Planet Spurs Forums: On the verge of history. - Planet Spurs Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

On the verge of history. Worst betrayal of british democracy ever.

#1 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:44

This week we are all going to witness the biggest stitch up of the most important democratic vote this country has ever undertook at a cost of £129.1 million to the british taxpayer in 2016.

The country voted to leave the eu but because everything must go through parliament and parliament consists of a majority of remain mps we are just about to see the democratic voting system turned on its head.

All mps represent the people through their constituency,s and as such/and even if they dont agree with the result of a national vote they in theory have to carry out the wishes of the people they represent.

The present scenario is as follows.....!

Mrs May tomorrow puts forward her deal as negotiated with the eu ! its all they would give her and to be honest they have used the irish backstop to keep us in a customs union indefinitely unless they decide otherwise! this also limits our trade with other nations ! they will not give assurances that it isnt permanent simply because they dont have to, remainer mps are doing their work for them.
So back to the vote tomorrow ! it obviously will be slung out by both leavers and remainers for different reasons.

For leavers it isnt brexit, and for remainers it isnt quite what they are aiming for because even though we are stuck in the customs union we dont have a say in eu affairs but remain subject to them.

Next comes the vote to take No Deal off the table ! which remainers have been screaming out for ages now and of course will be voted for as we have a remain majority of mps in parliament.
When no deal is taken out from the equation the eu have won.
Next is an extension to article 50 whioh again will be voted for because remain mps realy want a second referendum and so do the eu and of course this will buy time and cost more billions being paid into eu coffers.
With parliament the way it is balanced the end scenario is that we dont leave the eu at all.... !

Payback time for remainer mps who have decided that they know better than the nation is the elections.

Deselect the sniveling bunch of treacherous rats.

#2 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:31

They may vote to take no deal off the table , but it means nothing , it痴 purely symbolic . It has no legal standing . What does have legal standing is that come 29 March if a deal hasn稚 been signed , legally in article 50 , we leave on wto terms.

But I知 expecting to get f***ed over anyway. If we are f***ed over What I would like to happen , is the Queen instructs the military to over throw the government, Guide as through wto , untill new political parties have been formed , then have a general election for these new parties.

#3 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 11 March 2019 - 12:49

View Poststokesie, on 11 March 2019 - 11:31, said:

They may vote to take no deal off the table , but it means nothing , it’s purely symbolic . It has no legal standing . What does have legal standing is that come 29 March if a deal hasn’t been signed , legally in article 50 , we leave on wto terms.

But I’m expecting to get f***ed over anyway. If we are f***ed over What I would like to happen , is the Queen instructs the military to over throw the government, Guide as through wto , untill new political parties have been formed , then have a general election for these new parties.

Lets hope you are right but i think may is being held to her promises by remainer yvette cooper who is an absolute idiot and nasty piece of work.

Remain mps plot to overturn the 2016 result and dominic grieve and old has been blair are well treacherous.

Henry the 8th would have severed their bodies from their heads.

Lucky they live in this age

#4 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 March 2019 - 00:20

This is a pure farce with a majority of remainers in parliament controlling brexit now.

More votes to come and more betrayal.

What i dont get is when mps have been told by the eu that they wont get anything than what has been offered, and this has been rejected by them, but now they have voted to rule out leaving with no deal ャ what do they think will change ?

#5 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:08

Basically, they are being forced to make a choice. Either take May's deal or delay it further.

The problem is that most MP's don't actually have a clue what they want as a Brexit deal, so they veto everything until the choice becomes limited enough so they can then say they took what was left. This will perversely allow them to keep their jobs.

Those that actually wanted "No Deal" were in the minority not only as members of parliament, but members of Europe (which at present, we still are).

What was May's deal or no deal, has become May's deal or no Brexit. They might now see May get her deal over the line. We will see.

I'm actually ok with a slow and softer Brexit, I hope this will allow a sensible departure where both the UK and Europe won't now be seen as trying to win a conflict. More that they are departing on agreed and less conflicting terms.

For all the media sensationalism, it's actually becoming clearer that it's not the parties of the UK that need to work closely together, it's our prime minister and Europe's leader that need to remain friends.

#6 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:05

View PostYidio Yidio, on 14 March 2019 - 01:08, said:

Basically, they are being forced to make a choice. Either take May's deal or delay it further.

The problem is that most MP's don't actually have a clue what they want as a Brexit deal, so they veto everything until the choice becomes limited enough so they can then say they took what was left. This will perversely allow them to keep their jobs.

Those that actually wanted "No Deal" were in the minority not only as members of parliament, but members of Europe (which at present, we still are).

What was May's deal or no deal, has become May's deal or no Brexit. They might now see May get her deal over the line. We will see.

I'm actually ok with a slow and softer Brexit, I hope this will allow a sensible departure where both the UK and Europe won't now be seen as trying to win a conflict. More that they are departing on agreed and less conflicting terms.

For all the media sensationalism, it's actually becoming clearer that it's not the parties of the UK that need to work closely together, it's our prime minister and Europe's leader that need to remain friends.

Well last nights vote isnt legally binding so we could still crash out without a deal on the 29th march.
However the eu and remainer mps are banking on a delay in the hope a 2nd referendum takes place because apparently we didnt know what we were doing in june 2016 ! and now we have all been enlightened by soubry, blair,boles and co what brexit actually entails in theory we should now vote to remain.
I wont change my vote but what i have learned is that mps are basically a pile of s*** and a waste of space ! self serving idiots who think they know best by working insidiously against a democratic vote.

They dont need to be knocking on my door when the next general election comes round because they will be thrown off my doorstep physically .

By the way ! bercow could veto may having a third go with her deal because nothing has changed ? why would parliament vote for it when it has to be taken on trust that the eu wont trap us in a customs union forever !

Would you trust them ??????? :grinny:

#7 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:41

MP's have voted against no deal, they have voted against May's deal. Today they vote on a delay to article (whatever).

If they vote against a delay, then basically that forces a decision between the two options above. If they vote to delay, then it will be a clear indication that parliament are working against any form of Brexit.

They truly are a collective of yellow livered gutless w***ers, they just don't have any cajoonies to make a decision.

This whole thing is a process of elimination, they have to make the decision making very easy for these to so called intelligent people. Some of them are thick as s***.

This post has been edited by Yidio Yidio: 14 March 2019 - 07:42

#8 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:57

View PostYidio Yidio, on 14 March 2019 - 07:41, said:

MP's have voted against no deal, they have voted against May's deal. Today they vote on a delay to article (whatever).

If they vote against a delay, then basically that forces a decision between the two options above. If they vote to delay, then it will be a clear indication that parliament are working against any form of Brexit.

They truly are a collective of yellow livered gutless w***ers, they just don't have any cajoonies to make a decision.

This whole thing is a process of elimination, they have to make the decision making very easy for these to so called intelligent people. Some of them are thick as s***.

Agree with you on all your comments above.

I can see the delay being voted for today...! Cant see any hope at all in a delay to brexit not occurring because there is an overwhelming remainer majority in parliament......! they are holding sway right now and even if labour mps dont agree to it they will just make it political in their battle to get the torys and mrs may out and corbyn in! they couldnt give a s*** about the country....! they will vote for the extension to article 50.

A delay is going to cost the uk billions as the eu have indicated as much as 10 billion per month might have to paid to them for any allowed extension.

Just a bit about horse racing.
Market rasen is on 8 consecutive odds on losers right now...! it would normally be a system bet for me today but looks like the first race odds on fav will at prohibitive odds. i saw 1-10 and odds of up to 1-4 is as much as i would go to.

Had it been 1-4 or better i would have done £200 win = to win £50 but at 1-10 i draw the line......!

Races 4 and 5 at the same meeting are also on consecutive losing odds on favs..........but i wont be getting involved.

#9 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:39

I think its stupid to say that they don't care about the country, they obviously care very much but its hard to change your views completely. May cannot suddenly believe that Leave is the best option for the country when she voted to remain. She, and many others, still want a good relationship with the EU whether we are in it or not. The problem here is that many people who were the faces of the Leave campaign have disappeared and are hiding under a table at home whilst the rest are trying to pick up the pieces of this mess.

- It is very easy for everyone to reject May's deal but a deal was always going to be very difficult to come up with because both sides do not want to appear weak. Both sides have to give something up or agree to things they don't want for a deal to go ahead.

- A no deal scenario would be a nightmare in the short term and it would take a long time to recover from I think (if ever).

The only sensible solution at the moment is to delay the process then and rethink the next steps. I don't understand this 'make Brexit happen right now' mentality. This is a decision that will affect the rest of our lives as well as those of our children and their children. How can you be asking for something so life-changing to be done quickly. Whether we will leave the EU or not I don't know but to suggest that it should be done right now no matter what seems a bit extreme to me.

#10 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:35

View PostChrisPienaar, on 14 March 2019 - 09:39, said:

I think its stupid to say that they don't care about the country, they obviously care very much but its hard to change your views completely. May cannot suddenly believe that Leave is the best option for the country when she voted to remain. She, and many others, still want a good relationship with the EU whether we are in it or not. The problem here is that many people who were the faces of the Leave campaign have disappeared and are hiding under a table at home whilst the rest are trying to pick up the pieces of this mess.

- It is very easy for everyone to reject May's deal but a deal was always going to be very difficult to come up with because both sides do not want to appear weak. Both sides have to give something up or agree to things they don't want for a deal to go ahead.

- A no deal scenario would be a nightmare in the short term and it would take a long time to recover from I think (if ever).

The only sensible solution at the moment is to delay the process then and rethink the next steps. I don't understand this 'make Brexit happen right now' mentality. This is a decision that will affect the rest of our lives as well as those of our children and their children. How can you be asking for something so life-changing to be done quickly. Whether we will leave the EU or not I don't know but to suggest that it should be done right now no matter what seems a bit extreme to me.

Everyone is entitled to their views so what you believe chris is ok by me..........i rarely get into disagreements on here anymore.

But what i would recommend is that you google the cost of the first referendum ! then say that the mps and has beens like tony blair who keep banging on about a 2nd one really care about the country.
The eu (i would imagine will allow an extension) ! but have a look at the billions they will be asking the uk to cough up in the event of the vote going that way tonight which according to yesterdays vote is really a certainty.

I cant see leave voters hiding themselves away as you are stating ! i see a remainer majority in parliament banding together attempting to prevent brexit.

Being 65 this year i lived pre joining the old common market ! everything was fine in those days so why shouldnt it be again.
Dont believe in all the scaremongering that the country will collapse..........! it wont.

Also if you have the time to do research look at how romanians are viewing things now they are in the eu, particularly the destruction of their forests for timber required by other eu nations.
With us its access to our waters and the dismantling of our fishing industry.
Tariffs on goods going from and coming to the uk are collected by the eu and charged a commission of 20 % before being passed onto the relevant country.

You also see how evil the club is by trying to use the irish border as a trap to keep us in a customs union.

I voted out 3 years ago and i have no reason to change my mind.

My missus wont ever vote again because she feels its a massive betrayal by those mps that were voted in to represent the people and the democratic vote of the people that they pledged to honour, but they are so obviously on their own agendas.

The whole lot of them are a pile of s***e & a total shambles.

#11 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 March 2019 - 14:37

As i said earlier those remainer mps who are h*ll bent on derailing brexit will pay for it in the next general election.

People like soubry had a leave majority but is ignoring her constituents to pursue her own beliefs.

She will be one of the first to be deselected along with nick boles and dominic grieve.

They will pay for their betrayal with their careers.

They may stop brexit but it will cost them in the long term.

#12 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 March 2019 - 14:52

View PostChrisPienaar, on 14 March 2019 - 09:39, said:

It's not being done quickly, they've had years and got nowhere. Now it all appears to be rushed, but that's only because they couldn't get anything done for far to long.

If delaying was to get a better deal then you'd have a point, but basically it's not about that. Delaying is not leaving, they voted against both leave choices and I don't see those choices changing, so if Leave is to be acknowledged, as they all keep saying it will, the only explanation to delay is to stop the process which was coming to a head. The people need to get angry with them, they've run away from a decision that took almost 3 years in the making in favour of sitting on the fence for a longer period in the hope some miracle will fall out the sky. Basically, they've put us on hold, whilst they crack poxy public school boy jokes and lap up the celebrity status that politics now commands.

I'm done with politics now, they can do whatever they will, I've wasted to much time making an effort to educate myself which has achieved nothing but extreme annoyance and frustration. I doubt I'll bother voting ever again. Self serving tossers every one of them.

#13 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:36

View PostYidio Yidio, on 14 March 2019 - 14:52, said:

It's not being done quickly, they've had years and got nowhere. Now it all appears to be rushed, but that's only because they couldn't get anything done for far to long.

If delaying was to get a better deal then you'd have a point, but basically it's not about that. Delaying is not leaving, they voted against both leave choices and I don't see those choices changing, so if Leave is to be acknowledged, as they all keep saying it will, the only explanation to delay is to stop the process which was coming to a head. The people need to get angry with them, they've run away from a decision that took almost 3 years in the making in favour of sitting on the fence for a longer period in the hope some miracle will fall out the sky. Basically, they've put us on hold, whilst they crack poxy public school boy jokes and lap up the celebrity status that politics now commands.

I'm done with politics now, they can do whatever they will, I've wasted to much time making an effort to educate myself which has achieved nothing but extreme annoyance and frustration. I doubt I'll bother voting ever again. Self serving tossers every one of them.

They have had 2/3 years but in that time there has been a prime minister leaving his post, an election, a vote of no confidence, several leading figures resigning from their post. There has been utter chaos in political terms since the vote. Yes, maybe even then they have still had time to come up with something but as I mentioned in my earlier post, this is bloody difficult to do properly. It really annoys me when people say 'just leave already and be done with it' as if we're breaking up with our girlfriend. We have to make sure that everything has been considered and things have been put in place for leaving the EU. Whether that takes 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 more years. This will have an effect (and a very different effect depending on where you live) on everyones lives. For us in Gibraltar we are facing some hard times, those in Northern Ireland are worried about their border and other issues with Ireland and I'm sure that others in different parts of the country are worried about their livelihoods and futures. This is going ahead, of that I'm sure, but it has to be something that works for everyone as best as possible and that may take more time.

#14 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:14

View PostChrisPienaar, on 15 March 2019 - 08:36, said:

They have had 2/3 years but in that time there has been a prime minister leaving his post, an election, a vote of no confidence, several leading figures resigning from their post. There has been utter chaos in political terms since the vote. Yes, maybe even then they have still had time to come up with something but as I mentioned in my earlier post, this is bloody difficult to do properly. It really annoys me when people say 'just leave already and be done with it' as if we're breaking up with our girlfriend. We have to make sure that everything has been considered and things have been put in place for leaving the EU. Whether that takes 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 more years. This will have an effect (and a very different effect depending on where you live) on everyones lives. For us in Gibraltar we are facing some hard times, those in Northern Ireland are worried about their border and other issues with Ireland and I'm sure that others in different parts of the country are worried about their livelihoods and futures. This is going ahead, of that I'm sure, but it has to be something that works for everyone as best as possible and that may take more time.

Chris !

You have to just leave because the eu are putting the ball in our court to come up with answers to problems their terrible deal has created that will appease parliament.

Lets get this straight because people dont seem to get it.

Th eu have offered us a deal that could potentially keep us trapped in the customs union ! we have asked for legal assurances that this trap they have created wont be permanent ! they are refusing to do this.

They are playing the blame game so it looks like the uk is creating all the mayhem which their deal is creating.

If they wont give legal assurances then they should give reasons for not doing so ! but this they are failing to do.

Extending the leave date is reckless because each month we pour more billions into eu coffers so of course they will allow an extension.
Apart from spain (who want gibraltar ) Apart from france (who want continued access to our fishing grounds) they will use this as a bargaining lever to get what they want.

These people are merciless and will use every trick in the book to get what they want plus barnier,juncter and tusk want the uk to keep pouring money in.

Best thing is get out but i am afraid with a remainer majority, plus a remainer speaker (bercow ) brexit for me is finsihed.
It wont happen.

As i said payback time will be the next general election when many remainer mps will pay for their treachery by losing their seats.
Grieve, soubry, boles,allen and co will be gone for what they are doing.

#15 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:55

Churchill will spinning in his grave . What a pathetic priminister. Pathetic selfish individuals within Parliament, trying to block the result . I will never vote for anything ever again now . We no longer live in a democratic country . We also no longer live in a free speech country either .
I知 now full plan ahead in moving to Adelaide , Australia. I知 done with this pathetic excuse for a country

#16 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 March 2019 - 13:44

View Poststokesie, on 15 March 2019 - 11:55, said:

Churchill will spinning in his grave . What a pathetic priminister. Pathetic selfish individuals within Parliament, trying to block the result . I will never vote for anything ever again now . We no longer live in a democratic country . We also no longer live in a free speech country either .
I知 now full plan ahead in moving to Adelaide , Australia. I知 done with this pathetic excuse for a country

Both the wife and myself are looking at property in france with loads of land.

You can sell your property over here for 」350,000 and buy a chateau out there and still have 」100,000 change in your bank account. :cheers:

#17 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2019 - 14:01

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 15 March 2019 - 13:44, said:

Both the wife and myself are looking at property in france with loads of land.

You can sell your property over here for 」350,000 and buy a chateau out there and still have 」100,000 change in your bank account. :cheers:

Please tell me this is ironic....

#18 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 March 2019 - 15:17

View PostArmchairSpurs, on 15 March 2019 - 14:01, said:

Please tell me this is ironic....

No not really we are going to do what all the mps representing us in parliament are doing.

Looking after their own interests.

Like stokesie we are aiming to get out of this s*** hole of a country.

Let the eu stitch it up and rule the uk and take billions from uk tax payers ! and do it with the blessing of certain politicians like soubry and grieve, nicola sturgeon and other obnoxious mps who have dissed the democratic vote and derailed brexit.

Not interested anymore to be honest.

#19 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 March 2019 - 19:06

View PostChrisPienaar, on 15 March 2019 - 08:36, said:

That's exactly the point, there isn't a deal that suits all, therefore democracy should go with a majority. The problem is that parliament won't do that and it's fundamentally wrong.

I have also heard that the Irish people are not so against the backstop, but the DUP are and they are the largest party although not representing the people either.

The blue print has been set by those refusing to accept the referendum, even now they still cling on to over turning that decision to withdraw from European rule. That's only been allowed to continue because of Parliament who have created all the problems you mention above through their inability to deliver a Brexit and half arsed ideas of how best to do it. Leave no deal could have been sorted by now, we'd have been ready enough if it had actually been decided upon. But we got nothing to prepare for just stalling, now we have more stalling. It's diabolical.

#20 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 March 2019 - 19:18

Politicians who refused May's deal are now seriously considering accepting it. They can now say a gun was held to their heads. This alone proves what a useless pile of p!ss they are. If it was refused for being a poor deal and No deal has been removed from the table with only delaying as an alternative. They should not accept it as it remains a poor deal.

Unless of course there is no other deal, not now , not in the future. Which begs the question of what on earth these muppets have been doing for almost 3 years. They've got all the cards, they can accept the deal then tell everyone they didn't want to but had no choice. Thus manipulating the situation rather than actually having any form of strong opinion of a Brexit deal. This alone should alarm the people of Brittan, they were sending us further into European rule with absolutely no plan to get out if needed. That was why so many voted out when they got the chance, these pricks don't really give a s*** whilst they sit in their ivory towers becoming further and further detached from the people who felt they were not represented in parliament. And we have definitely found this to be true.

Next time they decide to sit the country on the knee of Santa claus, maybe they'll actually have a plan.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users