Planet Spurs Forums: Oliver Skipp - Planet Spurs Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Oliver Skipp

#1 User is offline   SteveB 

  • Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 396
  • Joined: 27-February 17

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:18

seen him a couple of times now. Whilst by no means the finished article he certainly shows promise.

He is the sort of player who would certainly benefit from a half season out on loan to a side like Watford, Bournemouth or Everton. As things stand, he is unlikely to get much game time at Spurs at the moment
0

#2 User is offline   Spurs scout 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,696
  • Joined: 25-November 14

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:38

View PostSteveB, on 06 January 2019 - 09:18, said:

seen him a couple of times now. Whilst by no means the finished article he certainly shows promise.

He is the sort of player who would certainly benefit from a half season out on loan to a side like Watford, Bournemouth or Everton. As things stand, he is unlikely to get much game time at Spurs at the moment

The reason Poch keeps players like KWP , winks, Foyth and at the time Onamah and Carter Vickers around is because he does not trust other coaches coaching and he thinks for there development it is best if they stick around and learn from him and learn how to play in the team philosophy . I notice that the players he does send out on loan has no real future at our club and disappear.
0

#3 User is offline   Silver 

  • Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 517
  • Joined: 28-July 17

Posted 06 January 2019 - 15:06

View PostSteveB, on 06 January 2019 - 09:18, said:

seen him a couple of times now. Whilst by no means the finished article he certainly shows promise.

He is the sort of player who would certainly benefit from a half season out on loan to a side like Watford, Bournemouth or Everton. As things stand, he is unlikely to get much game time at Spurs at the moment


I doubt he'd be regular in any of the teams you mentioned. IMO best for his development is he stays and plays some cameos in the league + starts in the cup games (apart fom Carabao Cup because we're far in the competition and fighting for the trophy). Maybe occasional start against weaker opposition in the league like when we played Burnley.

Also, in most of the teams you mentioned he would mainly play counter-attacking football, whilst at Spurs we're usually forced to play positional atttack against deep-sitting teams and try finding gaps in packed defences. He'd better stay with us and learn what will really be required of him when he steps up to the regular first-team role rather than going to the team playing completely different style of football.
0

#4 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 7,584
  • Joined: 30-May 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:04

View PostSpurs scout, on 06 January 2019 - 09:38, said:

The reason Poch keeps players like KWP , winks, Foyth and at the time Onamah and Carter Vickers around is because he does not trust other coaches coaching and he thinks for there development it is best if they stick around and learn from him and learn how to play in the team philosophy . I notice that the players he does send out on loan has no real future at our club and disappear.


Great observation
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26
0

#5 User is offline   griff 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,070
  • Joined: 14-October 15

Posted 07 January 2019 - 18:17

View PostSpurs scout, on 06 January 2019 - 09:38, said:

The reason Poch keeps players like KWP , winks, Foyth and at the time Onamah and Carter Vickers around is because he does not trust other coaches coaching and he thinks for there development it is best if they stick around and learn from him and learn how to play in the team philosophy . I notice that the players he does send out on loan has no real future at our club and disappear.




Itís taking Carter-Vickers a h ell of a long time to disappear.
0

#6 User is offline   Spurs scout 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,696
  • Joined: 25-November 14

Posted 07 January 2019 - 19:18

View Postgriff, on 07 January 2019 - 18:17, said:

It’s taking Carter-Vickers a h ell of a long time to disappear.

You can say the same thing about Onomah , Nkoudou , Clinton and Jansen, once poch sends them out on loan they are pushed out of his plans.
0

#7 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 7,915
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Female
  • Interests:None

Posted 07 January 2019 - 19:21

View Postgriff, on 07 January 2019 - 18:17, said:

Itís taking Carter-Vickers a h ell of a long time to disappear.



Signed a new deal this year as well :lmao:


We only ever loaned out flops or young talent before, we have a bigger squad and are more competitive under Poch, plus, our academy is turning out better levels of player. We also require a better level to stay involved in the squad. I can name a few we had over the years that in todays squad would be loaned out. We are in an era where we will see players run down a contract rather than step down mostly because transfer fees are to high and Levy won't often sell for a loss.


We could do better with who we loan where, with hindsight, N'koudou going to Dyche was hilarious
0

#8 User is offline   tomtom 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 9,811
  • Joined: 18-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 January 2019 - 23:32

Poch has said he's changed his policy on loans. If players have been training under him for a season or two and find their first team appearances blocked by too many senior players he's happy for them to go on loan to try and get more minutes for the next stage of their progression.

It doesn't mean onomah and CCV have no future, although I suspect neither will make the first team proper with us on current trajectory.
0

#9 User is offline   Spurs scout 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,696
  • Joined: 25-November 14

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:57

View Posttomtom, on 07 January 2019 - 23:32, said:

Poch has said he's changed his policy on loans. If players have been training under him for a season or two and find their first team appearances blocked by too many senior players he's happy for them to go on loan to try and get more minutes for the next stage of their progression.

It doesn't mean onomah and CCV have no future, although I suspect neither will make the first team proper with us on current trajectory.

we have to see on that one.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users