Planet Spurs Forums: Whose for the drop come may ? - Planet Spurs Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whose for the drop come may ? Who will join Huddersfield and fulham ?

#1 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:00

More importantly who would you want gone from the prem if you had a choice ?

Looks like huddersfield are down and although fulham look a lot healthier things dont look good for them.

So who will join them parachuting to the championship.

Candidates look like Southampton,Brighton,Burnley,Newcastle,Cardiff & Palace.

I like southampton because of their philosophy of home grown players and little bargain buys here and there.

Its a shame they cant hang onto their best players though and that is probably what has them in this precarious position.

I like what chris Hughton has done at brighton after his sackings at norwich and newcastle.

Neil Warnock for all his faults is a gritty manager and might yet still keep cardiff up.

After what dyche achieved with burnley last year its strange to see them languishing where they are.

Which brings me to newcastle and c.palace.

Lovely owners in mike ashley and steve parish and relegation couldnt happen to nicer people.

I quite like Woy though ! :grinny:

#2 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:55

If I had a choice? Easy lol - Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United :grinny:

Realistically though, I think its Huddersfield and Fulham are gone. Joining them, Id probably like to see Palace go down. They are a tough away side and it may make Zaha available? :rolleyes:

#3 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2019 - 03:20

I wouldn't lose much sleep if Cardiff went down.

That said, I would have liked Burnley down instead of Fulham.

The clubs coming up is more concerning. At least Villa have some decent Premier League pedigree but it will probably be someone else.

#4 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 04 May 2019 - 06:31

View Post50 Cent, on 04 May 2019 - 03:20, said:

I wouldn't lose much sleep if Cardiff went down.

That said, I would have liked Burnley down instead of Fulham.

The clubs coming up is more concerning. At least Villa have some decent Premier League pedigree but it will probably be someone else.

Yep its boiled down to cardiff and brighton .

As i said i wish chris hughton well as he is ex spurs.

Coming up ! Norwich have been a yo yo club for years and their problem will be attracting good enough players to retain a prem place.

Sheff utd used to be regulars in the old first division and have a good history.

I would like leeds utd up because i enjoyed watching their 1970s teams of bremnar , madeley, cooper and co.

#5 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 05 May 2019 - 08:36

Wolves are probably worth a mention as to how football should be done.

#6 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 May 2019 - 01:31

View Post50 Cent, on 05 May 2019 - 08:36, said:

Wolves are probably worth a mention as to how football should be done.

in what way? The corrupt deal with the dodgy agent that allowed them to sign a bunch of players in very suspicious circumstances? That they signed champions league players like Neves and Jota for less money than was offered by Spurs, Liverpool & etc. when they were in the championship and somehow got them to agree to contracts of under £20k/week? The fact that the manager and majority of their squad are all represented by one agent with a history of 3rd party ownership, who is also in the employ of the club in , arguably in breach of FA regulations but they're somehow getting around it by calling him a "consultant"?

Don't get me wrong, they're a good side, but they've assembled that team in a very dodgy way and are under investigation for a lot of their practices.

#7 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 07 May 2019 - 18:08

View Posttomtom, on 07 May 2019 - 01:31, said:

in what way? The corrupt deal with the dodgy agent that allowed them to sign a bunch of players in very suspicious circumstances? That they signed champions league players like Neves and Jota for less money than was offered by Spurs, Liverpool & etc. when they were in the championship and somehow got them to agree to contracts of under 20k/week? The fact that the manager and majority of their squad are all represented by one agent with a history of 3rd party ownership, who is also in the employ of the club in , arguably in breach of FA regulations but they're somehow getting around it by calling him a "consultant"?

Don't get me wrong, they're a good side, but they've assembled that team in a very dodgy way and are under investigation for a lot of their practices.

What is your opinion of espirito, Nunez, Santiago, flipflop Vasquez bossman conmerch. ?

I know it's all bent as beggary, but is he actually a clever coach ?

#8 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 10 May 2019 - 17:41

View PostYidio Yidio, on 07 May 2019 - 18:08, said:

What is your opinion of espirito, Nunez, Santiago, flipflop Vasquez bossman conmerch. ?

I know it's all bent as beggary, but is he actually a clever coach ?

Yeah I think he is tbh. He's got a knack for giant killing in the league, did it with Valencia against Madrid and has absolutely smashed the top 6 this season in the PL. TBH his career progression is another example of it being dodgy though... Valencia top 4/CL finish, Porto - 2nd, CL finish.... Then to the Championship with Wolves.

Will be interested to see if Ronaldo joins Wolves in a couple years lol.

#9 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 10 May 2019 - 19:18

View Posttomtom, on 10 May 2019 - 17:41, said:

Yeah I think he is tbh. He's got a knack for giant killing in the league, did it with Valencia against Madrid and has absolutely smashed the top 6 this season in the PL. TBH his career progression is another example of it being dodgy though... Valencia top 4/CL finish, Porto - 2nd, CL finish.... Then to the Championship with Wolves.

Will be interested to see if Ronaldo joins Wolves in a couple years lol.

He's a Doctor of something or other as well. It's so ridiculous it's impossible to make it up.

#10 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 28 May 2019 - 00:18

View Posttomtom, on 07 May 2019 - 01:31, said:

in what way? The corrupt deal with the dodgy agent that allowed them to sign a bunch of players in very suspicious circumstances? That they signed champions league players like Neves and Jota for less money than was offered by Spurs, Liverpool & etc. when they were in the championship and somehow got them to agree to contracts of under £20k/week? The fact that the manager and majority of their squad are all represented by one agent with a history of 3rd party ownership, who is also in the employ of the club in , arguably in breach of FA regulations but they're somehow getting around it by calling him a "consultant"?

Well, I didn't know about off the pitch matters. Lol. I was more referring to Nuno and the 3-4-3. Perhaps Southampton when they came up was a better example both on and off the pitch. I just worry about the likes of Sheffield or Norwich being poor to watch and not getting past mid table. Sheffield have a decent story though.

Villa surprisingly up through the play-offs now. More of a Premier League era club than the others but it is harsh on Leeds and West Brom who had a better season. I don't know if they will stay up but perhaps a better chance than their last season.

#11 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:31

haha fair enough on Wolves. Problem is I do like them and their manager, just don't like this underdog story that's been trotted out. Their owners were talking about winning the champions League when they were still in the championship. They're as bad as City but apparently better at hiding their spending so far.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users