Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Harry Hotspur Rotten to the core Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:24

Just wondered if any of the posters on here ever read the Harry Hotspur Blogger.

He seems to get plenty of recognition from media outlets and must run a fairly professional Blog.

However, his entire ethos is to moan, and slag off and rarely puts much out of a positive nature that's directed towards the club he readily tells everyone he's a staunch supporter off.

I wondered if anyone has the inside track on why this particular blog gets such recognition.

He rarely gets anything right, so clearly just represents a moaning past middle age opinion laced with a continued loathing of his own predicament as a self appointed Spurs fan of importance.

I'd rather word this better but sometimes it is what it is...Ö..The blokes a massive tw*t.

#2 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:48

View PostYidio Yidio, on 15 June 2019 - 01:24, said:

Just wondered if any of the posters on here ever read the Harry Hotspur Blogger.

He seems to get plenty of recognition from media outlets and must run a fairly professional Blog.

However, his entire ethos is to moan, and slag off and rarely puts much out of a positive nature that's directed towards the club he readily tells everyone he's a staunch supporter off.

I wondered if anyone has the inside track on why this particular blog gets such recognition.

He rarely gets anything right, so clearly just represents a moaning past middle age opinion laced with a continued loathing of his own predicament as a self appointed Spurs fan of importance.

I'd rather word this better but sometimes it is what it is...Ö..The blokes a massive tw*t.

Yep i have read his blogs but not for a long time.

They are meant to be witty and clever but i just find them twisted and basically not of any interest.

Newsnowtottenham always has his blogs on there !

#3 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:05

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 15 June 2019 - 01:48, said:

Yep i have read his blogs but not for a long time.

They are meant to be witty and clever but i just find them twisted and basically not of any interest.

Newsnowtottenham always has his blogs on there !

Yep, I should notice it's him before reading but I don't sometimes. Just a bitter old man really.

#4 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:11

Most "successful" internet people are generally those who promote and are persistant regardless of quality. Money and views don't equate to journalistic insight or integrity or positivity. Besides, he would oftentimes just find good content someone else made and then blog about it, so the good content creator wouldn't directly get the benefit.

All in all, I don't read it. Used to read newsnow but read very little of anything. Then again, I am a miser.

I think it was easier to be more positive about Spurs in the Jol era, but even HH wasn't respected much in those days apart from sensationalist profiteering.

#5 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:26

View Post50 Cent, on 15 June 2019 - 02:11, said:

Most "successful" internet people are generally those who promote and are persistant regardless of quality. Money and views don't equate to journalistic insight or integrity or positivity. Besides, he would oftentimes just find good content someone else made and then blog about it, so the good content creator wouldn't directly get the benefit.

All in all, I don't read it. Used to read newsnow but read very little of anything. Then again, I am a miser.

I think it was easier to be more positive about Spurs in the Jol era, but even HH wasn't respected much in those days apart from sensationalist profiteering.

Yep, Adrian Durham on Talk sport puts forward stupid opinion as a talking point. Always surprising when people bite on the more idiotic ones.

#6 User is offline   old spur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:19

View PostYidio Yidio, on 15 June 2019 - 02:26, said:

Yep, Adrian Durham on Talk sport puts forward stupid opinion as a talking point. Always surprising when people bite on the more idiotic ones.

I love Adrian Durham, but to be honest I love all wind up merchants. I am little from the other end of the spectrum to the OP, as one of my biggest hates are so called supporters who have to be positive and upbeat about everything. These people forget how s***e we may have been the last six weeks, then predict we are going to be City 4-0 at their place. These people just irritate me. I would always rather view the glass as half empty myself !!

#7 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:55

View Postold spur, on 15 June 2019 - 11:19, said:

I love Adrian Durham, but to be honest I love all wind up merchants. I am little from the other end of the spectrum to the OP, as one of my biggest hates are so called supporters who have to be positive and upbeat about everything. These people forget how s***e we may have been the last six weeks, then predict we are going to be City 4-0 at their place. These people just irritate me. I would always rather view the glass as half empty myself !!

I thought you might be harry hotspur you old wind up you? :lmao:

#8 User is offline   old spur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:33

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 15 June 2019 - 11:55, said:

I thought you might be harry hotspur you old wind up you? :lmao:

I view everything in life like this. My father once told me, a pessimist is only an optimist with experience. If you expect the worst and something good happens it is a nice surprise. Expect something good and the worst happens you are devastated. When I go to the doctors with a bad foot, I expect to be told I am dying from cancer, and when I leave the house in the morning, I expect it to be burned down when I get back. NOBODY will ever make me feel differently.

#9 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 June 2019 - 14:41

It's all about DNA, when I complained my father said shut up or I'll give you something to complain about. He had a point.

#10 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 June 2019 - 15:47

View Postold spur, on 15 June 2019 - 12:33, said:

I view everything in life like this. My father once told me, a pessimist is only an optimist with experience. If you expect the worst and something good happens it is a nice surprise. Expect something good and the worst happens you are devastated. When I go to the doctors with a bad foot, I expect to be told I am dying from cancer, and when I leave the house in the morning, I expect it to be burned down when I get back. NOBODY will ever make me feel differently.

Sounds like you are a cross between being neurotic and a bit of a hypochondriac ! you ever thought of getting a doctors opinion.........? :lmao:

#11 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 June 2019 - 16:39

Sounds like both of you had horrible fathers imho

#12 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 June 2019 - 17:01

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 15 June 2019 - 16:39, said:

Sounds like both of you had horrible fathers imho

Not really, we have an obligation to evolve, but to truly evolve you must first understand what you're evolving from. Otherwise it's just change, and guessing at evolution.

#13 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 June 2019 - 22:20

View PostYidio Yidio, on 15 June 2019 - 17:01, said:

Not really, we have an obligation to evolve, but to truly evolve you must first understand what you're evolving from. Otherwise it's just change, and guessing at evolution.

Didnt confucius say something like that ?

I certainly know what i evolved from...........or rather inherited.

My father died when i was 6 of heart problems ! when i was at the age he was when he died i started to get heart problems too and would have gone the same way if it wasnt for modern medicine/ surgical techniques.

You cant get away from your genes. :cheers:

#14 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 June 2019 - 23:05

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 15 June 2019 - 22:20, said:

Didnt confucius say something like that ?

I certainly know what i evolved from...........or rather inherited.

My father died when i was 6 of heart problems ! when i was at the age he was when he died i started to get heart problems too and would have gone the same way if it wasnt for modern medicine/ surgical techniques.

You cant get away from your genes. :cheers:

I am not familiar with the work of Confucius, I'm claiming that little gem of wisdom as my own. :cheers:

#15 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 June 2019 - 23:08

View PostYidio Yidio, on 15 June 2019 - 23:05, said:

I am not familiar with the work of Confucius, I'm claiming that little gem of wisdom as my own. :cheers:

Very good ! :niceone:

#16 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 June 2019 - 23:53

Harry Hotspur is a fascist dictator of his own views but I canít help myself from reading his site.

Dear Mr Levy is the antithesis of him, very eloquent albeit self indulgent in his own way

Cartilage free captain comment section is normally a good read
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#17 User is offline   old spur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2019 - 13:21

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 15 June 2019 - 15:47, said:

Sounds like you are a cross between being neurotic and a bit of a hypochondriac ! you ever thought of getting a doctors opinion.........? :lmao:

I was once the hatchet man for a large retailer. I carried out the more complex disciplinary hearings, and as result dismissed many people over the years. There was a time when all the senior managers had an appointment with a psychologist, and I was told that whilst my personality suited the job I did, at some stage it may be worth my while getting some help. Apparently I have trouble forming relationships, which to be honest, I couldn't argue with !

#18 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 June 2019 - 13:40

View Postold spur, on 17 June 2019 - 13:21, said:

I was once the hatchet man for a large retailer. I carried out the more complex disciplinary hearings, and as result dismissed many people over the years. There was a time when all the senior managers had an appointment with a psychologist, and I was told that whilst my personality suited the job I did, at some stage it may be worth my while getting some help. Apparently I have trouble forming relationships, which to be honest, I couldn't argue with !

Sounds like a lonely life old spur ?

#19 User is offline   old spur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2019 - 17:08

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 17 June 2019 - 13:40, said:

Sounds like a lonely life old spur ?

Far from it, there was even a time my wife quite likes me, but alas those days are long gone :rolleyes:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users