• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is Bale coming home??

#41 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:42

no Demebele or Dele has definitely hurt our movement and attacking play.

As much as he gets stick for it, Dele's little flicks often help in the build up to a chance. Plus he loves getting in the box and pressing to get the ball back.

Eriksen is definitely playing deeper and focusing on defending more than he used to. Hopefully Dier and Wanyama returning will free him up further forward.

#42 User is offline   fentonroad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:49

Dele has the cocky arrogance that no one bar Lamela hasin our squad. All the rest are very good at what they do but most times you need a bit of the unpredictable coky so and so in a squad, Cantona being a prime example at Utd.

#43 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 March 2019 - 16:37

View Postfentonroad, on 08 March 2019 - 12:49, said:

Dele has the cocky arrogance that no one bar Lamela hasin our squad. All the rest are very good at what they do but most times you need a bit of the unpredictable coky so and so in a squad, Cantona being a prime example at Utd.

Yeah , Dele is not afraid to try things while the others are a little safer in there way at opening teams up , I get why opposing fans can not stand Dele but I don't get why some of our fans hate his arrogance. He is a big game player and his movement frees up space for Eriksen, Son and Kane.

#44 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 08 March 2019 - 18:23

In the last couple of seasons Delle has calmed down, we don't see him getting in the face of opponents like we used to. I know it's him showing maturity, but his niggly nature got into our opponents heads. For example, Danny Rose is better when opponents seem more interested in fouling him when he gets under their skin.

Our best season had us winding opponents up something rotten, Dembele, Vertonghen, Rose, Delle. We've lost some of that.

#45 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2019 - 19:57

View PostYidio Yidio, on 08 March 2019 - 18:23, said:

Our best season had us winding opponents up something rotten, Dembele, Vertonghen, Rose, Delle. We've lost some of that.

It did backfire on as at Stamford Bridge the night Leicester won the Prem, but, yes, all the great teams possess a swagger!

#46 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:48

View PostYidio Yidio, on 08 March 2019 - 18:23, said:

In the last couple of seasons Delle has calmed down, we don't see him getting in the face of opponents like we used to. I know it's him showing maturity, but his niggly nature got into our opponents heads. For example, Danny Rose is better when opponents seem more interested in fouling him when he gets under their skin.

Absolutely agree , we were a b@**ard of a team to play against , bloody horrible.
We have lost some of that but have gained experience in which is so valuable.

Still to this day my favourite game that we didn't win, i enjoyed every minute of us kicking them up in the air

#47 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:00

As an old timer who would love to,see Spurs win the league before I leave this mortal,coil Imwould want Bale back in a heartbeat.Would be a fantastic opportunity to win next year. If I was younger I say no to Bale.

#48 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 March 2019 - 13:28

View PostArmchairSpurs, on 08 March 2019 - 19:57, said:

It did backfire on as at Stamford Bridge the night Leicester won the Prem, but, yes, all the great teams possess a swagger!

Yep, but that was an extreme situation with the whole world wanting us to lose. We were retaliating for the most part as Gasbag was the instigator of much of that trouble. This season, I watched Troy Deeney bully us early in the year and that wasn't happening when we hit top gear a couple of seasons ago.

The battle of the bridge had everything stacked against us and we were trying to keep alive the slightest of hopes. I sort of understand that some went a little to far in terms of getting caught (Dembele). But I'd rather that than watch Pogba steal the ball from him like last seasons FA Semi. We just don't snap and snarl like we did and to my memory, our best teams had one or two who took no prisoners. McKay and Roberts instantly come to mind.

#49 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 09 March 2019 - 13:54

View PostYidio Yidio, on 09 March 2019 - 13:28, said:

Yep, but that was an extreme situation with the whole world wanting us to lose. We were retaliating for the most part as Gasbag was the instigator of much of that trouble. This season, I watched Troy Deeney bully us early in the year and that wasn't happening when we hit top gear a couple of seasons ago.

The battle of the bridge had everything stacked against us and we were trying to keep alive the slightest of hopes. I sort of understand that some went a little to far in terms of getting caught (Dembele). But I'd rather that than watch Pogba steal the ball from him like last seasons FA Semi. We just don't snap and snarl like we did and to my memory, our best teams had one or two who took no prisoners. McKay and Roberts instantly come to mind.

Great post and so accurate it takes me back to those games mentioned but yids............shame on you ! Its Dave Mackay not spelt Mckay............... :niceone:

There,s an iconic picture you can get in black & white of dave man handling billy bremner of leeds ! yep our dave didnt take cr@p in those days.

#50 User is offline   fentonroad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2019 - 17:35

Well zidane taking over Madrid isnít going to be good news for bale. However out of favour Isco will be well happy so we can kiss that transfer possibility goodbye

#51 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 11 March 2019 - 17:56

Mate , there was nothing to kiss goodbye . We donít even show up on iscos radar .... ha ha ha ....as for bale , thatís even more hilarious . He will be at Utd if not next season , certainly the one after .

#52 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 11 March 2019 - 18:42

View Poststokesie, on 11 March 2019 - 17:56, said:

Mate , there was nothing to kiss goodbye . We donít even show up on iscos radar .... ha ha ha ....as for bale , thatís even more hilarious . He will be at Utd if not next season , certainly the one after .

Who the fck wants bale ? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

#53 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 11 March 2019 - 19:41

He's staying put to run his contract down, regardless of if he plays or not.

#54 User is offline   SteveB 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:12

Bale for Eriksen ?

Good deal or not

Personally I would take it like a shot

#55 User is offline   fentonroad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:59

I think we all agree there are plenty of miles on Gareth's clock but we need more experienced winners. VDV was injured a fair bit but he brought maturity and calmness to the side. Bale isn't the player he was but would be a massive coup for us.

#56 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 March 2019 - 14:27

VDV was great but we didn't qualify for the CL while he was here so in real terms his experience didn't take us forwards.

I absolutely wouldn't swap an Eriksen in his prime for an injury prone Bale who has passed his.

Guys try talking to someone who watches Madrid week in week out. He's lost "it". There's a reason they want him gone.

#57 User is offline   fentonroad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2019 - 15:17

Who realistically are we going to bring in then? Over the last 12 months we have got weaker by Dembele going

#58 User is offline   SteveB 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2019 - 17:07

View Posttomtom, on 12 March 2019 - 14:27, said:

VDV was great but we didn't qualify for the CL while he was here so in real terms his experience didn't take us forwards.

I absolutely wouldn't swap an Eriksen in his prime for an injury prone Bale who has passed his.

Guys try talking to someone who watches Madrid week in week out. He's lost "it". There's a reason they want him gone.

Seems apparent to me that Eriksen simply does not want to play for the club any more. Perhaps Bale would have something to prove if he came back

#59 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 March 2019 - 17:54

View Postfentonroad, on 12 March 2019 - 15:17, said:

Who realistically are we going to bring in then? Over the last 12 months we have got weaker by Dembele going

so your proposed solution is a man who never plays 25 league games, is deemed a passenger by the fans who watch him week in week out and would reportedly cost double the club record signing and is currently on more than 3 times our star players salary... and is 30 this summer?

Of all the people who are saying we should bring him back, how many regularly watch him?

Here's a couple comments I saw on twitter today from Madrid fans.

"He scores in a final and then disappears for the rest of the season or gets injured. If you actually watch any of Madrids games this season you would know that when he gets the opportunity to show what he can do he does NOTHING. Vazquez shows more effort than him ffs."

"if I were United I'd only need to look at Di Maria and Sanchez to see why they shouldn't go for a 30 year old with injury problems. It's far more Spurs like to create the big story and get disappointed lol"

It's a lovely romantic idea that Bale will return and bring his winning experience to our team and bring us silverware but he's more interested in playing golf in his back garden in Wales than being the best he can be any more by most accounts. Injuries and greed have robbed him of being a truly elite player. He's still very good, don't get me wrong, and would obviously be an improvement on say Lamela... but for the money we'd pay I'd argue we'd be better off buying two or three young high potential players. The next Sonny or Eriksen for example.

#60 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 March 2019 - 18:46

View Posttomtom, on 12 March 2019 - 17:54, said:

so your proposed solution is a man who never plays 25 league games, is deemed a passenger by the fans who watch him week in week out and would reportedly cost double the club record signing and is currently on more than 3 times our star players salary... and is 30 this summer?

Of all the people who are saying we should bring him back, how many regularly watch him?

Here's a couple comments I saw on twitter today from Madrid fans.

"He scores in a final and then disappears for the rest of the season or gets injured. If you actually watch any of Madrids games this season you would know that when he gets the opportunity to show what he can do he does NOTHING. Vazquez shows more effort than him ffs."

"if I were United I'd only need to look at Di Maria and Sanchez to see why they shouldn't go for a 30 year old with injury problems. It's far more Spurs like to create the big story and get disappointed lol"

It's a lovely romantic idea that Bale will return and bring his winning experience to our team and bring us silverware but he's more interested in playing golf in his back garden in Wales than being the best he can be any more by most accounts. Injuries and greed have robbed him of being a truly elite player. He's still very good, don't get me wrong, and would obviously be an improvement on say Lamela... but for the money we'd pay I'd argue we'd be better off buying two or three young high potential players. The next Sonny or Eriksen for example.

Madrid would have to give him to us, and tbh, I think they'd rip his contract up and let him walk in an instant.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users