Planet Spurs Forums: Cristiano Ronaldo 3, Atletico Madrid 0 - Planet Spurs Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cristiano Ronaldo 3, Atletico Madrid 0

#1 User is offline   South Florida Spur 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:09

Simply an amazing performance by the legend as he destroyed Atletico in dramatic come from behind fashion. Followed the match progress on the cell phone as it happened, and then just finished watching the recording when I came home from work.

Would love to for Spurs to play CR7 in the UCL Final (after defeating Ajax and Bayern along the way :grinny: ) with the clock striking midnight on the end of what would be a super hyped Madrid homecoming storyline for Ronaldo ending in Spurs glory at the Wanda. :spurs:
-Member of The Fort Lauderdale Massive: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Club-

#2 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:25

One of the greatest players we will ever see in our lifetime no doubt. What an athlete and serial goalscorer. Wasn't sure if Juventus would be able to break down what is normally a very strong Atletico defence but its a different story when you have Ronaldo in your team.

#3 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 March 2019 - 15:00

he's a freak.

I initially wanted Juve in the draw so we could get our revenge, now I hope we avoid them. Just feel he's going to drag them to the final one way or another.

#4 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 13 March 2019 - 18:18

I fancied Juve at the start of the comp. But have to say thought they'd blown this in the away leg. Ronaldo for me is a better all round player than Messi. I've said that for quite a while now.

Have to say I find him annoyingly arrogant although as he's aged, he's become far less of a tool.

#5 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:09

View PostYidio Yidio, on 13 March 2019 - 18:18, said:

I fancied Juve at the start of the comp. But have to say thought they'd blown this in the away leg. Ronaldo for me is a better all round player than Messi. I've said that for quite a while now.

Have to say I find him annoyingly arrogant although as he's aged, he's become far less of a tool.

Not comparable though. Was at Barça A few ago and I've never have seen a player who does what messi does. He keeps blowing your mind, defenders fall over because they can't follow st cetera. Really incredible. Ronaldo is an insane goals scored, but far less polished? I think that's the best word.

#6 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:37

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 28 March 2019 - 06:09, said:

Not comparable though. Was at Barça A few ago and I've never have seen a player who does what messi does. He keeps blowing your mind, defenders fall over because they can't follow st cetera. Really incredible. Ronaldo is an insane goals scored, but far less polished? I think that's the best word.

I think Messi has had the benefit of playing for a better team in terms of a plan/style/philosophy. I think Barca and Argentina underline that perfectly. My fav Barca player was Xavi, and I don't think Barca have ever replaced him properly.

I just think Ronnie has ability in ever area, in the air, on the ground. Messi is a magician, but if I was manager of Blackpool and I had the choice I pick Ronnie over Messi.

#7 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 March 2019 - 02:32

Agree with you Yids but having seen both live Messi is the one I'd rather watch week in week out. Absolutely phenomenal what he does with a football. No one comes close really. Also considering he's a midget to still be bagging that many goals when he can't use natural physical ability to outmuscle players or score headers shows what a freak he is when it comes to skill and ability.

But if my team is playing badly and I need a goal in the last 5 mins, Ronaldo is the player I'd like to see in the box. He's also adapted his game to make up for not having the pace he did at 27 and is still performing at the absolute highest level. Very few are good enough to change role late in their career and he just as effective as they were when they were younger.

#8 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 March 2019 - 10:17

It's all fair opinion, but I used to watch Barca just to watch Xavi do what he did. I can say I don't enjoy watching them as much now as back then (on TV). But I am fully aware that opponents have a better idea how to play against them these days.

Never really enjoyed watching Madrid as much, even the galacticos of Zidane etc. didn't really hold my attention much. Took more notice just following Bale when he joined.

I suppose my choice of Ronnie is because he's done it in more than one place and Messi's International career remains the oddity of his.

This post has been edited by Yidio Yidio: 29 March 2019 - 10:22

#9 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 March 2019 - 14:24

Incredible footballer

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic