• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Game vs Newcastle Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 06 January 2019 - 17:54

Does anybody know if this will be at Wembley or at the new stadium ? After all it is less than a month away

The game vs United is definitely at Wembley, at least thats what my ticket says. Surely we cant be opening the new stadium with a home game against Watford on a Wednesday night

#2 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 January 2019 - 18:00

We're expecting official word tomorrow.

The sun reporting it's expected to be March although club are hoping sooner.

March is my educated guess also.

#3 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 06 January 2019 - 18:34

Yep, quite a few saying March, but nothing official yet.

#4 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 January 2019 - 20:53

This is so ridiculous. It was August, then September, then October, etc etc.

At what point do we just say next season?

Is it even a good idea to start playing in the new stadium past the middle of a season? The boys will be as unfamiliar to it as the opposition. I think we should just hold our hands up and admit we f***ed it and start fresh next August.

Although I suspect Levy will have financial reasons to get us in ASAP but from footballing terms we should just stick it out in Wembley.

#5 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 January 2019 - 21:26

Our away form is pretty good this season so hoping a change of home venue won't faze us much. Plus the crowd should be buoyed by it.

It is ridiculous but in fairness to the club they haven't once said a date since the first time it got pushed, all the dates have been leaks or press bs. Even now March is just based on an estimate of how long it'll take to sort out the test events and whatnot. I'm still hoping it's sooner.

#6 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 January 2019 - 00:43

View PostChrisPienaar, on 06 January 2019 - 20:53, said:

Is it even a good idea to start playing in the new stadium past the middle of a season? The boys will be as unfamiliar to it as the opposition. I think we should just hold our hands up and admit we f***ed it and start fresh next August.

Although I suspect Levy will have financial reasons to get us in ASAP but from footballing terms we should just stick it out in Wembley.

Some reports are blaming the stadium delays and added costs on spurs zilch transfer activity ?

I read somewhere it costs spurs £350.000 per game at wembley , so i think levy should get us in the new stadium asap simply for financial reasons.

#7 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:56

It's a lot more than 350k. We paid 15M last season and would be a premium this season I'd imagine as we didn't arrange so many games up front.

#8 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:50

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 07 January 2019 - 00:43, said:

Some reports are blaming the stadium delays and added costs on spurs zilch transfer activity ?

I read somewhere it costs spurs £350.000 per game at wembley , so i think levy should get us in the new stadium asap simply for financial reasons.

Weíve lost profits on food and drink also. However, surely our average gate receipts from attendances at Wembley are much higher than 36,000 at the Lane.

#9 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:20

View Postgriff, on 07 January 2019 - 06:50, said:

We’ve lost profits on food and drink also. However, surely our average gate receipts from attendances at Wembley are much higher than 36,000 at the Lane.

Probably griff ! i lose track of it all to be honest.

Tom reckons £15 mill for a season at wembley ! that for a start is something we didnt have at whl.

Remember there are attendance restrictions in place at wembley now ! think i read it was down to locals complaining.

I try not to put down stuff i read as gospel these days because you read contrary articles elsewhere, but the most importance thing is to get back to our own stadium asap.

I think we should look at how the gooners operated soon after their new stadium was operational.

As i remember it took then a few years to recover financially especially when it came to incoming transfers.
Cant see why we should be any different really.

One thing is for certain though ! you can see why levy went for the OS option ?

Its a joke that karren brady moans at extra charges the spams get from the OS.

£2.5 mill per year............FFS.

#10 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 January 2019 - 13:20

Why are we incurring costs and not the construction company or whoever is at fault? Surely Levy is fining them for the delay?

I seem to recall when Wembley was delayed the company resonsible was charged something like £1m for every day it was delayed. At that rate well have the stadium paid for before playing a game there :lmao:

It's just such mess and it seems it would only happen to us. How do we get ourselves into these situations :huh:

#11 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 January 2019 - 13:31

Delays are more common than projects of this size being delivered on time. Definitely doesn't just happen to us.

I'd imagine we'll be seeking some compensation from whoever is deemed ultimately responsible for the wiring f*** up but that won't happen til after we've got them to deliver the stadium.

Be interesting how it plays out.

#12 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2019 - 17:43

View PostChrisPienaar, on 06 January 2019 - 20:53, said:

It isn't about what would be a fitting game, it's about money. We will play the first game at the new stadium ASAP. If you think sticking it out at Wembley is a good idea, I can only presume you don't actually attend games at Wembley, because it's horrible, and I mean really horrible !!

#13 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2019 - 20:45

View Postold spur, on 07 January 2019 - 17:43, said:

It isn't about what would be a fitting game, it's about money. We will play the first game at the new stadium ASAP. If you think sticking it out at Wembley is a good idea, I can only presume you don't actually attend games at Wembley, because it's horrible, and I mean really horrible !!

Maybe i am in a minority but i like going to Wembley. Damn site asier to get to, gor me, than White Hart Lane ever was

#14 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 January 2019 - 23:30

Think you are in a minority. Sure transport might be better for you but the atmosphere was poor when the fans were still going, now at least half our games are very poorly attended compared to capacity. Be interesting to see how the Chelsea game is tomorrow and United on Sunday.

One chap on the planet spurs Instagram said the new stadium won't be as good as Wembley but I'm not sure what he was smoking tbh.

#15 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:52

I guess we can assume that the Newcastle game on 2nd Feb will take place at Wembley. Does anybody know when ticketing details will be published ?

#16 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:24

View Postold spur, on 07 January 2019 - 17:43, said:

I havenít said itís ideal to stick it out at Wembley but the situation is such a joke. Only been to one game this season and it was the loss to wolves. The atmosphere was terrible and I agree we should move in to the new stadium as soon as we can it just seems there are delays after delays and the uncertainty of it all must affect people at the club. At what point does it not make sense to move into the new stadium? With 5 home games left? 2? 1? I am very much hoping we move in ASAP too.

#17 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:07

Next 3 games confirmed as Wembley.

#18 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:59

Have finally found the info that I was looking for :-

Ticket prices for all three fixtures will be at Category C level pricing from the 2017/18 season. All three of these games will be on sale at the same time with sale dates detailed below, with the Wembley Stadium capacities for each fixture capped at 51,000.

Season Ticket Holders who held a Season Ticket for the 2017/18 season will have the opportunity to purchase the same seat they had last season for all three matches between 10am on Wednesday 16 January and 5pm on Thursday 17 January.

All new Season Ticket Holders who did not have a Season Ticket for the 2017/18 season and any Season Ticket Holders from the first sales phase who did not purchase during their priority window will be able to purchase from available seats from 10am on Friday 18 January.

During the above two sales periods, no booking fees will apply to Season Ticket Holders who purchase a ticket.

Tickets will become available to One Hotspur + members from 10am on Monday 21 January.

Tickets will become available to One Hotspur members from 10am on Wednesday 23 January.

Tickets will become available on Guest Sale from 10am on Thursday 24 January, where members will be entitled to purchase up to four tickets.

Tickets will become available on General Sale from 10am on Friday 25 January (up to six per transaction).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users