Planet Spurs Forums: Not Very Professional at Man Utd. - Planet Spurs Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Not Very Professional at Man Utd. The worse side of football players.

#1 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Posted 09 February 2019 - 15:18

Professional footballers of any calibre demand massive wages from the club they play for.

At all times they should be (professional) put aside personal differences and dislikes and put in a shift for the club who pay their inflated wages.

As much as Mourinho isnt universally liked isnt the point. .....! the players of manchester utd werent playing for him and as such eventually got him the sack.

Since the very (likeable and genial ) olly solskjaer took over they have decided to put in a shift for the bloke and gone on an unbeaten run belying the cr@p they played for mourinho.

This to me makes a complete shambles of the title (professional footballer)

This absolutely turns me off from football big time.

As a spurs fan we just have to hope our players like pochettino.

#2 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 09 February 2019 - 18:50

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 09 February 2019 - 15:18, said:

Professional footballers of any calibre demand massive wages from the club they play for.

At all times they should be (professional) put aside personal differences and dislikes and put in a shift for the club who pay their inflated wages.

As much as Mourinho isnt universally liked isnt the point. .....! the players of manchester utd werent playing for him and as such eventually got him the sack.

Since the very (likeable and genial ) olly solskjaer took over they have decided to put in a shift for the bloke and gone on an unbeaten run belying the cr@p they played for mourinho.

This to me makes a complete shambles of the title (professional footballer)

This absolutely turns me off from football big time.

As a spurs fan we just have to hope our players like pochettino.

I would normally agree with you on this subject beags , but in this particular case mourinho has previous form this.

I won't go into too much but it says a lot about his man management and stubborn ways when he could not get a tune out of a £100million world cup winner who since mourinho departure has dramatically picked up form.
Says more about mourinho than the players

#3 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:12

View Postwillyid82, on 09 February 2019 - 18:50, said:

I would normally agree with you on this subject beags , but in this particular case mourinho has previous form this.

I won't go into too much but it says a lot about his man management and stubborn ways when he could not get a tune out of a £100million world cup winner who since mourinho departure has dramatically picked up form.
Says more about mourinho than the players

Ok well i am not defending mourinho in anyway at all ! in fact i cant stand the bloke especially after he pulled that stunt with willian when at chelsea but you cant say that the more experienced manager out of him and solskjaer is solskjaer.

Ole Gunnar was actually a dismal failure when at cardiff.

But here we have a situation that looks like the whole man utd team went on strike while playing for mourinho by the fact that they are now unbeaten since solskjaer took over.

In any book that cant be correct if you call yourself a professional sportsman ?

#4 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:04

There's a degree of truth in that. But there's also a bit of tactical naivety from Mourinho. Read an article about it. Can't remember where.

United's defence is s***. Mourinho kept complaining about not being able to sign Toby & etc.

The article said there are two ways of dealing with defensive frailty. Mourinho's was to get his more naturally attacking players to play deeper, focus on defensive work and stifle their attacking play. Occasionally he diverted from this, such as the time he said he "let the horses run free" and they battered someone.

OGS has addressed their dodgy defence by going down the road of focusing on their attacking play. As such players like Pogba, Martial and Rashford who weren't enjoying their football are now looking like the huge talents they always were.

That's before you consider his man management and other mistakes.

I'd back Mourinho to be more likely to win a cup final over OGS. But over the course of a season his negative tactics didn't suit the squad or the league. Parking the bus when your team cost 100Ms is ridiculous and I'm glad he got exposed for if.

#5 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 10 February 2019 - 20:56

View Posttomtom, on 10 February 2019 - 11:04, said:

There's a degree of truth in that. But there's also a bit of tactical naivety from Mourinho. Read an article about it. Can't remember where.

United's defence is s***. Mourinho kept complaining about not being able to sign Toby & etc.

The article said there are two ways of dealing with defensive frailty. Mourinho's was to get his more naturally attacking players to play deeper, focus on defensive work and stifle their attacking play. Occasionally he diverted from this, such as the time he said he "let the horses run free" and they battered someone.

OGS has addressed their dodgy defence by going down the road of focusing on their attacking play. As such players like Pogba, Martial and Rashford who weren't enjoying their football are now looking like the huge talents they always were.

That's before you consider his man management and other mistakes.

I'd back Mourinho to be more likely to win a cup final over OGS. But over the course of a season his negative tactics didn't suit the squad or the league. Parking the bus when your team cost 100Ms is ridiculous and I'm glad he got exposed for if.

Yep, totally wrong appointment. His brand of football is dire with the expensive squads he's had his hands on and his biggest successes have been with underdogs. Hes an arsehole as well.

Leaves most clubs under a cloud, his ego is ridiculous. Pogba after yesterdays win on Olly " he's positive and happy and isn't acting".

It seems footballers are more interested in being happy and enjoying their football, no one likes losing, but squad harmony has become important with the likes of Poch, Southgate and now Olly coming to the fore.

Players shouldn't really play within themselves, but many do. When an entire squad does it the manager has lost the dressing room. These guys can't just go in and say stick your job up your Jacksie, so they have to do it this way.

#6 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2019 - 20:24

Personally I feel Ole's recent results have vindicated Mourinho.

Look at where Ajax and United were two years ago, and look at where they both are now.

The board has to take some of the blame for giving Jose a long contract and not backing him as fully as Pep.

Yes, JM had previous and third season syndrome was obvious, but surely it is equal responsibility for the owners to negate this.

They give the players huge contracts and make it known that the manager has less control than a social media account.

#7 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 April 2019 - 17:16

View Post50 Cent, on 20 April 2019 - 20:24, said:

Personally I feel Ole's recent results have vindicated Mourinho.

Look at where Ajax and United were two years ago, and look at where they both are now.

The board has to take some of the blame for giving Jose a long contract and not backing him as fully as Pep.

Yes, JM had previous and third season syndrome was obvious, but surely it is equal responsibility for the owners to negate this.

They give the players huge contracts and make it known that the manager has less control than a social media account.

Well the ole gunnar solskjaer bubble has truly burst with that 4-0 drubbing at everton.

Looks like they need to clear players out from there ! maybe it wasnt all about mourinho but the players attitudes.

I expect man utd to pay the £25 mill for toby and maybe give solskjaer a few games in the new season and then come again for pochettino.

#8 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2019 - 19:09

I just think the whole thing is a mess. Why didn't they back Moyes with Bale? Yet they buy Alexis under Mourinho when he wanted top class defenders. I don't really get it. The structure of the club I mean. There is too much indecision on the board from a commercial side. One minute they back Sir Alex, the next they bring back Pogba.

I have even heard United fans saying LVG went too early and wasn't given time for his vision of the club. They are probably still paying off the contracts of four managers.

The thing is, now OGS is saying the exact same things Mourinho was, yet the difference is his only managerial experience is getting Cardiff relegated. At least, if they backed Mourinho, and they finished 6th, he had more credit in the bank due to his CV. No one knows what a Mourinho 4th season looks like because the owners side with the players.

Granted, it might be a failure, but I don't see how four seasons under Ole can be a success.

#9 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 April 2019 - 19:20

Iím happy they did but it was madness to appoint ogs so early .

He was quite clearly in the honeymoon faze . I donít think utd are going to be much of a threat untill they appoint the next manager .

#10 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2019 - 19:35

Some alternative pundits who are not scared to upset social media, e.g. The True Geordie off YouTube, or Craig Burley off ESPN FC, both did say all of this before it happened. I also thought the appointment timing was weird, although I could also see how he could have had a Zidane effect. But the board seemed to appoint him based on fan emotion after the PSG result. Worth noting he had lost two games since then and they could have waited until the end of the season to see how it pans out. In other words, the team and manager reaction after losing wasn't a factor in the equation of appointing him.

#11 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 April 2019 - 02:04

To be honest i cant stand the club ! along with liverpool, the arse and chelsea, and now to that list you can add man city.

The reason for that is because i cant stand clubs that think they have a divine right to winning everything that football has to offer........! man utd and their fans are in that category.

The attitude of man city the other night was total revenge upon a club that had the cheek to knock them out the cl.

Liverpool think their past success means it has to carry on forever.

Chelsea,s years of mega spending and mega wages is a thing of the past but just like liverpool it should go on indefinitely.

............and the arse ? reading some of the stuff put up by their fans is childish and they are becoming like west ham.

They are desperate to finish above us so they can verbally abuse us ! while west ham fans will tell you the first thing they look for on the new seasons fixture list is the vs tottenham games. :rolleyes:

Tottenham have had years of failure and just expect it now...........! champions league with poch has been refreshing but we hope to go far in the comp and thats a better attitude than you get from other clubs.

No one club has a divine right to win things.

#12 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:48

I don't particularly mind the attitude of expectancy from fans as I feel it is something we lack.

One thing that does grind me is Neville on Sky Sports thinking he runs the club when he ran Valencia into the ground.

Yes, anyone is entitled to an opinion, but as a paid pundit I don't know. It's like the United board are run by Sky Sports.

#13 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:06

View Post50 Cent, on 23 April 2019 - 01:48, said:

I don't particularly mind the attitude of expectancy from fans as I feel it is something we lack.

I guess i listen to radio 5 phone in too often then :lmao:

A common line i hear from man utd,man city, liverpool, chelsea & gooner fans when they lose is " we should be beating teams like we played today "

Why should they ? its not set in stone or a divine right for man utd or liverpool to beat (for eg ) some club like southampton or newcastle etc etc.

Its just distasteful arrogance.

A better line would be " we really expected to win today but it wasnt to be " " and the opposition played well and deserved the win "

You can be a big club with a massive history and spend all the money on the best players and pay the most wages but it doesnt entitle you to win everything that football (as a competition) has to offer.

Thats my opinion anyway. ! :grinny:

#14 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2019 - 21:04

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 23 April 2019 - 02:06, said:

I guess i listen to radio 5 phone in too often then :lmao:

A common line i hear from man utd,man city, liverpool, chelsea & gooner fans when they lose is " we should be beating teams like we played today "

Why should they ? its not set in stone or a divine right for man utd or liverpool to beat (for eg ) some club like southampton or newcastle etc etc.

Its just distasteful arrogance.

A better line would be " we really expected to win today but it wasnt to be " " and the opposition played well and deserved the win "

You can be a big club with a massive history and spend all the money on the best players and pay the most wages but it doesnt entitle you to win everything that football (as a competition) has to offer.

Thats my opinion anyway. ! :grinny:

You're entitled to your opinion.

The way I see it, yes, Liverpool fans for example annoy me by telling Spurs fans on social media, or just unneccessarily in general life, that they are better, they are going to win, Harry Kane is going to leave, and so on and so forth.

In my opinion, City fans - I am talking old skool core base - don't have that entitlement.

That said, with United, they did beat Arsenal for many years and did win the treble, and did the whole thing similar to how Spurs are building now.

For their core fans to expect to be one of the biggest clubs in the world is a healthy ambition in my opinion, and one that our fans could do with.

We have a one billion pound stadium to match that ideal, and even in Sir Alex days, teams occasionally did an upset at Old Trafford.

All in all, fans are quite similar and it depends who you run into. Personally, I am neutral towards United.

#15 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:17

View Post50 Cent, on 23 April 2019 - 21:04, said:

You're entitled to your opinion.

The way I see it, yes, Liverpool fans for example annoy me by telling Spurs fans on social media, or just unneccessarily in general life, that they are better, they are going to win, Harry Kane is going to leave, and so on and so forth.

In my opinion, City fans - I am talking old skool core base - don't have that entitlement.

That said, with United, they did beat Arsenal for many years and did win the treble, and did the whole thing similar to how Spurs are building now.

For their core fans to expect to be one of the biggest clubs in the world is a healthy ambition in my opinion, and one that our fans could do with.

We have a one billion pound stadium to match that ideal, and even in Sir Alex days, teams occasionally did an upset at Old Trafford.

All in all, fans are quite similar and it depends who you run into. Personally, I am neutral towards United.

Yeah well maybe we are getting our wires crossed here but personally speaking i dont think any clubs fans have an entitlement to think they should win every game they play ! thats just plain arrogance !

Past history and past successes doesnt (in my view) mean it should carry on indefinitely as some clubs fans seem to believe it should.

The trouble with man united is that they are now in the shadow of their local rivals and just cant keep up with them after years of dominance ! how man utd fans must hate what is happening at city.

Thats the healthy side of football, city have turned round the status quo with united, spurs are doing it with the arse.

It would be good to see everton do the same with liverpool because of that arrogance and entitlement you speak of . :grinny:

#16 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2019 - 19:34

I feel we should believe we have to win every game in our new stadium and it is not that unrealistic given what we did at the old WHL.

Teams don't fear going to Old Trafford. We beat them 0-3. Also, apparently the players for United cost more in transfers than the players for City in the most recent game. It was £400-£500 million each if I recall correctly.

Honestly, if Poch and Levy had done that, and we were in a worse position, and hired Ledley King, and lost 7 out of 9 games, I mean I don't really know where to start...

The reality for all teams below the top two is that their defences are not good enough.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users