Planet Spurs Forums: Zinedine Zidane returns to Real Madrid - Planet Spurs Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Zinedine Zidane returns to Real Madrid

#1 User is offline   South Florida Spur 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:03

So ZZ conveniently returns to Madrid after he avoided the inevitable drop in the team’s fortune with Ronaldo departing. Now he looks like a hero returning.

Lightning doesn’t strike twice in the same place and I think that Zidane will not reach the same level of success the second time around. He was near perfect, anything else will tarnish the shine a bit.

No love for Real here (I detest all the Spanish teams) but once again they're going to do their usual splash the cash around to fix their problems by buying other teams talent. The fix won’t come as quickly as they would like. I hope the Gareth Bale contract handicaps them as no sane squad under proper management will want to take on that huge salary.

It will be beautiful to watch them fail for a couple years (if it lasts that long). :praying:
-Member of The Fort Lauderdale Massive: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Club-

#2 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 March 2019 - 23:18

Agree with you mate. Zidane has played it well by leaving when he did, there's a lot of talk of him having had assurances on transfers to take the job back but Madrid just don't have the money to buy anyone like they used to. I think Hazard will happen but Mbappe and Neymar won't. Be very interesting what happens with Bale.

#3 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 14 March 2019 - 00:03

Must have been told how much is available, or he told them how much he wanted to spend. Or of course, he's only there until the summer.

Anyone know the length of contract ?

#4 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:16

I can't see anything other than a bit of a reshuffle at Madrid this summer.

They have plenty of players to sell (or players that want to leave):

- Bale (£50m)
- Kovacic (£40m)
- Isco (£50m)
- Keylor Navas (£30m)
- Ceballos (£30m)

Along with any lesser known fringe players. Of course some of these players may get happier now that Zidane is back?

I've put some figures in brackets that are obviously estimates but if they could get those figures or close enough (or more), Thats about £200m recouped without losing any of their key players. As we know some of these players may be used as bait in a swap deal.

I think they will look to make a few statement signings this summer. They need to sign some 'Galacticos' to get themselves back to the top. I would expect to see them make moves for - Hazard, Eriksen, Neymar and maybe others. I'm sure Madrid will find a way to come up with the money.

#5 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 March 2019 - 15:24

Isco will stay I reckon. He was a regular under Zidane.

The rest you're probably right.

They'll get Hazard but don't see them getting Neymar. Eriksen is possible unfortunately.

#6 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 March 2019 - 17:34

They havenít wasted any time, already signed a 21 years old defender from Porto for next season.

If we are to sell Eriksen I hope it doesnít drag on for too long and become the next saga we have to deal all summer with.

#7 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 March 2019 - 17:38

if they're prepared to spend £43M on a 21 year old defender, I'd hope we'll get at least 100 off em for Eriksen.

#8 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 14 March 2019 - 19:24

Not sure we have a very strong hand over Eriksen. Only a year left on his contract so it'll be interesting to see how much Levy can get. It will drag on unfortunately.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users