• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brighton sack Hughton

#1 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:41

I donít understand clubs sometimes. He kept them up and has pulled off some decent results. What do a club like Brighton expect from their manager? Surely survival is all they can hope for and he achieved that.🤷🏽‍♂️

#2 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:24

View PostChrisPienaar, on 13 May 2019 - 08:41, said:

I donít understand clubs sometimes. He kept them up and has pulled off some decent results. What do a club like Brighton expect from their manager? Surely survival is all they can hope for and he achieved that.🤷🏽‍♂️

Annoying news, Hughton will have no end of Championship clubs wanting him as he's proven in getting clubs into the prem.

#3 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:37

Very harsh ! he did keep them up and they did battle with man city in a cup semi where afterwards they seem to lose momentum form wise.
I suppose that was scary for the chairman ?

Problem with clubs like brighton is attracting good enough players to take them up a level rather than just avoiding the drop each season.

We have seen this with southampton who have had such a lot of good players come through but cant keep hold of them and end up in a relegation scrap.

Always the manager gets the blame.

#4 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:37

It's not harsh guys... He spent 80M quid and they got 36 points. A club like that can't spend that kind of money and go backwards. None of his signings have pulled up trees.

They've barely won a match in 2019. If it weren't for some decent results at the start of the season they'd be down. In fact only reason they aren't down is because there were 3 teams even worse than them. 36 points doesn't see you safe too often.

They won 3 of their last 22 matches. 2nd worst form in the league in that time. Absolutely no guarantee he starts next season well. They have to stop the rot.

I personally thought the fa cup run and couple of good performances against us and Arsenal near end of the season would get him another year but the chairman has said he wants more attacking football and Hughton serves up some of the dullest defensive s*** going. I detested our match against them, imagine watching that every week.

He'll be back in a good job soon and I wish him the best.

#5 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 May 2019 - 21:46

Wouldnít surprise me if levy has hougton as number 1 choice if poch walks away . It would suit levy perfectly .

#6 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 May 2019 - 23:48

Zero chance imo Stokesie. Completely unproven at top level. Plays the wrong kind of football too. Have a feeling I know who our next manager is if Poch goes, and it's not someone with Spurs links.

He'll be getting a champ side promoted again within a season or two though.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users