• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is Bale coming home??

#1 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:25

Booed last night and unhappy at Madrid...surely we could lure him back home?

#2 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:47

No. We wonít pay his wages . He will never play for spurs again .

#3 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:42

We need to get something more than money from Madrid if we sell them Eriksen, whether thatís Bale, Isco or another player. If we just take money for him we may struggle to find a top player to replace him.

However Bales wages do seem like a huge stumbling block. Although we could work around it with a big signing on fee but still seems unlikely. I do think he could move on though but it could be to one of our rivals 😞

#4 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 03 March 2019 - 12:13

View PostChrisPienaar, on 03 March 2019 - 11:42, said:

We need to get something more than money from Madrid if we sell them Eriksen, whether thatís Bale, Isco or another player. If we just take money for him we may struggle to find a top player to replace him.

However Bales wages do seem like a huge stumbling block. Although we could work around it with a big signing on fee but still seems unlikely. I do think he could move on though but it could be to one of our rivals 😞

Eriksen has been ineffective lately chris.

I reckon his latest performances have affected his selling on price by 25 %.

I dont want bale because he would be expensive and probably almost finished as a major player.

But let real have eriksen for cash and get the stadium paid for and move on.

I think we are looking at quite a few years in football wilderness as the last two transfer windows have proved we just havent got the money to compete right now.

#5 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 March 2019 - 12:24

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 03 March 2019 - 12:13, said:

Eriksen has been ineffective lately chris.

I reckon his latest performances have affected his selling on price by 25 %.

I dont want bale because he would be expensive and probably almost finished as a major player.

But let real have eriksen for cash and get the stadium paid for and move on.

I think we are looking at quite a few years in football wilderness as the last two transfer windows have proved we just havent got the money to compete right now.

If we donít invest anything in the squad this summer then we can say goodbye to Kane, Alli and Son too next year and see the club crumble like Arsenal have. Seems like a waste after all the progress that has been made. I know we canít compete with the others but I canít accept losing Dembele and possibly Toby and Eriksen and bringing nothing in.

#6 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 03 March 2019 - 12:38

View PostChrisPienaar, on 03 March 2019 - 12:24, said:

If we donít invest anything in the squad this summer then we can say goodbye to Kane, Alli and Son too next year and see the club crumble like Arsenal have. Seems like a waste after all the progress that has been made. I know we canít compete with the others but I canít accept losing Dembele and possibly Toby and Eriksen and bringing nothing in.

The three you mention have been tied down to long contracts and kane is mega spurs anyway.

Its only some anti spurs media factions that keep banging on that kane will go.

They want spurs back where they were pre poch era and that is why they keep going on about our best players need to move to bigger clubs.

These are gooners and chelsea w***ers who hate us taking the cl dosh while they are subject to the worthless europa.

As for toby and eriksen ? well toby made it clear he wants to move to another club who will pay him big bucks and eriksen wants a barce or real move.

So they are going anyway.

Dembele was a bit part player in the end and was gracious enough not to let his contract run down and go for nothing.

Shouldnt have sold walker in my opinion but trips was playing well in those days and it was justified really.

How were we to know trips would deteriorate the way he has.?

#7 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 March 2019 - 13:58

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 03 March 2019 - 12:38, said:

The three you mention have been tied down to long contracts and kane is mega spurs anyway.

Its only some anti spurs media factions that keep banging on that kane will go.

They want spurs back where they were pre poch era and that is why they keep going on about our best players need to move to bigger clubs.

These are gooners and chelsea w***ers who hate us taking the cl dosh while they are subject to the worthless europa.

As for toby and eriksen ? well toby made it clear he wants to move to another club who will pay him big bucks and eriksen wants a barce or real move.

So they are going anyway.

Dembele was a bit part player in the end and was gracious enough not to let his contract run down and go for nothing.

Shouldnt have sold walker in my opinion but trips was playing well in those days and it was justified really.

How were we to know trips would deteriorate the way he has.?

It is not acceptable that we donít replace players that we sell with real quality.

I am sure the stadium has not been paid for up front and will be paid over time. We have made a lot of money from being in the CL and high placed finished in the league. Add to that the fact that we have never spent more than we make. So to keep moving forward I think we will sell a few this summer and buy a few. I would be beyond amazed to not see incomings this summer.

As Iíve said in another thread we will try and offload deadweight as well as maybe Eriksen and Toby and we will spend most of that money on new players.

#8 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 March 2019 - 15:37

View PostSpursDan, on 03 March 2019 - 10:25, said:

Booed last night and unhappy at Madrid...surely we could lure him back home?

The problem is his wages and if he loves our club as much as we do, I don't like how since he left he acts like he never played for us.

#9 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 March 2019 - 18:07

Bale will never earn that money he's on again.. his next move he will have to take a big pay cut,,and he knows it too or he will just have to sit were he is,, it's do able but it's not our model,, but he would win us something that's for sure

#10 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2019 - 20:08

As much as I don't think he will come, this is the sort of player we need - one that has won things, played on the biggest stages, can instill know-how and confidence into team mates. We lack this big time. However, apart from his wage demands, that other Prem clubs could get close to matching, his fitness would concern me.

#11 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 March 2019 - 20:10

View Posthotsauce, on 03 March 2019 - 18:07, said:

Bale will never earn that money he's on again.. his next move he will have to take a big pay cut,,and he knows it too or he will just have to sit were he is,, it's do able but it's not our model,, but he would win us something that's for sure

Not really because they are still big clubs that would take him in a heartbeat and give him silly wages like Man utd and Paris sg and maybe Juventus, Bale is still at his peak to get one last big pay day .

#12 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 March 2019 - 20:44

View PostSpurs scout, on 03 March 2019 - 20:10, said:

Not really because they are still big clubs that would take him in a heartbeat and give him silly wages like Man utd and Paris sg and maybe Juventus, Bale is still at his peak to get one last big pay day .

I think Mr bale has more money than he could think of and just wants to enjoy himself again

#13 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 03 March 2019 - 21:14

Yes, he is coming back.

#14 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 March 2019 - 21:17

View PostYidio Yidio, on 03 March 2019 - 21:14, said:

Yes, he is coming back.

🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 🙌🏻

#15 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 March 2019 - 21:46

Whisper it. He's not as good as he used to be.

#16 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 March 2019 - 22:05

View Posttomtom, on 03 March 2019 - 21:46, said:

Whisper it. He's not as good as he used to be.

Sources close to the family have been quietly letting it known that his heart for the game has faded and he's looking for a project to help reinstall his own belief.

#17 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:28

We're more than 2/3s of the way through the season and he's not hit 10 league goals yet. And La Liga is mostly awful. And this is after Ronaldo has left, so the idea that he was going to start scoring 40+ goals a season when he became the main man is now debunked. He's gone backwards at Real and I don't think he's what we need.

I'm sure I'll get a ton of stick for this but Sonny is a better player on this season's evidence by quite a long way.

#18 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:37

View Posttomtom, on 04 March 2019 - 02:28, said:

We're more than 2/3s of the way through the season and he's not hit 10 league goals yet. And La Liga is mostly awful. And this is after Ronaldo has left, so the idea that he was going to start scoring 40+ goals a season when he became the main man is now debunked. He's gone backwards at Real and I don't think he's what we need.

I'm sure I'll get a ton of stick for this but Sonny is a better player on this season's evidence by quite a long way.

I agree he has gone backwards as a player.

When he left us he was in the top 5 players in the world and hungry.

He has gone on to win trophies but he hasn't gone on to become a world great , a legend of the game he will forevever be known as a player in the ronaldo era.
His ability warranted more but you lose something when you choose madrid.

He is not what we need anymore , we need hunger a desire to improve his recent toys out of pram episode proves that this not the right 0layer for us

#19 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:32

Yes, well he still has a squad number and VDV didn't...ÖÖÖ..I'll leave that one sitting right there.

If he was ripping up world football we wouldn't have a hope of getting him, it's now feasible with Eriksen heading somewhere.

#20 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 04 March 2019 - 09:30

View Postwillyid82, on 04 March 2019 - 06:37, said:

I agree he has gone backwards as a player.

When he left us he was in the top 5 players in the world and hungry.

He has gone on to win trophies but he hasn't gone on to become a world great , a legend of the game he will forevever be known as a player in the ronaldo era.
His ability warranted more but you lose something when you choose madrid.

He is not what we need anymore , we need hunger a desire to improve his recent toys out of pram episode proves that this not the right 0layer for us

Couldnít disagree more, Bale is exactly what we need! He has a winning mentality and experience to take our squad to the next level.

His world class quality is still there and at 29 he has a few years left in the tank. He has plenty of hunger but not at Madrid, not any longer, heís unhappy there and im sure if he came back Poch would get the best out of him again.

Did you not see what happened with Alexis Sanchez?! Looked very average on the Barcelona bench every week, then came to Arsenal and was insanely good! The same could happen with Bale. I would take a Eriksen swap for Bale plus £30/£40m cash

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users