a couple more years of hard work ahead of him. Just prey he doesn't go the way of Onamah, I think he's a busier player in terms of his play and similar to Winks.

#62 User is online   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 05 January 2019 - 13:39

View PostYidio Yidio, on 05 January 2019 - 10:50, said:

I agree that he isn't ready for the big time, I wouldn't expect him to be in his position in the middle of the park. He's years off tbh, but he proved he's capable in an emergency and the stand out is his attitude. Cleary has a desire to make the grade and plays well beyond his 18 yrs. Needs to fill out a little more and would benefit from a season in the championship tbh. Great prospect but he's got a couple more years of hard work ahead of him. Just prey he doesn't go the way of Onamah, I think he's a busier player in terms of his play and similar to Winks.

I think he is a better prospect then Winks, he can spot a pass is not afraid to do risky through balls and his defensive game is not too shabby.

#63 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 January 2019 - 13:51

View PostSpurs scout, on 05 January 2019 - 13:39, said:

I think he is a better prospect then Winks, he can spot a pass is not afraid to do risky through balls and his defensive game is not too shabby.

I think this is what Tom was alluding to, Winks has done it against Top teams. Young Skipp didn't start going forwards until we were comfortable against Tranmere. I don't want to get into a Skipp V Winks debate, I like Winks and I'm excited about Skipp's Future

#64 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2019 - 14:32

Anyone seen the s*** rodney marsh is getting for calling us classless?

#65 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 January 2019 - 00:53

View Postwillyid82, on 05 January 2019 - 14:32, said:

Anyone seen the s*** rodney marsh is getting for calling us classless?

He's getting pelters for it from everyone. He's irrelevant, just trying to be a shock jock.

#66 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 January 2019 - 00:56

View PostYidio Yidio, on 05 January 2019 - 13:51, said:

I think this is what Tom was alluding to, Winks has done it against Top teams. Young Skipp didn't start going forwards until we were comfortable against Tranmere. I don't want to get into a Skipp V Winks debate, I like Winks and I'm excited about Skipp's Future

Winks was famed for his forward passing at youth level. This season he's been playing it much safer, I think at least partially because he's having to play a more defensive role. I reckon his instruction is pass to Sissoko to drive or Eriksen to pass forward, whatever you do - keep the ball. If you lose it it's your job to win it back, Dier and Wanyama aren't here to help. It's a shame because he's got a real eye for a pass on past evidence.

#67 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:30

View Posttomtom, on 06 January 2019 - 00:56, said:

Winks was famed for his forward passing at youth level. This season he's been playing it much safer, I think at least partially because he's having to play a more defensive role. I reckon his instruction is pass to Sissoko to drive or Eriksen to pass forward, whatever you do - keep the ball. If you lose it it's your job to win it back, Dier and Wanyama aren't here to help. It's a shame because he's got a real eye for a pass on past evidence.

It's actually a bit of a concern, young Skipp kept it relatively simple until we were comfortable and I agree, we see less of Winks playing forwards the more we see of him. I also put Tom Carroll in the same bracket, when he was young and arrived on the scene he was trying ambitious passing, but it's almost drummed out of them. I sort of get it because retaining the ball is still the best way to dominate a game and conserve energy and it's like serving some sort of apprenticeship, but it worries me that we churn out similar players in this position. Mason and Bentaleb were similar as well.

When you consider that we seem to ditch the more unpolished flair players like Edwards and Tarabtt, you do wonder if we're knocking the impulse and flair out of them all together with the strict guidelines of what you need to do to make it.

Will we ever see a skillfull player who plays close to the edge ever again ?

#68 User is online   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:05

View PostYidio Yidio, on 05 January 2019 - 13:51, said:

Winks has done it at youth level but we all know youth level does not indicate your going to end up a top player, Since Winks has made his premier league debut I have never seen Winks play passes that hurt the opposition, I have seen him pass forward before his injury but not defensive splitting passes or passes that open teams up and he needs to add scoring goals and getting assists to add to his game or he would just end up as just a tidy player on the ball who is only capable of controlling the pace and flow of the game.

#69 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2019 - 13:20

The magic of the FA cup. Hmmmm thrashing a minnow 7-0 hardly an advert for the romance of old big ears. Imagine if Kane got injured coming on to 'entertain' a league 2 scouse crowd when we were 6 nil up!! Baffling from Poch.

#70 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2019 - 19:11

View Posttomtom, on 06 January 2019 - 00:53, said:

He's getting pelters for it from everyone. He's irrelevant, just trying to be a shock jock.

You seen what the daft p***k has posted today ? He has dug one big hole

#71 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 January 2019 - 20:13

Is anyone else getting our FA Cup 2019 DVD,

Apparently it's going to be called "The Glory Glory Day"

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First