Planet Spurs Forums: Giovani Lo Celso - Planet Spurs Forums

Jump to content

  • 17 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Giovani Lo Celso

#21 User is offline   Spurs scout 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,563
  • Joined: 25-November 14

Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:33

View Post50 Cent, on 04 June 2019 - 12:16, said:

It's not a great signing in my opinion. It is potentially a great signing if we find a defensive partner to play alongside.

I'm a bit tired and bored of saying it but we have creative players. Unless we are offloading deadwood, and signing players to stop leaking goals, I don't feel an attacking CM is a priority.

Don't get me wrong, I will welcome them. And I am all for Poch improving the spine of the team in all areas. I am only asking. Are they needed? Are they better than Dele, Eriksen, Lamela, Lucas, Winks? Will we sell one of those? Can they be a hybrid like Dembele? Do they have a World Class £53m player covering them? These are too many questions to which I feel the answer is no.

And for that reason, I am out..

[Unless he is the next VdV and scores screamers and runs into the crowd.]

Then, can we keep him?

you do say the most controversial things , Winks is not a creative player , two assists in two years hardly screams creative player , The best way to judge winks is he is the modern Dm that is very good passer of the ball, capable of running the game as shown against Liverpool and let the better attackers do the damage. Look at Lucas Mouras creative stats it says o in it, he is more of a player that looks to get in behind rather then look to create and Dele is a goal scoring midfielder whose strength is his off the ball movement. Lamela is the closet player we have to Eriksen as a genuine creative player , injuries have ruined his potential and he is not as good as Eriksen.

You say us looking to sign creative players is not a priority, stats show that we are over reliant on Eriksen to perform well,he is the one that knits everything together , when he does not play well, our team does not play well.
0

#22 User is offline   50 Cent 

  • Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,319
  • Joined: 20-March 19

Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:43

View Postfentonroad, on 04 June 2019 - 12:21, said:

50, my concern with what you say is that when you say we have "creative players" all bar Eriksen of the ones you mention are ones that finish a move, not a creator. Winks has set up two goals in three years. No way is he creative. Lamela can create but is always injured so the burden lies on Eriksen to create nearly all the time. Creativity is what we need even if Eriksen stays


Well, perhaps this is a bit left-field, but I tend to disagree that we need creativity even if Eriksen stays or leaves. My reasoning for saying that is due to Pochettino finishing the 86 points season with a 3-4-3, scoring 6 and 7 goals away from home, and using it successfully against Madrid, BVB, and so on. In other words, we have shown an ability to bypass midfield completely with another system. Yes, Eriksen is an option in that system, but it is a deeper role which he is less suited to, and I actually feel we are a worse team catering to running things through a creative midfield. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice tactic to have, like Llorente is as well, but I don't feel it is a requirement to win a Premier League, or for Pochettino to get a team firing, and star players can even hinder Pochettino's teams after he adapts to setbacks and sets up brilliantly as an underdog.

All in all, I am very confused strategically about the vision for the team with this signing as a priority signing, when what I saw in the second half of the season was a poor defensive midfield, a poor right back, and a poor organisation and individual errors off corners and so on. Basic things looking in the mirror and being practical can solve ahead of the finer details of the link up play to the attack. I agree it is an issue, and perhaps if Pochettino wants to emulate Klopp's 4-3-3, it is a signing in that direction.

Defences win leagues in my opinion and I guess I am more of a Mourinho personality style. I support Pochettino, but if this signing made a difference to the problems I saw, I would be astounded. Note, I have been astounded by Pochettino before. I have also been disappointed in believing him sometimes, but for the main I do trust him to progress, or at least back him based on past credit whether that is right or not. I just can't understand why, he has created magic in some instances, and in others he looks out of depth.

Overall, creativity is what we need to score goals looking good in the Tottenham Hotspur way. Ruthless practicalness is what we need to be 1st. Both would be great, but I will settle for the latter after already seeing us be creative and come 2nd.
0

#23 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,652
  • Joined: 23-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gibraltar

Posted 04 June 2019 - 20:30

Sounds like we are really trying but Betis are asking for 88m or near enough 😲

They only just signed him for around 22m not even 2 months ago and are trying to quadruple his price. Transfer market is bonkers.
0

#24 User is offline   Spurs scout 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,563
  • Joined: 25-November 14

Posted 04 June 2019 - 21:53

View Post50 Cent, on 04 June 2019 - 12:43, said:

Well, perhaps this is a bit left-field, but I tend to disagree that we need creativity even if Eriksen stays or leaves. My reasoning for saying that is due to Pochettino finishing the 86 points season with a 3-4-3, scoring 6 and 7 goals away from home, and using it successfully against Madrid, BVB, and so on. In other words, we have shown an ability to bypass midfield completely with another system. Yes, Eriksen is an option in that system, but it is a deeper role which he is less suited to, and I actually feel we are a worse team catering to running things through a creative midfield. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice tactic to have, like Llorente is as well, but I don't feel it is a requirement to win a Premier League, or for Pochettino to get a team firing, and star players can even hinder Pochettino's teams after he adapts to setbacks and sets up brilliantly as an underdog.

All in all, I am very confused strategically about the vision for the team with this signing as a priority signing, when what I saw in the second half of the season was a poor defensive midfield, a poor right back, and a poor organisation and individual errors off corners and so on. Basic things looking in the mirror and being practical can solve ahead of the finer details of the link up play to the attack. I agree it is an issue, and perhaps if Pochettino wants to emulate Klopp's 4-3-3, it is a signing in that direction.

Defences win leagues in my opinion and I guess I am more of a Mourinho personality style. I support Pochettino, but if this signing made a difference to the problems I saw, I would be astounded. Note, I have been astounded by Pochettino before. I have also been disappointed in believing him sometimes, but for the main I do trust him to progress, or at least back him based on past credit whether that is right or not. I just can't understand why, he has created magic in some instances, and in others he looks out of depth.

Overall, creativity is what we need to score goals looking good in the Tottenham Hotspur way. Ruthless practicalness is what we need to be 1st. Both would be great, but I will settle for the latter after already seeing us be creative and come 2nd.

lol the perfect example of lacking creativity was the final on Saturday, when Eriksen is not playing well we do look predictable. We do have a problem when well organised teams sit back.
0

#25 User is offline   SpursDan 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,468
  • Joined: 31-October 15

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:25

Id personally prefer Maddison from Leicester, premier league proven, probably could get him for around 50m, his set pieces are top class, young and full of talent
0

#26 User is offline   hotsauce 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,528
  • Joined: 21-October 10

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:46

View PostSpursDan, on 05 June 2019 - 06:25, said:

Id personally prefer Maddison from Leicester, premier league proven, probably could get him for around 50m, his set pieces are top class, young and full of talent

He hates spurs,,dont want him wearing our shirt
0

#27 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,652
  • Joined: 23-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gibraltar

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:30

View PostSpursDan, on 05 June 2019 - 06:25, said:

Id personally prefer Maddison from Leicester, premier league proven, probably could get him for around 50m, his set pieces are top class, young and full of talent


We had the chance to sign him last summer and passed on him apparently. Hes said a couple of times hes a Man U fan and I fully expect him to go there.
0

#28 User is offline   hotsauce 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,528
  • Joined: 21-October 10

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:52

View PostChrisPienaar, on 05 June 2019 - 08:30, said:

We had the chance to sign him last summer and passed on him apparently. Hes said a couple of times hes a Man U fan and I fully expect him to go there.

Hes an arsenal fan
0

#29 User is offline   SpursDan 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,468
  • Joined: 31-October 15

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:19

View Posthotsauce, on 05 June 2019 - 08:52, said:

Hes an arsenal fan


So was Harry Kane apparently
0

#30 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,652
  • Joined: 23-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gibraltar

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:26

View Posthotsauce, on 05 June 2019 - 08:52, said:

Hes an arsenal fan


Hes an idiot then because pictures of him as a kid have surfaced in a United kit and hes been quoted as saying he grew up watching Ronaldo and loves man united 🤷🏽‍♂️

To say he supports arsenal too, dont want him anywhere near us!
0

#31 User is offline   Spurs scout 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,563
  • Joined: 25-November 14

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:54

They is some news breaking that Christian Eriksen has said he wants to leave our club this summer .
0

#32 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,652
  • Joined: 23-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gibraltar

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:18

View PostSpurs scout, on 05 June 2019 - 09:54, said:

They is some news breaking that Christian Eriksen has said he wants to leave our club this summer .


Well he says he wants a new challenge but says it could be at another club or to sign a new deal. I dont know if hes suggesting that investment in the squad might convince him to stay.
We have three option :

1) let him go
2) invest and convince him to stay
3) let him run down his last year
0

#33 User is offline   Hurrikane 

  • Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 473
  • Joined: 12-May 16
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:48

Let him go, I think it works best for both parties. Been a great servant and no bitterness towards him going at all, on the proviso we go get:

N'Dombele
Lo Celso
Bale??
Attacking Rb
0

#34 User is offline   fentonroad 

  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 851
  • Joined: 31-August 17

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:01

Isco plus cash?
0

#35 User is offline   hotsauce 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,528
  • Joined: 21-October 10

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:19

I dont think real want him anymore,,doing stuff like this never sits well with poch, your committed to the team or your not
0

#36 User is offline   50 Cent 

  • Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,319
  • Joined: 20-March 19

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:22

View PostSpurs scout, on 04 June 2019 - 21:53, said:

lol the perfect example of lacking creativity was the final on Saturday, when Eriksen is not playing well we do look predictable. We do have a problem when well organised teams sit back.


Being predictable has little to do with Eriksen and more to do with playing a 4-2-3-1 that Klopp prepared for three weeks in advance. Eriksen is predictable because he doesn't have pace, doesn't have space, and doesn't have anyone running in behind.
0

#37 User is offline   tomtom 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 11,516
  • Joined: 18-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 June 2019 - 16:55

View PostSpurs scout, on 05 June 2019 - 09:54, said:

They is some news breaking that Christian Eriksen has said he wants to leave our club this summer .


A bear just announced it does indeed s*** in the woods.

Soz I've been quiet, just about to fly back from Spain. Lo Celso deal is as press report. He wants us, we're close to agreeing with Betis but they still want some more cash.

Idk enough about him but hopefully he's worth being our new record signing. As I said. I expect us to break our record twice this window, possibly 3 depending on whether we get deals done and in what order.
0

#38 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 9,873
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 05 June 2019 - 21:28

Seen Lo Celso play a couple of times on TV. I wouldn't say he's worth £88M, but has a lot of scope. Can't really give much assessment tbh.

Most of us knew Eriksen was going to be pivotal this summer and knew it for some time.

This post has been edited by Yidio Yidio: 05 June 2019 - 21:29

0

#39 User is offline   daniel 

  • Trainee
  • PipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 36
  • Joined: 26-April 13

Posted 06 June 2019 - 19:52

Sell Eriksen for top dollar now, hes been s*** for months, his head is turned.
0

#40 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,652
  • Joined: 23-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gibraltar

Posted 06 June 2019 - 20:58

View PostYidio Yidio, on 05 June 2019 - 21:28, said:

Seen Lo Celso play a couple of times on TV. I wouldn't say he's worth 88M, but has a lot of scope. Can't really give much assessment tbh.

Most of us knew Eriksen was going to be pivotal this summer and knew it for some time.


Seen him play a few times and got a couple of mates who support betis that are not happy at all that he may be leaving. Hes had a very good season in a competitive league so he has potential to be a quality player but theres no way we should be throwing 88m at him. If betis get silly then I guess we move on, but I would like to sign this guy as I like what Ive seen.
0

Share this topic:


  • 17 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users