Planet Spurs Forums: Is Bale coming home?? - Planet Spurs Forums

Jump to content

  • 10 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is Bale coming home??

#21 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 4,439
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:26

View PostSpursDan, on 04 March 2019 - 09:30, said:

Couldnít disagree more, Bale is exactly what we need! He has a winning mentality and experience to take our squad to the next level.

His world class quality is still there and at 29 he has a few years left in the tank. He has plenty of hunger but not at Madrid, not any longer, heís unhappy there and im sure if he came back Poch would get the best out of him again.

Did you not see what happened with Alexis Sanchez?! Looked very average on the Barcelona bench every week, then came to Arsenal and was insanely good! The same could happen with Bale. I would take a Eriksen swap for Bale plus £30/£40m cash


I dont think levy would be so stupid as to do a deal like this bearing in mind bales wages and the new stadium debt.

It wont happen ever.
0

#22 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,652
  • Joined: 23-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gibraltar

Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:07

View Posttomtom, on 04 March 2019 - 02:28, said:

We're more than 2/3s of the way through the season and he's not hit 10 league goals yet. And La Liga is mostly awful. And this is after Ronaldo has left, so the idea that he was going to start scoring 40+ goals a season when he became the main man is now debunked. He's gone backwards at Real and I don't think he's what we need.

I'm sure I'll get a ton of stick for this but Sonny is a better player on this season's evidence by quite a long way.



He has scored 13 in 33 for Madrid this season and that includes a fair few subsitute appearances.

Madrid is a complete mess at the moment. They change their managers all the time and have just lost one of the most iconic players that the world has ever seen. The team is a shambles and a lot of quality players are not getting game time or being given fair chances.

Marcelo - One of the best LB's in the world is not playing consistently and is pushing for a move away
Isco - Has been frozen out by a couple of managers recently but I think he would flourish anywhere else
Bale - Is being booed by his own fans and his teammates claim that he doesn't really gel with the squad.

Those are just 3 main ones that come to mind. Madrid have a collection of quality players that they don't use!

So the point I'm trying to get at is that even with the mess that Madrid find themselves in and the fact that Bale rarely or never plays a full 90 minutes means that 13 in 33 is not actually a bad return. I think he still has at least a couple more years in him and he is a top player still. What he also brings is experience and he is a winner. Would be a massive move for us were it to happen. I just cant see how we will be able to finance it.
0

#23 User is offline   fentonroad 

  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 846
  • Joined: 31-August 17

Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:24

If the expected players go or not we need an experienced winner somewhere on the park with experience at the top. A VDV level of player and Bale does fit the bill apart from wages. Isco would be good but similar to an Eriksen level player. Maybe a straight swap Eriksen for them both?
0

#24 User is offline   SteveB 

  • Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 661
  • Joined: 27-February 17

Posted 04 March 2019 - 13:13

Erikssen has how long left on his contract ?
0

#25 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 4,439
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 04 March 2019 - 13:24

View PostSteveB, on 04 March 2019 - 13:13, said:

Erikssen has how long left on his contract ?



Approx 16 months.

He,s 27 and obviously thinking 5 years left at the top.

He has given spurs 6 years and will be 28 when his contract expires.

Good player ! a bit inconsistent.

Still think he will do a few good things while at spurs. :niceone:
0

#26 User is offline   tomtom 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 11,508
  • Joined: 18-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 March 2019 - 13:26

View PostChrisPienaar, on 04 March 2019 - 11:07, said:

He has scored 13 in 33 for Madrid this season and that includes a fair few subsitute appearances.

Madrid is a complete mess at the moment. They change their managers all the time and have just lost one of the most iconic players that the world has ever seen. The team is a shambles and a lot of quality players are not getting game time or being given fair chances.

Marcelo - One of the best LB's in the world is not playing consistently and is pushing for a move away
Isco - Has been frozen out by a couple of managers recently but I think he would flourish anywhere else
Bale - Is being booed by his own fans and his teammates claim that he doesn't really gel with the squad.

Those are just 3 main ones that come to mind. Madrid have a collection of quality players that they don't use!

So the point I'm trying to get at is that even with the mess that Madrid find themselves in and the fact that Bale rarely or never plays a full 90 minutes means that 13 in 33 is not actually a bad return. I think he still has at least a couple more years in him and he is a top player still. What he also brings is experience and he is a winner. Would be a massive move for us were it to happen. I just cant see how we will be able to finance it.


13 in all comps. He's on 7 league goals. That's almost 100k per week for each goal he's scored.

He was an absolutely phenomenal player when he was with us, but he was also incredibly quick. Regular injuries and getting older have robbed him of a bit of pace. Playing 2nd fiddle to Ronaldo for years robbed him of development and hunger.

How often do you see a 30 year old go up a level than where they've been in their prime?

It's a romantic notion but everything points to it being a bad idea imo.
0

#27 User is offline   tomtom 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 11,508
  • Joined: 18-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 March 2019 - 13:27

View PostSpursDan, on 04 March 2019 - 09:30, said:

Did you not see what happened with Alexis Sanchez?! Looked very average on the Barcelona bench every week, then came to Arsenal and was insanely good! The same could happen with Bale. I would take a Eriksen swap for Bale plus £30/£40m cash


Sanchez scored 19 league goals in his last season at Barca. He wasn't first choice but he was far from average.
0

#28 User is offline   stokesie 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,203
  • Joined: 19-December 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kent

Posted 04 March 2019 - 15:35

Something still doesnít sit right with me about the way in which he left . I canít stand his big nosed bald agent Johnathan Barnet either . I see he has come out today moaning at Madrid fans .

I have no problem with him leaving that summer for Madrid , I would have gone myself , but the way in which he behaved I thought was disgusting . Modric behaved better !

I wouldnít say he has been a failure there , but he certainly hasnt fulfilled his potential , and itís turned very sour for him now.

I feel he will be at Utd in the summer . They will pay the wages and the transfer fee. City and Chelsea wonít .
0

#29 User is offline   stokesie 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,203
  • Joined: 19-December 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kent

Posted 04 March 2019 - 15:40

I hope eriksen behaves better in the summer when he goes . But to be honest , the way he has played this season , I donít think Iím even bothered . I would have Modric back personally
0

#30 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,652
  • Joined: 23-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gibraltar

Posted 05 March 2019 - 13:25

What about taking Bale on loan with a possibility to sign at the end :rolleyes:
0

#31 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 4,439
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 05 March 2019 - 13:29

View PostChrisPienaar, on 05 March 2019 - 13:25, said:

What about taking Bale on loan with a possibility to sign at the end :rolleyes:


He,s contracted at real until 2022.

His contract is worth £150 mill over those years.


So ! let that great club Real Madrid pay his wages and see his value decrease big time as it has recently.

Thats a good ending to the special (one way) relationship we had with that great spanish club. :grinny:
0

#32 User is offline   hotsauce 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,528
  • Joined: 21-October 10

Posted 05 March 2019 - 15:47

Bale agent was on talk- sh1t this morning and said that man Utd and spurs have no chance of getting bale has he would be staying in Madrid until the end of his contract
0

#33 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,652
  • Joined: 23-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gibraltar

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:32

Say what you will but this doesnít look like a failure for Real Madrid:

Games: 222
Goals: 101
Assists: 63
Trophies: 13
Goals in finals: 5

The lad has been something of a big game player for them with big goals when it mattered. To say that you would not want him back seems a bit crazy. Would certainly be a massive upgrade on Lucas and lamela even if he played half a season. To blame him for not stepping up when Ronaldo left is just insane. Ronaldo and Messi are two abnormalities that we may not see for a long time or ever again.
0

#34 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 4,439
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:02

View PostChrisPienaar, on 06 March 2019 - 10:32, said:

Say what you will but this doesn’t look like a failure for Real Madrid:

Games: 222
Goals: 101
Assists: 63
Trophies: 13
Goals in finals: 5

The lad has been something of a big game player for them with big goals when it mattered. To say that you would not want him back seems a bit crazy. Would certainly be a massive upgrade on Lucas and lamela even if he played half a season. To blame him for not stepping up when Ronaldo left is just insane. Ronaldo and Messi are two abnormalities that we may not see for a long time or ever again.



He was injured again last night chris ! & it looks like a bad one.

I loved the player and to have the (old) bale back (as we remember him ) would be fantastic.

Levy is not keen on dealing with real madrid though and he doesnt want them courting our players anymore full stop.....! and i would be anticipating that they would want eriksen as part of any deal.

Not to mention his wages !

With the new stadium its looks like the days of "feeder club to the bigger fish " are over.

I would rather our scouting team find the new bale but players like him are rare.
0

#35 User is offline   tomtom 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 11,508
  • Joined: 18-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 March 2019 - 13:25

View PostChrisPienaar, on 06 March 2019 - 10:32, said:

Say what you will but this doesnít look like a failure for Real Madrid:

Games: 222
Goals: 101
Assists: 63
Trophies: 13
Goals in finals: 5

The lad has been something of a big game player for them with big goals when it mattered. To say that you would not want him back seems a bit crazy. Would certainly be a massive upgrade on Lucas and lamela even if he played half a season. To blame him for not stepping up when Ronaldo left is just insane. Ronaldo and Messi are two abnormalities that we may not see for a long time or ever again.


Of course he'd be better than Lucas and Lamela. But they're on 1/8 of his salary. My argument is he's not better than Son at this moment in time, and if we're going to be paying insane wages and probably breaking our transfer record or doing a part exchange for Eriksen he needs to be able to be our star player. I might be wrong, but I'm not sure he can still operate at that level - at least not consistently.

If we could sign him for 25M and pay him 150-200k a week then sure. But that's never going to happen. He's not worth 3 Harry Kane salaries if he can't play 25 league games a season.
0

#36 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,652
  • Joined: 23-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gibraltar

Posted 06 March 2019 - 13:45

View Posttomtom, on 06 March 2019 - 13:25, said:

Of course he'd be better than Lucas and Lamela. But they're on 1/8 of his salary. My argument is he's not better than Son at this moment in time, and if we're going to be paying insane wages and probably breaking our transfer record or doing a part exchange for Eriksen he needs to be able to be our star player. I might be wrong, but I'm not sure he can still operate at that level - at least not consistently.

If we could sign him for 25M and pay him 150-200k a week then sure. But that's never going to happen. He's not worth 3 Harry Kane salaries if he can't play 25 league games a season.


I agree that I donít think we will get him and that heís not at the level of others on his wages but what I am saying is that it is crazy that some people think he wouldnít improve our team. So what if son is better or not, heís not a replacement for son lol. Iím just saying that if the option to take him on is there weíd be silly not to take it IMO. If we had bags and bags of money to spend on other players then I would go elsewhere but I see it as an option to get something out of a potential Eriksen sale.
0

#37 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 4,439
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 06 March 2019 - 14:13

View PostChrisPienaar, on 06 March 2019 - 13:45, said:

I agree that I donít think we will get him and that heís not at the level of others on his wages but what I am saying is that it is crazy that some people think he wouldnít improve our team. So what if son is better or not, heís not a replacement for son lol. Iím just saying that if the option to take him on is there weíd be silly not to take it IMO. If we had bags and bags of money to spend on other players then I would go elsewhere but I see it as an option to get something out of a potential Eriksen sale.


Tommy has this right ! the player has a massive contract at real madrid so let them honour it.
I dont want any part of getting bale back for the club i support.
Eriksen ! as much as he is inconsistent and may insist on moving will pay a big part this season in end results.
0

#38 User is offline   fentonroad 

  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 846
  • Joined: 31-August 17

Posted 06 March 2019 - 19:19

In my player post elsewhere Eriksen is pretty consistent for four years now, I like others thought he's dipped this year but that's not the case. Goals and assists he's still the same old Eriksen, what does my nut is his and everyone else's dead balls, whether it's free kicks or corners
0

#39 User is offline   Spurs scout 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,563
  • Joined: 25-November 14

Posted 08 March 2019 - 00:27

View Postfentonroad, on 06 March 2019 - 19:19, said:

In my player post elsewhere Eriksen is pretty consistent for four years now, I like others thought he's dipped this year but that's not the case. Goals and assists he's still the same old Eriksen, what does my nut is his and everyone else's dead balls, whether it's free kicks or corners

Eriksens form has dipped, when he is not playing well his close control is not tight , his corners are bad and his shooting is weak. If you looked at the Leicester City game when he did score it masked his performances, he did not do much in that and other games since Kane got injured. If it was not for Son we could be out of the champions league spots.
0

#40 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 9,873
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 08 March 2019 - 00:44

View PostSpurs scout, on 08 March 2019 - 00:27, said:

Eriksens form has dipped, when he is not playing well his close control is not tight , his corners are bad and his shooting is weak. If you looked at the Leicester City game when he did score it masked his performances, he did not do much in that and other games since Kane got injured. If it was not for Son we could be out of the champions league spots.



He was forced to defend a lot in the home leg of the cowabunga against Chavski, it's pretty much since then that he's gone quiet. I think his game misses Kane and Alli because our movement has suffered without those 2. If you ask me our dip in form is about our movement as much as anything. Lack of movement has cost us some confidence and we've ended up being more defensive.


I wonder if our movement has suffered through the loss of Dembo, if you have confidence that someone won't lose the ball, you'll keep making those forward runs.
0

Share this topic:


  • 10 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users