Planet Spurs Forums: Man City could face Champions league ban. - Planet Spurs Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Man City could face Champions league ban. 2020-21

#1 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:40

Eufa continue to investigate man city allegations of breaches of financial fair play regulations.
They now face a ban from the champions league for the season 2020-21.

Bit of a dampener on their prem title celebrations.

Appears like they are also looking to spend big this summer (200 mill) before an impending ban on transfers come into effect.

#2 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 14 May 2019 - 17:02

Both Madrid clubs and Barca have been instigating for this to happen for a long time .
We all know most clubs use a loop hole to get round it and it's a case of not slipping up so you are not caught with your pants down like what is happening currently.

If found guilty They will be punished as eventually the authorities have to make an example of someone and I'm pretty sure uefa will be rubbing their hands together that it is an English club.

To be fair Tom called this a while back so well played .

#3 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2019 - 18:54

Does this mean the position goes to another English team if so?

#4 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:57

View Post50 Cent, on 14 May 2019 - 18:54, said:

Does this mean the position goes to another English team if so?

They are in the cl 2019-20 ! they could be banned from it the following season if found guilty.

It probably would allow the 5th placed team access to the comp and europa qualifying down to 8th but not sure.

#5 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:42

You'd assume 5th gets CL if City can't qualify and finish higher but I'm not sure.

It's long overdue and it's a smart punishment if delivered. There's no point fining oil clubs for financial impropriety. A year out the competition they crave winning the most will be an excellent kick in the teeth for them. I'd imagine they'll go all out to win it before the ban if it happens, could be interesting.

I also disagree that all clubs exploit loopholes like City did since FFP came in. It's flagrant. Only PSG are quite on the same level.

I'm also expecting something to come out in the wash about Wolves at some point, but they may have covered their tracks well enough to get away with it. Hope a hacker/whistle blower finds out what Reuben Neves is really earning and who is paying it, because he sure as s*** isn't earning what Wolves claim they pay him.

#6 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2019 - 20:25

I don't feel it is a smart punishment. Don't get me wrong, it is something, but they will probably go all out to win it next year, and then be even stronger for the 2020-21 league season where they get 114 points.

The point is the FA haven't done anything to stop them domestically, and they have still got all the money from prize winning in previous years illegally.

In other words, the retrospective action isn't clever enough imo.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users