• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:49

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 09 February 2019 - 10:31, said:

Which attacker are you prepared to swap for him

eriksen alli son lamela moura
Don't forget winks can play on 10 as well

Wouldn't swap anyone for him

Some on here wont dispute any decision made by poch or levy which shows lack of a personal opinion.....! they just defend their decisions and go with the flow......!

Pochettino outed townsend over one outburst with his trainer (of all things)

Pochettino is of course not given to criticism of his subs during a game which are largely non effective in rescuing any game we are losing.

I have read articles where claims are made for pochettino being flexible on his formations and if you look how he lines his teams up over a season then there is plenty of truth in that claim.

If you believe the above then you should believe there was a place for such a player like townsend in pochs diversified line ups.
However i believe he would be most effective last 20-30 mins of a game when defenders are tiring and are pitted against someone with a bit of speed, trickery and with a good powerful shot as an end product.

If i had a choice of moura or lamela off the bench i would rather have townsend. :cheers:

#22 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 09 February 2019 - 14:31

I don't actually rate Zaha as much as most, so naturally I'm not to concerned about Townsend.

I have a mate who is Palace, he doesn't mind Townsend, but said his tracking back was suspect in his first few seasons. He and pretty much all the Palace fans can't stick Benteke, someone we were heavily rumoured to be in for.

#23 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 February 2019 - 21:35

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 09 February 2019 - 11:49, said:

Some on here wont dispute any decision made by poch or levy which shows lack of a personal opinion.....! they just defend their decisions and go with the flow......!

Pochettino outed townsend over one outburst with his trainer (of all things)

Pochettino is of course not given to criticism of his subs during a game which are largely non effective in rescuing any game we are losing.

I have read articles where claims are made for pochettino being flexible on his formations and if you look how he lines his teams up over a season then there is plenty of truth in that claim.

If you believe the above then you should believe there was a place for such a player like townsend in pochs diversified line ups.
However i believe he would be most effective last 20-30 mins of a game when defenders are tiring and are pitted against someone with a bit of speed, trickery and with a good powerful shot as an end product.

If i had a choice of moura or lamela off the bench i would rather have townsend. :cheers:

So me saying I'd rather have our current squad players over townsend is a lack of personal opinion ? I don't say we can't improve and I think lamela should be sold and rotated for a new option , but Andros is not an option if you want to play top of PL and CL. Rather have a gamble and buy bergwijn from psv or sancho from Dortmund.

#24 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 13 February 2019 - 23:05

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 13 February 2019 - 21:35, said:

So me saying I'd rather have our current squad players over townsend is a lack of personal opinion ? I don't say we can't improve and I think lamela should be sold and rotated for a new option , but Andros is not an option if you want to play top of PL and CL. Rather have a gamble and buy bergwijn from psv or sancho from Dortmund.

I didnt name anyone ! i just said some on here defend poch & levys decisions with aplomb.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users