Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:30

Original pirate material.

#43 User is online   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 11 January 2019 - 13:36

View Postold spur, on 11 January 2019 - 12:14, said:

If Steve thinks he is going to find a more serious site, he has something coming. A far bigger problem than racism is people being over sensitive, and perhaps Steve should realise this. Honestly, I don't think he would last long in my ,local

And you think that people being oversensitive in you opinion, is a bigger problem than racism. If that is the opinion that pervades in your local I am rather pleased that we do not drink together

#44 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2019 - 14:13

View PostSteveB, on 11 January 2019 - 13:36, said:

And you think that people being oversensitive in you opinion, is a bigger problem than racism. If that is the opinion that pervades in your local I am rather pleased that we do not drink together

As it happens, that is exactly what I think. I believe that over sensitivity in our present society is a massive problem, whether it be black people, Jewish people, women with a chip on their shoulder, or people from the LGBT community. Have you heard the term "water running of a ducks back"? If everyone could just do that we could all get on a lot better. I don't know if you have read all my posts on this subject, but my best friend is Anglo Indian. The banter is horrendous from both sides, and rarely anything PC is mumbled from either of our lips. The fact we do this makes us such good friends. If everyone grew a back bone, and society stopped telling us how to behave, and who we should like, I think we would actually get on better.

#45 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2019 - 14:20

View Postold spur, on 11 January 2019 - 14:13, said:

As it happens, that is exactly what I think. I believe that over sensitivity in our present society is a massive problem, whether it be black people, Jewish people, women with a chip on their shoulder, or people from the LGBT community. Have you heard the term "water running of a ducks back"? If everyone could just do that we could all get on a lot better. I don't know if you have read all my posts on this subject, but my best friend is Anglo Indian. The banter is horrendous from both sides, and rarely anything PC is mumbled from either of our lips. The fact we do this makes us such good friends. If everyone grew a back bone, and society stopped telling us how to behave, and who we should like, I think we would actually get on better.

Well my advice is that we should all put the state of the planet on the back burner and keep on waffling on about non essentials.

Dont worry we can just get a rocket and fly off to mars when we have fcked this planet up but at least we will have broached the subject of racism and being oversensitive .LOL.

#46 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 14 January 2019 - 18:05

back on topic... One of our fans has been reported to the club for racially abusing Son during the match.

I heard a bloke on the walk to Wembley shouting "Sonny" at every Asian fan he could see.

I'd personally like these people to f*** off out the club.

#47 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2019 - 18:10

View Posttomtom, on 14 January 2019 - 18:05, said:

back on topic... One of our fans has been reported to the club for racially abusing Son during the match.

I heard a bloke on the walk to Wembley shouting "Sonny" at every Asian fan he could see.

I'd personally like these people to f*** off out the club.

Think about what you wrote, and ask yourself if it is really that offensive. Presuming you are white and male, would you really be offended if a Korean person shouted at you "Kane". I very much suspect it wouldn't bother you, as it wouldn't bother me. Again, people being over sensitive, and even worse, getting offended on someone else's behalf.

My best mate is Indian, he jokingly says "all white people look the same". As yet, I haven't found anyone who has been upset by this comment, and generally laugh their socks off.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users