Planet Spurs Forums: On the verge of history. - Planet Spurs Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

On the verge of history. Worst betrayal of british democracy ever.

#21 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:11

Now we are playing the brexit blame game ! Mps blame may and may blames them......and so it goes on but one thing to me is becoming very clear is that it wont happen.

So who is to blame ?

Its collectively quite a lot of factors.

Remain voters cite unfair tactics by leave promoters (no one influenced me how to vote) and so they wont give up trying to overturn the fact they lost.

Parliament was given the final say on how we proceed, but despite the people voting leave parliament being (remain majority) is h*ll bent on blocking it.

Corbyn is using brexit as a political weapon to oust the tories.

Bercow is abusing his power (he is meant to be neutral) by allowing certain amendments to be voted upon.

The snp rabble are using it to get another scottish independence vote ! nicola sturgeon personally wants to carve up the uk because she cant accept the 2014 vote of the scottish people.

Finally the eu want to retain control of the uk and have come up with a plan that potentially does exactly that.

You have to ask if mrs may resigns and parliament takes over control will the eu give them a better deal and why would they when they have already stated "end of negotiations " why are we going round in f***ing circles ?

Mrs may is guilty of carrying out "damage limitation " right up to the end in wanting to strike a deal with brussels when they so obviously decided the uk would be taught a lesson by daring to vote leave.

The only way to have dealt with brexit was to have left first and then dealt with the eu afterwards.

Could you see donald trump or margaret thatcher putting up with the eu,s intransigence ?

#22 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:34

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 21 March 2019 - 07:11, said:

Now we are playing the brexit blame game ! Mps blame may and may blames them......and so it goes on but one thing to me is becoming very clear is that it wont happen.

So who is to blame ?

Its collectively quite a lot of factors.

Remain voters cite unfair tactics by leave promoters (no one influenced me how to vote) and so they wont give up trying to overturn the fact they lost. You may have not but a lot of people were, whether they voted thinking that more money would go to the NHS or that immigration would be less, some people voted on those promises which were never going to happen. Given the small margin that has decided our fate it is not unreasonable to think that the vote won because of these lies.

Parliament was given the final say on how we proceed, but despite the people voting leave parliament being (remain majority) is h*ll bent on blocking it. They are not going to sanction a Brexit that will be detrimental to the country. They have been put in charge to do the best for the country. What is clear from this mess is the leaving is not the best option for the country, otherwise it would have been sorted by now. So what we are seeing is basically how can we leave with the least possible damage.

Corbyn is using brexit as a political weapon to oust the tories. The same way Cameron used the initial vote to gain support. The same way any politician uses anything to gain support.

Bercow is abusing his power (he is meant to be neutral) by allowing certain amendments to be voted upon. Order!

The snp rabble are using it to get another scottish independence vote ! nicola sturgeon personally wants to carve up the uk because she cant accept the 2014 vote of the scottish people. The Scottish agreed to remain with the UK but not to leave the EU. They actually voted 62% in favour to remain.

Finally the eu want to retain control of the uk and have come up with a plan that potentially does exactly that. The EU does not want to cut all ties with the UK obviosuly. They have been developing relationships over many years and the UK is a fairly powerful country. They see the UK as an ally i'm sure but don't think for a second that they are scared of the UK. The EU can only do what is good for the EU, whatever that means for the UK. Did anyone think they were going to make this easy? Why would they?

Could you see donald trump or margaret thatcher putting up with the eu,s intransigence ? Donald Trump would probably start a World War if he was truly given the power to do literally whatever he wanted. But I sometimes feel that some people almost want that to happen. The world has changed a lot trying to bring people together and fight for common goals but it seems that people are trying to undo all of it.
Global warming will kill us all soon enough anyway so who cares about anything anyway. :banana:

#23 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:51

It isnt mrs mays deal ! its actually all we could get from your beloved EU.
Parliament is in reality rejecting tusk and junckters deal for the uk......! god knows why may is pushing for this deal from these self serving idiots ?

However your beloved parliament is doing all the right things in rejecting the awful eu deal but directing the failure at theresa may ! she is on a damage limitation charge that isnt working because of eu intransigence !

Its easy to shift the blame onto theresa may because it absolves your heroes (the eu) of any wrong doing.

Why dont you people understand that we want to trade with them but dont want to be ruled by them.

Why is that too hard to get through?

The answer was "To leave the f***ing w***ers first " and then do a deal with them after we have left.

Changes the scenario of bargaining completely.

I despair of human reasoning sometimes :grinny:

#24 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 21 March 2019 - 17:56

I've just put 5 on Bercow winning strictly in the next 10 years. The odds are actually bigger than him turning up in the next instalment of "Lord of the Rings" .

After all, he is the most precious of all hobbits

#25 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:44

I tried to return comments on your retorts in relevant order as you did but couldnt find a way to do so lets take your replies in order.
Reply to your reply 1)
Thats the usual remainer garbage spouted out to justify continued and incessant opposition to and in order to hi jack brexit.

Reply to your reply 2)
So those remainer mps that oppose brexit (and they have a majority in parliament) are doing whats best for the country ? (thats your opinion) so pro brexit mps arent then ?

Reply to your reply 3)
Seperate issues really ! but corbyn would even be against the eu giving us £39 bill on leaving if it meant he could disagree with anything the government did ! thats how ridiculous the bloke is.
Reply to your reply 4)
Obvious another remianer loser who cannot accept a democratic vote.
Reply to your reply 5)
I am aware the scots voted remain.
Nicola sturgeon rams it down our throats enough ! maybe we should let the scots decide the whole fate of the uk in future. :grinny:

Reply to your reply 6)
The eu want to continue to control us and you think its ok ?

Reply to your reply 7)
Why the f*** would donald trump want a world war?

Reply to your reply 8)
Seems you care about a lot of things to do with brexit ! you have enough to say on justifying remains interference in the process of it. :cheers:

#26 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 March 2019 - 13:27

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 22 March 2019 - 09:44, said:

I tried to return comments on your retorts in relevant order as you did but couldnt find a way to do so lets take your replies in order.
Reply to your reply 1)
Thats the usual remainer garbage spouted out to justify continued and incessant opposition to and in order to hi jack brexit. Perhaps it is, I guess we will never know anyway. At the end of the day the vote was carried out and thats that really. I have mentioned before that I do agree that what has been voted for must happen and we cannot and should not ask for a 2nd referendum nor 'cancel' Brexit. I just don't think that it was done at a good time when EVERYONE (On both sides) was fully informed of what was happening/going to happen. Perhaps after finding out all the facts the vote would still have been to leave, who knows.

Reply to your reply 2)
So those remainer mps that oppose brexit (and they have a majority in parliament) are doing whats best for the country ? (thats your opinion) so pro brexit mps arent then ? I said nothing on the matter of it being pro or anti brexit MPs. They are collectively doing whats best for the country. Some of the Remain MPs may feel a 'no deal' is better and some Leave MPs may feel a deal needs to be struck. I would hope that no one in parliament is hoping that this turns out badly just to prove a point. What I do feel is that this is a big risk that the UK is taking and its not something that is being done lightly. Perhaps the risk will turn out well but its the uncertainty of some things that are worrying people.

Reply to your reply 3)
Seperate issues really ! but corbyn would even be against the eu giving us £39 bill on leaving if it meant he could disagree with anything the government did ! thats how ridiculous the bloke is. We can agree that he is an idiot as are a lot of politicians. :cheers:

Reply to your reply 4)
Obvious another remianer loser who cannot accept a democratic vote. Order!

Reply to your reply 5)
I am aware the scots voted remain.
Nicola sturgeon rams it down our throats enough ! maybe we should let the scots decide the whole fate of the uk in future. :grinny: Maybe! It would be interesting :grinny:

Reply to your reply 6)
The eu want to continue to control us and you think its ok ? You speak of the EU as if it is a person or one country in particular that is running the show. It is made up of representatives from all countries, they are not overseeing aliens from distant planets dictating what the UK should do, though sometimes they may seem that way. I agree that the EU is not perfect but it is not all doom and gloom either?

Reply to your reply 7)
Why the f*** would donald trump want a world war? He's insane

Reply to your reply 8)
Seems you care about a lot of things to do with brexit ! you have enough to say on justifying remains interference in the process of it. :cheers:
It all comes out of frustration and the fact that I live in Gibraltar. A lot of our trade/business exists here because we can offer tax benefits as well as being in the EU. We have already had businesses packing up and leaving due to the vote and I'm sure more will follow when we leave once and for all.
If I was a UK resident perhaps I wouldn't be so worried. I know that when push comes to shove, the UK will not back us as much as they would back other parts of the UK. I know that if something needs to be agreed and the only issue is Gibraltar then we will end up suffering. I know that if we leave without a deal and Spain tries to make our lives impossible that we will have no defence. For a long time now we have always been seen as the son the UK never wanted. We were almost handed over to Spain by the UK only 15 years ago or so - which is why I trust the EU about as much as I trust the UK. I don't buy into the whole end of the world scenario that is being painted for the UK, I think some things may be trickier than before but you'll be fine. The best thing that can happen is for the EU to completely collapse at this point and countries to make deals with eachother.

I do hope that this is finally decided once and for all though. I am sick of this dominating the headlines every day. The longer it goes on the more uncertain everything becomes. What is for sure is that the EU will be weaker without the UK in it. I'm just hopeful that we (Gibraltar) won't suffer too much as a result of leaving.

#27 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 March 2019 - 14:01

Well all i can say is that being a market trader i have met a lot of people over the years.

When cameron called the referendum in 2016 i knew exactly what was going to happen because british people were disillusioned over being a part of the eu....! (these were the vibes i was getting)

To bailing out greece for one / having our courts decisions overruled by the ecj/ by being forced to take so many immigrants/from our fishing industry being dismantled while the french, dutch, spanish plunder our fishing grounds.

Cameron was bashing the remain button to all and sundry but the mood of the people that i was experiencing at markets was reflected in the vote.

Remainiacs are like children in the playground ! you lost but of course everyone must have cheated.

We joined the old common market to trade with them not to be ruled by them and that is what has happened and that is why people voted leave.

I give people more credit for working things out for themselves and not keep banging on about how they were lied to etc etc.

That is such a tired remainiac excuse.

#28 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 March 2019 - 18:25

You have to remember how the referendum actually came about.

People started to protest vote and used UKIP for that purpose. This in turn started to dilute the vote away from the traditional parties of Labour and Tory. This was why a referendum was granted in part by Cameron. Nothing to do with the actual referendum campaigns, so the lied to stance is on rocky ground, even more so when not many manifesto's put forward before a general election stand firm afterwards. We're lied to every time we vote.

So back to the reason's why people started to protest vote, basically it was put forward that many felt they were not represented by either party and didn't have a voice or were just being ignored.

That I'm afraid to say seems to be the over riding problem even now. The people voted to leave with a fairly small majority, but parliament wants to remain as a large majority. I think we can all agree there is definate misrepresentation in evidence.

#29 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 March 2019 - 06:19

View PostYidio Yidio, on 22 March 2019 - 18:25, said:

You have to remember how the referendum actually came about.

People started to protest vote and used UKIP for that purpose. This in turn started to dilute the vote away from the traditional parties of Labour and Tory. This was why a referendum was granted in part by Cameron. Nothing to do with the actual referendum campaigns, so the lied to stance is on rocky ground, even more so when not many manifesto's put forward before a general election stand firm afterwards. We're lied to every time we vote.

So back to the reason's why people started to protest vote, basically it was put forward that many felt they were not represented by either party and didn't have a voice or were just being ignored.

That I'm afraid to say seems to be the over riding problem even now. The people voted to leave with a fairly small majority, but parliament wants to remain as a large majority. I think we can all agree there is definate misrepresentation in evidence.

Very reasoned post yidio and hits the nail right on the head !

What i find "Really Weird " is that the EU are not being subject to much blame about what is going on ! particularly since it is their withdrawal agreement that is causing all the mayhem and discourse in parliament ? a withdrawal agreement that has all the odds stacked in their favour plus 39 bill pay off from the uk, but that is being rejected by parliament because of its ability to keep the uk trapped via the irish backstop.

As much as may is at fault for backing this deal and trying to force the hands of parliament it is in reality the eu who are causing all the problems.
Its like banging your head up against a brick wall :grr:

As i have said many times "brexit wont happen " and thats when the trouble will start. :shock: :shock:

#30 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 March 2019 - 01:35

Thanks, I have my moments.

I don't really get to far into what might happen if we don't leave, but it could easily become the worse possible out come. It dosen't get much acknowledgement, it's the scottish play of Brexit.

#31 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 March 2019 - 02:56

View PostYidio Yidio, on 24 March 2019 - 01:35, said:

Thanks, I have my moments.

I don't really get to far into what might happen if we don't leave, but it could easily become the worse possible out come. It dosen't get much acknowledgement, it's the scottish play of Brexit.

Personally i find it exasperating how brussels dont have to do a thing ? just give us a rotten deal and sit there and watch us implode upon ourselves.

It is really frustrating.

Everyone else is getting the blame apart from the eu.

People are so paranoid the country will fall apart if we leave without a deal ! what the f*** did we do before 1975 ?

We had a democratic vote that some wont ever accept and that shows the worse of human nature.

The result wasnt what some wanted and now all those losers want to have a re-run.

The first referendum cost £129.1 mill ! lets put taxes up to pay for the next one and see how the tw*ts feel about that before marching into london.

What made me cringe was sturgeon banging on about solidarity with the scots coming down in support of the march yesterday.
The daft cow is such a hypocrite ! she doesnt want to be part of the uk anyway ! she and ian blackford are always banging the drum about another scottish independence vote.
Another bunch of w***ers who cant accept the 2014 vote they had up there with salmond.

#32 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:14

Yep, I agree, if Brexit had actually been triggered and people were marching against the effects I'd see it as a far more worthy opinion, but a march to block the results of a democratic vote doesn't sit well at all.

My view on the Scottish situation is that Sturgeon is playing a dangerous game of bluff and ignoring the path the voters made clear. They wanted to remain but wouldn't leave Britain to do so because it's possible Europe wouldn't be good for them as an independent country. My view is that whilst Scotland leaving the UK isn't my preferred choice, I'd be willing to give Sturgeon as much rope as she wants, I've had enough of her blackmail tactics. They can vote again and again and again until she ruins her political career or becomes queen of Scotland. Sitting in a political void of blaming Brexit for all negatives whilst it cannot reply with any positives because it hasn't actually happened yet is being used for it's worth. Until that window of political bliss gets slammed shut the remain campaign won't shut up.

This is why I'm turning my head away from politics, the remain argument sits in a very strong position of blaming the effects of Brexit for all job losses etc. Yet Brexit cannot perform in response. Apathy will win the argument, but that's slow and rather weak IMO.

#33 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 March 2019 - 12:11

View PostYidio Yidio, on 24 March 2019 - 10:14, said:

Yep, I agree, if Brexit had actually been triggered and people were marching against the effects I'd see it as a far more worthy opinion, but a march to block the results of a democratic vote doesn't sit well at all.

My view on the Scottish situation is that Sturgeon is playing a dangerous game of bluff and ignoring the path the voters made clear. They wanted to remain but wouldn't leave Britain to do so because it's possible Europe wouldn't be good for them as an independent country. My view is that whilst Scotland leaving the UK isn't my preferred choice, I'd be willing to give Sturgeon as much rope as she wants, I've had enough of her blackmail tactics. They can vote again and again and again until she ruins her political career or becomes queen of Scotland. Sitting in a political void of blaming Brexit for all negatives whilst it cannot reply with any positives because it hasn't actually happened yet is being used for it's worth. Until that window of political bliss gets slammed shut the remain campaign won't shut up.

This is why I'm turning my head away from politics, the remain argument sits in a very strong position of blaming the effects of Brexit for all job losses etc. Yet Brexit cannot perform in response. Apathy will win the argument, but that's slow and rather weak IMO.

Once again yids i cant disagree with anything you are saying.

Yes apathy is an insidious affliction and i am personally on the verge of giving up on what i voted for because i dont see any pro brexit mps defending the cause ! its all about the remain section that lost but overall will win the day.

Once brexit is in the hands of parliament its all over because of the remainiac majority.

Their abject cause is to revoke article 50 and once they have done that they have carried out their ultimate aim cancelling brexit.

The fall out of all that will be massive ! deselection come the next general election is one of the consequences but the point here is that they have carried out their objective.
There are also angry young men out there who say they are british and not european ! not all the young wanted to remain.

You can view pro brexit youth who are really militant on the net.

The worst is yet to come but for me brexit is gone.

#34 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 March 2019 - 13:10

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 24 March 2019 - 12:11, said:

Once again yids i cant disagree with anything you are saying.

Yes apathy is an insidious affliction and i am personally on the verge of giving up on what i voted for because i dont see any pro brexit mps defending the cause ! its all about the remain section that lost but overall will win the day.

Once brexit is in the hands of parliament its all over because of the remainiac majority.

Their abject cause is to revoke article 50 and once they have done that they have carried out their ultimate aim cancelling brexit.

The fall out of all that will be massive ! deselection come the next general election is one of the consequences but the point here is that they have carried out their objective.
There are also angry young men out there who say they are british and not european ! not all the young wanted to remain.

You can view pro brexit youth who are really militant on the net.

The worst is yet to come but for me brexit is gone.

Yep. the consequences won't be good, I lived through times of a disgruntled youth, but this is different, democracy always stood firm against such things. Not sure what would galvanise a nation if democracy fails.

#35 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:05

View PostYidio Yidio, on 24 March 2019 - 13:10, said:

Not sure what would galvanise a nation if democracy fails.

Tonight will be the death of brexit when mps take it over and start dismantling it because they know better than the 17.4 mill who won the vote.
They think they are immune to the fallout and backlash of defying the democratic vote.

May was right ! they are all a rabble who want boiling in their own s***. :grinny:

#36 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 March 2019 - 11:42

Just leave..........no deal..............not interested in a deal macron dominated because he has problems with the british...

Lets leave this s***ty organisation now. :cheers:

#37 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 March 2019 - 15:29

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 24 March 2019 - 02:56, said:

Personally i find it exasperating how brussels dont have to do a thing ? just give us a rotten deal and sit there and watch us implode upon ourselves.

It is really frustrating.

Everyone else is getting the blame apart from the eu.

People are so paranoid the country will fall apart if we leave without a deal ! what the f*** did we do before 1975 ?

We had a democratic vote that some wont ever accept and that shows the worse of human nature.

The result wasnt what some wanted and now all those losers want to have a re-run.

The first referendum cost 129.1 mill ! lets put taxes up to pay for the next one and see how the tw*ts feel about that before marching into london.

What made me cringe was sturgeon banging on about solidarity with the scots coming down in support of the march yesterday.
The daft cow is such a hypocrite ! she doesnt want to be part of the uk anyway ! she and ian blackford are always banging the drum about another scottish independence vote.
Another bunch of w***ers who cant accept the 2014 vote they had up there with salmond.

Agree with everything you have said BB. I voted out but if the vote had been to remain I would have accepted it. I actually believe in DEMOCRACY.

Salmon and Sturgeon could not accept the vote in Scotland because they wanted things THEIR WAY. In England there are many remain MP's who want things THEIR WAY too, so basically f*** the people they are supposed to be representing. What irritates me is the fact that they think that a lot of people who voted out didn't know what they were doing. Although I can see both sides of Brexit and Remain I knew EXACTLY what I was doing when I voted out. In fact I don't know anyone that didn't.

We surely can't have ANOTHER referendum with all the costs involved. It makes a mockery of democracy and is an insult to the people that wanted out. (Basically, you're a brainless lot and didn't understand the repercussions). I would have been disappointed if the vote had been to remain but I would have abided by it and I wouldn't have been throwing all my toys out of the pram. When you look at all the clowns we have got in Parliament on both sides it makes you realize how so out of touch with the people they are. The whole charade has been absolutely pitiful.

#38 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 March 2019 - 15:44

View PostLonspurs, on 28 March 2019 - 15:29, said:

Agree with everything you have said BB. I voted out but if the vote had been to remain I would have accepted it. I actually believe in DEMOCRACY.

Salmon and Sturgeon could not accept the vote in Scotland because they wanted things THEIR WAY. In England there are many remain MP's who want things THEIR WAY too, so basically f*** the people they are supposed to be representing. What irritates me is the fact that they think that a lot of people who voted out didn't know what they were doing. Although I can see both sides of Brexit and Remain I knew EXACTLY what I was doing when I voted out. In fact I don't know anyone that didn't.

We surely can't have ANOTHER referendum with all the costs involved. It makes a mockery of democracy and is an insult to the people that wanted out. (Basically, you're a brainless lot and didn't understand the repercussions). I would have been disappointed if the vote had been to remain but I would have abided by it and I wouldn't have been throwing all my toys out of the pram. When you look at all the clowns we have got in Parliament on both sides it makes you realize how so out of touch with the people they are. The whole charade has been absolutely pitiful.

Absolute spot on post.

We should be leaving tomorrow but have been fobbed off.

We should just leave and then say to the eu "we are here if you want to trade with us " " if not thats ok also "

FFS lets just leave !

#39 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 March 2019 - 10:23

I think this massively over hyped day of politics sums everything up quite well....false dawn.

#40 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 March 2019 - 13:58

If nothing else this debacle has taught me how stupid our elected mps are.

The obvious thing to do was to carry out the wish of the british people and leave after the result asap.

All our elected mps should be working toward this goal and not squabbling among themselves.

What i personally saw as distasteful was some mps looking at their phones while their colleagues were putting their views forward.

Says it all really that the people in charge of the uk are only interested in their own small worlds.

These idiots have done all what the eu thought they would do ! dismantle brexit.

The answer was "LEAVE & THEN NEGOTIATE "

Absolutely clueless and really now getting boring because no one will compromise for the well being of the country.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users