Planet Spurs Forums: Brexit - planetspurs poll - Planet Spurs Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brexit - planetspurs poll

Poll: Brexit - planetspurs poll

What do you want to happen?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 14 March 2019 - 18:47

Been a lengthy discussion. Thanks to those who have joined in for keeping it civil!

Thought it would be interesting to just do a poll for what you would like to happen know. I suspect I know what will win the vote, but be interested to see nonetheless.

Whether you're pro or anti Brexit, Tory, Labour, UKIP or Green I think we can all agree it's a bloody mess at the moment. What would you like to see happen next?

#2 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 14 March 2019 - 18:52

View Posttomtom, on 14 March 2019 - 18:47, said:

Been a lengthy discussion. Thanks to those who have joined in for keeping it civil!

Thought it would be interesting to just do a poll for what you would like to happen know. I suspect I know what will win the vote, but be interested to see nonetheless.

Whether you're pro or anti Brexit, Tory, Labour, UKIP or Green I think we can all agree it's a bloody mess at the moment. What would you like to see happen next?

For me the most important thing is that we respect the democratic vote ! all mps have this duty and should be working as a whole to get the best deal from the eu.

It was always going to be hard to negotiate with the eu but for certain uk mps to side with them to derail brexit is shameful.

I lived in an era pre common market and we didnt have any problems coping pre 1975.

Why should it be any different now. ?

#3 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 14 March 2019 - 19:19

The only thing now on the table is May's deal, I'd take that over a lengthy delay purely because I've lost faith in politicians of all parties ever getting around a table and thrashing out anything better. Which is the nonsense they are coming out with to secure another delay.

The country might well not be fully ready, but I don't see it getting any better. Enough is enough, they've wasted to much time already.

#4 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:23

As i said guys ! a complete stitch up........! brexit for me is finished now.

This was lost when parliament was given the power to call the tune.

With a majority of remain mps plus a remainer speaker (bercow) we all knew where this was heading to.

To extend the leave date is just pouring more money into eu coffers ! what will it achieve when the eu wont budge on the backstop.....! in three months time we will be back to where we are today.

May as well remain and keep being a subservient nation to the eu.
Let the french and dutch keep plundering our fishing grounds.

I feel let down by farage as he should have been a lot more active in all this but all he did was air his views on lbc radio.
Pathetic

#5 User is offline   old spur 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2019 - 16:30

Can understand the people voting for the May deal, and I can understand people voting for no deal, but why the h*ll is anyone ignoring democracy. Like it or not we voted OUT. Yes, the leavers may have told a few fibs. but let's face it, if you believed the remainers we would have already gone bust, and the country would have folded. Even the top man at the bank of England has made a major fool of himself.

The funny thing about the EU is that the people who voted remain tend to be younger, and it is those who will suffer long term if we stay in, whilst the older generation who bye and large have voted leave, are those who won't benefit at all. We are one of a few countries in the EU who are net contributors. That it is equivalent to putting a 100 in a bank account only to receive 95 back at the end of the year. The other 5 goes to a country that hasn't bothered to improve their infrastructure. Our UK businesses stopped training people years ago because they know they can employ foreign workers who are already trained and will work for less. Taking doctors and nurses from countries who have spent money training them up is just immoral. We can then move on to having our own laws, but at this moment my blood is starting to boil, so I shall shut up !

#6 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 May 2019 - 16:36

View Postold spur, on 21 May 2019 - 16:30, said:

Can understand the people voting for the May deal, and I can understand people voting for no deal, but why the h*ll is anyone ignoring democracy. Like it or not we voted OUT. Yes, the leavers may have told a few fibs. but let's face it, if you believed the remainers we would have already gone bust, and the country would have folded. Even the top man at the bank of England has made a major fool of himself.

The funny thing about the EU is that the people who voted remain tend to be younger, and it is those who will suffer long term if we stay in, whilst the older generation who bye and large have voted leave, are those who won't benefit at all. We are one of a few countries in the EU who are net contributors. That it is equivalent to putting a 100 in a bank account only to receive 95 back at the end of the year. The other 5 goes to a country that hasn't bothered to improve their infrastructure. Our UK businesses stopped training people years ago because they know they can employ foreign workers who are already trained and will work for less. Taking doctors and nurses from countries who have spent money training them up is just immoral. We can then move on to having our own laws, but at this moment my blood is starting to boil, so I shall shut up !

Dont shut up but take a look at what we contribute to french agriculture ? ffs google it ! and they get access to our fishing grounds.

f*** them off out the users.

#7 User is offline   old spur 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2019 - 17:01

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 21 May 2019 - 16:36, said:

Dont shut up but take a look at what we contribute to french agriculture ? ffs google it ! and they get access to our fishing grounds.

f*** them off out the users.

But surely, doesn't the fact the French own all our power entitle them to what ever they want ?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users