• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Summer Activity 2019

#1 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:35

If we are to believe media outlets it sounds like we are gearing up for a busy summer.

Levy once again is quoted as saying "the new stadium wont effect transfer activity" Where and when did we hear that before? :rolleyes:

Eriksen looks gone while with toby it depends if someone wants to come in with £25 mill for a player 30 years old now.

Rumours for eriksen is that levy will ask £200 mill ? cant see it myself as the player is inconsistent.....! a good player but definitely not effective 100 % a season.......! i can see £100 mill being accepted and with that one player we end up in profit from the summer of 2013 when bale went and in trundled the hapless 7 (eriksen apart) Was that really 6 years ago now ? :blink:

Rumours abound we are going back in for grealish and a bid of £40 mill is being prepared for the overrated sessegnon who has failed to impress in the prem for fulham ! however we mustnt forget he is only 18 and maybe poch can bring the player on.

Sounds like a loan back to fulham for 2019/20 season if we do strike a deal for him.

Zaha once again has been mentioned plus his crystal palace mate right back aaron wan-bissaka but palace are notoriously difficult to deal with and we have a bit of bad blood with them from the signing of john bostock years ago ! Wonder what happened to him ? :grinny: oh yeah he plays for toulouse now ! good for him . :rolleyes:

#2 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 18 March 2019 - 07:23

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 18 March 2019 - 06:35, said:

If we are to believe media outlets it sounds like we are gearing up for a busy summer.

Levy once again is quoted as saying "the new stadium wont effect transfer activity" Where and when did we hear that before? :rolleyes:

Eriksen looks gone while with toby it depends if someone wants to come in with £25 mill for a player 30 years old now.

Rumours for eriksen is that levy will ask £200 mill ? cant see it myself as the player is inconsistent.....! a good player but definitely not effective 100 % a season.......! i can see £100 mill being accepted and with that one player we end up in profit from the summer of 2013 when bale went and in trundled the hapless 7 (eriksen apart) Was that really 6 years ago now ? :blink:

Rumours abound we are going back in for grealish and a bid of £40 mill is being prepared for the overrated sessegnon who has failed to impress in the prem for fulham ! however we mustnt forget he is only 18 and maybe poch can bring the player on.

Sounds like a loan back to fulham for 2019/20 season if we do strike a deal for him.

Zaha once again has been mentioned plus his crystal palace mate right back aaron wan-bissaka but palace are notoriously difficult to deal with and we have a bit of bad blood with them from the signing of john bostock years ago ! Wonder what happened to him ? :grinny: oh yeah he plays for toulouse now ! good for him . :rolleyes:

Wan bissaka and Zaha would be two excellent signings for us. Also we need a midfielder, maybe grealish could be a good signing?

#3 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:57

Would love AWB from Palace, exact type of Rb we need, unfortunately Trips seems to have left all form at the WC, saying that a lot of players from the WC have flattered to deceive since.

Personally looking at what we need and going within our current model i wouldn't mind going for the following.

Callum Wilson - Bournemouth
Bissaka - Palace
Grimaldo - Benfica
Bailly/Brandt - Leverkusen
Lorenzo Moran - Betis
Aouar/N'Dombele - Lyon
Arvin Appiah - Nottingham Forest

#4 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:50

View PostHurrikane, on 18 March 2019 - 09:57, said:

Would love AWB from Palace, exact type of Rb we need, unfortunately Trips seems to have left all form at the WC, saying that a lot of players from the WC have flattered to deceive since.

Personally looking at what we need and going within our current model i wouldn't mind going for the following.

Callum Wilson - Bournemouth
Bissaka - Palace
Grimaldo - Benfica
Bailly/Brandt - Leverkusen
Lorenzo Moran - Betis
Aouar/N'Dombele - Lyon
Arvin Appiah - Nottingham Forest

I think we may be looking at English talent where possible, I would add:

Ben Chilwell - Leicester
Jack Clarke - Leeds
Ward-Prowse - Southampton
Jarrod Bowen - Hull
Jack Grealish - A Villa

I would imagine we will go for a mix of young English talent and a couple of experienced players. We are still being linked to Sessegnon even though he has had a tough first premiership season. The lad is only 18 though so could have a bright future.

#5 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2019 - 12:10

With Vorm and Dembele going and the possibility of Toby and Eriksen, none home grown players shouldn't be a issue. My worry is that most players linked or talked about by ourselves are prospects or types of players we have oodles of. If only we still had Gylfi he could easily fill in for Christian. N'Dombele is the only one that stands out to me from the ones mentioned, I would add Giovani Lo Celso from Betis but he's only 22 too. I Would like a 25 year old established player who plays centre mid that can set up goals, we have loads of finishers in Dele, Lamela, Sonny and Moura, not many providers. All the ones mentioned are finishers or kids

#6 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 March 2019 - 13:21

View Postfentonroad, on 18 March 2019 - 12:10, said:

With Vorm and Dembele going and the possibility of Toby and Eriksen, none home grown players shouldn't be a issue. My worry is that most players linked or talked about by ourselves are prospects or types of players we have oodles of. If only we still had Gylfi he could easily fill in for Christian. N'Dombele is the only one that stands out to me from the ones mentioned, I would add Giovani Lo Celso from Betis but he's only 22 too. I Would like a 25 year old established player who plays centre mid that can set up goals, we have loads of finishers in Dele, Lamela, Sonny and Moura, not many providers. All the ones mentioned are finishers or kids

I think we are trying to talk realistically here based on what we have seen in recent history. If the club announced that we could go out and spend £50-80m on one player then I would maybe change my list of targets, though the next problem after transfer fee is the wages and prestige of the club to entice players. I think its very hard for us to go and convince a player to join us - this seems to have happened with Rabiot, it looks like we weren't a big enough club in his eyes. I think this is what Pochettino tries to put across when he is interviewed and misquoted. Its very hard to compete with traditionally big clubs who have a worldwide big name. We are working towards that but are not there yet.
I think we could test Real Madrid this summer (especially if they take Eriksen) by going after the likes of Isco or Asensio. If we are going to spend big then I would maybe look at players like Koke (At Madrid), Saul (At Madrid), Kondogbia (Valencia), Tolisso (Bayern) and more, but will these players leave their current clubs for us? Unlikely in most cases.

#7 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 18 March 2019 - 19:38

The two from Palace are probably out of our range.
Sess isn't worth £40M and unless we get him for half that or probably even less (with add ons) Levy won't sanction it.
Grealish is further developed, still a question mark over his desire to step up a level and stop sitting in his Villa comfort zone, but £40M also seems high. Needs to be at least £10M cheaper than that IMO.

If we need a CB, then De Ligt is top of the hit parade, will cost a small fortune though and would probably command interest from big big clubs.

Troy Parrot needs to replace Llorente if the latter leaves, got a feeling he will be staying though.

Dembele replacement, Dier, Winks, Sisskho and Wanyama. Take your pick then spend the Eriksen money on Brooks and Hijack Tielemans from under the nose of Leicester

#8 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 18 March 2019 - 22:05

I won't comment regarding Summer Transfer as I know that every year it is getting more and more difficult to buy a player and I don't want to get disappointed again.

This summer transfer window will depend only on one thing, where Spurs will finish at the end of the season. If Spurs finish in the Top Four the signing will be different if Spurs finish outside the Top Four.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#9 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 March 2019 - 23:24

Some good signing ideas here guys! I agree in that we need a mixture of young English talent and an experienced/world class player or two.

I do like GREALISH lot but not the prices being quoted just seem too big for a championship player. Would take him for £30m no more. For the same price we could probably get.........

WARD-PROWSE and at the age of 24 heís got a lot of prem experience - think Poch could make a serious player out of him!

A young English flair player like BOWEN/SESSENYONG/CLARK/DANIEL JAMES is a MUST imo as we donít have anything like this in our youth set up ready to make the step up???

Then surely some fresh full backs are needed? Which ones to get rid of Iím not sure? But BISSAKA seems perfect

A player like ISCO or a similar quality/experience must be out there somewhere for us, just have to find the right player

Hopefully we will be busy because itís bloody needed

#10 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 March 2019 - 00:41

Dont want to put a dampener on things lads but mentioning english players as targets who are with fellow prem clubs right now will be very difficult to sign because of all the tv rights money coming in.

Teams like crystal palace, bournemouth etc etc dont have to sell players anymore to make ends meet with £100 mill coming in yearly.

Players with contracts running down are another matter, and for that reason i can see sessegnon being targeted along with another attempt at grealish.
Going for players like zaha and wan bissaka would potentially take the whole of the eriksen sale proceeds and thats even if palace would sanction it.

#11 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:44

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 19 March 2019 - 00:41, said:

Dont want to put a dampener on things lads but mentioning english players as targets who are with fellow prem clubs right now will be very difficult to sign because of all the tv rights money coming in.

Teams like crystal palace, bournemouth etc etc dont have to sell players anymore to make ends meet with £100 mill coming in yearly.

Players with contracts running down are another matter, and for that reason i can see sessegnon being targeted along with another attempt at grealish.
Going for players like zaha and wan bissaka would potentially take the whole of the eriksen sale proceeds and thats even if palace would sanction it.

On one hand your right beags , but it shouldn't stop us going for the right target despite where the clubs are based.

For example imo brooks would be a perfect fit for us , if we go in and say to bournemouth here is £40 mil they will probably reject it .
But the process for unsettling the player has begun , the agent will be banging on the chairman's door at bournemouth demanding the move knowing the chance of making money and his client will play at a higher level .
Bournemouth will more than likely suggest a fee and this is where we have to operate differently.
Get the deal done don't penny pinch over a few million just get the deal over the line before others sniff.

I'm not asking or demanding the club pay huge sums to the point it will financially harm us , what I want the club to do is bring in the identified targets quickly and not bring in a second option because of the sake of a few million

English clubs may well be in a stronger position of not selling star assets due to the income they now get, it doesn't mean the player for that club doesn't want to come and we should take advantage of that.

We have had this done to us for years and we need to operate the process smarter than what we currently doing.

#12 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:00

View Postwillyid82, on 19 March 2019 - 08:44, said:

On one hand your right beags , but it shouldn't stop us going for the right target despite where the clubs are based.

For example imo brooks would be a perfect fit for us , if we go in and say to bournemouth here is £40 mil they will probably reject it .
But the process for unsettling the player has begun , the agent will be banging on the chairman's door at bournemouth demanding the move knowing the chance of making money and his client will play at a higher level .
Bournemouth will more than likely suggest a fee and this is where we have to operate differently.
Get the deal done don't penny pinch over a few million just get the deal over the line before others sniff.

I'm not asking or demanding the club pay huge sums to the point it will financially harm us , what I want the club to do is bring in the identified targets quickly and not bring in a second option because of the sake of a few million

English clubs may well be in a stronger position of not selling star assets due to the income they now get, it doesn't mean the player for that club doesn't want to come and we should take advantage of that.

We have had this done to us for years and we need to operate the process smarter than what we currently doing.

Didnt think of it like that willy so have to agree it does work as we have first hand experience of it as per the modrics berbatovs and bale & carricks.
Didnt work with grealish but someone did mention it seems like he doesnt want to leave his comfort zone.

I think the main thing is that we are (apparently & alleged ) to be having a busy summer.

I am just wondering if that is anything to do with eriksen and alderweireld almost certain to be going.....? or the new stadium distraction for levy has finally been well and truly extinguished and that he can now finally get on with running a football club. :grinny:

#13 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:50

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 19 March 2019 - 09:00, said:

Didnt think of it like that willy so have to agree it does work as we have first hand experience of it as per the modrics berbatovs and bale & carricks.
Didnt work with grealish but someone did mention it seems like he doesnt want to leave his comfort zone.

I think the main thing is that we are (apparently & alleged ) to be having a busy summer.

I am just wondering if that is anything to do with eriksen and alderweireld almost certain to be going.....? or the new stadium distraction for levy has finally been well and truly extinguished and that he can now finally get on with running a football club. :grinny:

I think if we lost Eriksen and Toby which will add to the loss of Dembele in Jan then that would be three first 11 players going out. You would hope we would have at least three great players coming in with some prospects on the side. You would hope....lol

#14 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:53

Wouldn't go anywhere near zaha or Grealish now players like them don't want to step up,, there like the good players at your Sunday league team that only want to play for the reserves or against the weaker teams because they don't have the stomach for a fight,, if both said players really wanted to move up a level and make something of themselves they wouldn't of signed new deals now it make it even harder to get them now..

#15 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:28

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 19 March 2019 - 09:00, said:

I know Eriksen has not been in great form but he would be big loss , I'm resigned to the fact Toby is off .
Another player that has caught my eye is the wolves right back Doherty.

#16 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:37

View Posthotsauce, on 19 March 2019 - 10:53, said:

Wouldn't go anywhere near zaha or Grealish now players like them don't want to step up,, there like the good players at your Sunday league team that only want to play for the reserves or against the weaker teams because they don't have the stomach for a fight,, if both said players really wanted to move up a level and make something of themselves they wouldn't of signed new deals now it make it even harder to get them now..

You can view this another way though sauce , you know they won't chuck toys out of prams if they came to us did well and were being monitored by bigger fish.

#17 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 March 2019 - 13:58

View Posthotsauce, on 19 March 2019 - 10:53, said:

We wont get zaha anyway sauce ! palace would want our tv rights money for the whole year and he isnt that great to be honest.

.............and getting injury prone.

Grealish might be coming along with sessegnon.

Apart from that overseas players are on the agenda.

#18 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 19 March 2019 - 14:38

Grealish (sets up 1 goal every 6 games) is another finisher, same as Zaha and Sessegnon etc. We need providers/ assisiters (I know not a real word). Eriksen sets up 1 goal in every 3 games and plays at a a higher level.

To me ideally a creator is need, ideally in the centre of midfield. Winks for as much as he's one of our own has not set one goal up all year.

#19 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 March 2019 - 15:37

Grealish is a finisher at Villa but can be a good creative player too. He's played as box to box, deep lying CM and AM.

I don't think we'll go back for him unless he really forces their hand to accept our offer.

Business has to be done this summer. I just hope we're doing it with CL footy to offer for next season.

#20 User is offline   SteveB 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 20 March 2019 - 14:09

I confidently predict two additional tea ladies from Accrington, provided Daniel can push a deal through

Share this topic:

• 54 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users