• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dyabala

#241 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 14 December 2020 - 16:14

Dybala isn't a good fit for us at present, in the same way Dele isn't. Dybala predominantly plays striker or second striker and when he does play elsewhere he's still a scorer of goals, not a provider. We don't play with a second striker, so he doesn't fit our team in anyway, at least Bale fits our system (yes, he's not up to speed yet and might not get there) and Dele has set up more goals in fewer games. The only thing we should be looking at forward wise is a passing central midfielder, like a Fernandes but a top top centreback before that

#242 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 14 December 2020 - 19:17

View PostEasy Going Spurs Fan, on 14 December 2020 - 15:59, said:

Think we should have looked at the player over 2 seasons unless you are absolutely convinced.

He's rubbish right now and only worth what ajax paid for him.

Levy can be a dickhead at times

We did the same with N'dombele

#243 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 December 2020 - 15:34

View Postfentonroad, on 14 December 2020 - 16:14, said:

Dybala isn't a good fit for us at present, in the same way Dele isn't. Dybala predominantly plays striker or second striker and when he does play elsewhere he's still a scorer of goals, not a provider. We don't play with a second striker, so he doesn't fit our team in anyway, at least Bale fits our system (yes, he's not up to speed yet and might not get there) and Dele has set up more goals in fewer games. The only thing we should be looking at forward wise is a passing central midfielder, like a Fernandes but a top top centreback before that

I hope Bale is a Jose fit because in Jose's system you have to work really hard off the ball , something I have not seen yet from Bale .

#244 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2020 - 19:05

Rumours swirling around that Dyabala is heading for PSG once Poch signs

#245 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 24 February 2021 - 16:30

Dybala has spent his whole career having been Ďrumoured to be on the moveí. Not the full deal to me, although the only time I have seen him play, the bugger scored (v us at Wembley).

#246 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain

Posted 26 February 2021 - 16:45

Apart from Ossie have we ever made a successful signing from South America, Sandro was OK and the jury is out on Lo Celso. As for the rest of them i dont think so and regrettably I include Ricky Villa in that

#247 User is offline   PH1882 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2021 - 20:03

So 2020, everyone has moved in and Dybala isnít the catch he once was.

#248 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 February 2021 - 00:23

Paulinho had one good game for us lol.

Wish weíd signed Aguero when we had the chance. Iím sure thereís another great S American player out there for us. Still have hopes for Lo Celso when he shakes his injury.

#249 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain

Posted 02 March 2021 - 07:39

View Posttomtom, on 28 February 2021 - 00:23, said:

Paulinho had one good game for us lol.

Wish we’d signed Aguero when we had the chance. I’m sure there’s another great S American player out there for us. Still have hopes for Lo Celso when he shakes his injury.

I never knew that we were ever in the hunt for Aguerro - what a partnership Kane & Aguerro would have been !

I wish I could agree with you about Lo Celso. I rememeber when we were chasing him - at the same time we were pursuing Bruno Fernandes. I rememeber saying that of the two Fernandes would have been a better buy, and to date I have been proved right. I think Lo Celso has the makings of a superb player, but in Spain or in Italy. Physically I dont thnk he is up to the rigours of the Premier League and, at best, we can expect him to be out injured for between 10 and 12 games per season. Can we afford another Lamela like passenger ?

#250 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:52

Yes I believe we offered quite a bit for Aguero in Jan window 2011 but they demanded more than Redknapp said we could afford, he then forced through a move that summer to City.

From what I understand Lo Celso had no injury issues before joining us. So if he recovers from this current one itís impossible to say that heíll miss x amount of games a season.

#251 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain

Posted 02 March 2021 - 12:56

View Posttomtom, on 02 March 2021 - 10:52, said:

From what I understand Lo Celso had no injury issues before joining us. So if he recovers from this current one itís impossible to say that heíll miss x amount of games a season.

So does that not suggest to you that he is not strong enough for the exceedingly physical aspects of the Prem League ?

#252 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 02 March 2021 - 13:01

View Posttomtom, on 02 March 2021 - 10:52, said:

Yes I believe we offered quite a bit for Aguero in Jan window 2011 but they demanded more than Redknapp said we could afford, he then forced through a move that summer to City.

Yep, nothing wrong with him until he joined us and in the 18 months he has been with us he's missed out on 32 games due to injury. That's nearly a whole prem campaign.

It's not just one thing with him either, hamstring, muscle, thigh and hip and not the best of starts to a club career. Over the same period due to injury, Lamela has missed 26, Kane 19 and Dele 13

#253 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 March 2021 - 15:40

View PostSteveB, on 02 March 2021 - 12:56, said:

So does that not suggest to you that he is not strong enough for the exceedingly physical aspects of the Prem League ?

sometimes players get unlucky... and he got the big injury on international duty for Argentina. I'm hoping he's strengthened what he needed to and can now be available consistently. He posted a return to training video on Friday with him assisting a couple Kane goals so let's hope his pitch return is imminent and effective.

#254 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 02 March 2021 - 17:54

From memory when I was reading up about Lo

I,m sure he came out of Argentina with big expectations and reputation for a youngster, but injury halted everything and that is why he ended up going to Betis .

Would need to check again, but sure he had an injury almost straight after he left his home land.

#255 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 March 2021 - 21:36

Quite possible. I've not done any research just saw it mention that he'd not had any big ones before joining us, but could have been nonsense.

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users