• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Fulham away

#81 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 20 January 2019 - 17:55

That result has papered over the cracks, DID ANY ONE SEE LlORENTE, HE HAS BEEN MISSING IN THE SECOND HALF AND WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT HS SAFETY.

#82 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 20 January 2019 - 17:55

View PostArmchairSpurs, on 20 January 2019 - 17:53, said:

Two tonic waters and a small Toblerone as a bonus...

Yes, I guess Hugo got there first. Who by the way pulled off a few decent ones first half

#83 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 January 2019 - 17:56

We still need a signing and even more now if alli is out for some time. We are f***ed. Was thinking we may play delii as a false 9 against Chelsea but that might be out the window now.

#84 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 January 2019 - 17:56

View PostSpurs scout, on 20 January 2019 - 17:55, said:

That result has papered over the cracks, DID ANY ONE SEE LlORENTE, HE HAS BEEN MISSING IN THE SECOND HALF AND WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT HS SAFETY.

OH, don't celebrate to much

#85 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 January 2019 - 17:59

Well done to GKN, came on and started crossing the freaking ball. Why was he the only one doing that?

#86 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2019 - 18:01

WINKSYYYYYY AND GKN THE HEROES! Who would have thought it?!?! COYSSSSSS

F*uck know howís we will get past Chelsea on Thursday lol

#87 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 20 January 2019 - 18:04

What a cross

#88 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 January 2019 - 18:04

View PostSpursDan, on 20 January 2019 - 18:01, said:

WINKSYYYYYY AND GKN THE HEROES! Who would have thought it?!?! COYSSSSSS

F*uck know howís we will get past Chelsea on Thursday lol

simple, we'll play a 5-5-0 because Chavs can't score

#89 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 20 January 2019 - 18:05

View PostSpurs scout, on 20 January 2019 - 17:55, said:

More worried about trippier , well off the boil.

#90 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 20 January 2019 - 18:14

Llorente has hardly played for over a season. I'll allow him some rustiness. He got himself about (too much for their first). He'll get sharper.

Dele injury is a big worry. Guessing N'Koudou or Skipp start Vs Chelsea.

#91 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 January 2019 - 18:20

View Posttomtom, on 20 January 2019 - 18:14, said:

Llorente has hardly played for over a season. I'll allow him some rustiness. He got himself about (too much for their first). He'll get sharper.

Heís 34 next month. I donít think heíll have a game as bad as that one but I donít think heíll be someone that we can rely on for goals. Heís too slow for starters which means our pressing game suffers overall. He couldnít even win flick ins today and thatís what heís in there for.
This is the second worst team in the league and weíve snatched a win. I canít imagine what h*ll do against tougher opposition. It seems we may have no choice though because if alli is out then he will start. For our sakes I hope he puts this match behind him.

#92 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 January 2019 - 18:23

View Posttomtom, on 20 January 2019 - 18:14, said:

lol Llorente is not the answer, he is 33 years old does not have pace and the hold up play, we have to go out and at least look for some quality loan players , we are down to the bare bones and with Alli injured I don't no where the goals are going to come from . The fact that we relied on a player who has two goals in 57 appearances to score for us is a worry. We have enough points to stay up, Tom have you written the season off in the hope that Llorente comes good.

#93 User is offline   JRB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Dedicated Spurs Supporter since 1950!

Posted 20 January 2019 - 18:44

I sometimes wonder if Poch watches the same game as me ! He has just said "i'm so happy with Llorente his performance was very good"! OK you have to support your players, but he could have said .e.g. "It's difficult for him playing so few games but I'm confident he will get better with more games", or words to that effect. But don't treat the supporters with contempt . Llorente was nowhere near "very good", he was rubbish!

#94 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 January 2019 - 18:49

View PostJRB, on 20 January 2019 - 18:44, said:

I sometimes wonder if Poch watches the same game as me ! He has just said "i'm so happy with Llorente his performance was very good"! OK you have to support your players, but he could have said .e.g. "It's difficult for him playing so few games but I'm confident he will get better with more games", or words to that effect. But don't treat the supporters with contempt . Llorente was nowhere near "very good", he was rubbish!

To be fair they was some poor performances from some players, Lamela was also shocking today, he has to step up now that Alli is out for whatever weeks he is out for.

#95 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 20 January 2019 - 18:50

View PostNotimelikethepresent, on 20 January 2019 - 14:58, said:

I think the next 7 days are down to the players.

How much do they want to be successful. How much do they want to prove they can get through games like this without 4 of our more influential players of recent times. How much does the club mean to them as a collective.†

I will be looking at who takes responsibility. Who stands up. Who leads from the front.

At such times the answers to why we fall short are either evidenced clearly or begin to put to the side.

Those who see easy win I hope you are right. If like me you see a hard hard game that we could easily lose† then hope you are wrong.

Winks,dele, Eriksen, GKN took the responsibility mate

#96 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 20 January 2019 - 19:04

View PostSpurs scout, on 20 January 2019 - 18:23, said:

lol Llorente is not the answer, he is 33 years old does not have pace and the hold up play, we have to go out and at least look for some quality loan players , we are down to the bare bones and with Alli injured I don't no where the goals are going to come from . The fact that we relied on a player who has two goals in 57 appearances to score for us is a worry. We have enough points to stay up, Tom have you written the season off in the hope that Llorente comes good.

Llorente gets a tough time because he not only isn't Kane he can't play the same role.
There is no point asking llorente to play intricate football in tight spaces or get in behind, also Kane loves to be isolated with a defender llorente doesn't.
Should have burried the header but I'm with Tom and put it down to lack of sharpness.
Play to his strengths or play someone else imo.

#97 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 January 2019 - 19:16

View Postwillyid82, on 20 January 2019 - 19:04, said:

Llorente gets a tough time because he not only isn't Kane he can't play the same role.
There is no point asking llorente to play intricate football in tight spaces or get in behind, also Kane loves to be isolated with a defender llorente doesn't.
Should have burried the header but I'm with Tom and put it down to lack of sharpness.
Play to his strengths or play someone else imo.

Yes true but he did look sharp and confident against Tranmere, I think it was more to do with a lack of confidence , he felt the pressure tonight knowing that he had to step up in Kanes absence. The question is do Poch persist with him knowing that every game we play for a few months is a must win.

#98 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 20 January 2019 - 19:37

The own goal was a howler and it got in his head. Hopefully as we won anyway he'll see it's not the end of the world to make a mistake and get his head up now.

He could/should have scored twice. He has to do better and he'll know that, Poch's public support might help too.

Our crossing could have been much better and if we were more clinical we could have got 4 goals from crosses.

#99 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 January 2019 - 20:41

View Posttomtom, on 20 January 2019 - 19:37, said:

The own goal was a howler and it got in his head. Hopefully as we won anyway he'll see it's not the end of the world to make a mistake and get his head up now.

He could/should have scored twice. He has to do better and he'll know that, Poch's public support might help too.

Our crossing could have been much better and if we were more clinical we could have got 4 goals from crosses.

It was a combination of poor service , lack of pace and movement up front . We should not forget this Fulham side has the worst defence in the league and at times our team struggled to make head way . What has happened to Trippier he has been poor this season way below his normal standards and Lamela needs to step up he was shocking today.

#100 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 20 January 2019 - 21:24

Spurs struggled against a Team which 19th on the table.

I can't see Spurs beating Chelsea in the Caraboa Cup, Crystal Palace in the FA Cup and Dortmund in the Champions League without Harry Kane.

SPURS was really poor today.
Very disappointed as there were not enough decent crosses in the box and the Old Llorente was just useless.
Ericksen and Lamela were quite disappointing today.

Hope Harry Kane get well soon and with Sissoko, Dier and Wanyama back we can still finish 4th to quality for the Champions League.

Levy is not buying any players for sure.
Poch need to use the players he has.
Hope NKoudou can provide Spurs with pace upfront along Moura.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users