• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Missing targets

#1 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:14

Seems a lot of players that we should be targeting we not slightly interested in. Man Utd desperate for Maguire. If we sell Toby to Roma which is being reported again why are we not targeting him? Long term solution to a short term problem.

There's no doubts we're missing a lot of others too

#2 User is offline   Notimelikethepresent 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:18

View Postfentonroad, on 30 July 2019 - 11:14, said:

Seems a lot of players that we should be targeting we not slightly interested in. Man Utd desperate for Maguire. If we sell Toby to Roma which is being reported again why are we not targeting him? Long term solution to a short term problem.

Agreed.

And that includes alternative strikers to Kane.

I have to say I have no idea whatsoever what we want in terms of players. None.

And minimal confidence that even if we knew we would be able to negotiate a deal.

#3 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:22

View Postfentonroad, on 30 July 2019 - 11:14, said:

Because Maguire is valued at £80m and is not better than what we have,,plus poch has to want them

#4 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:28

I'm not saying he's better than Toby, but he's not far off as good, four years younger and if we can get £40m for Toby now and then pay another £40m on top for Maguire we have got a replacement long term and solves a similar problem to what we have with Eriksen.

So do that plus Dybala and Erisken swap and everyone is happy and we have long term high level replacements for players going for free next summer. No brainer for me

#5 User is offline   Notimelikethepresent 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:41

View Postfentonroad, on 30 July 2019 - 11:28, said:

I'm not saying he's better than Toby, but he's not far off as good, four years younger and if we can get £40m for Toby now and then pay another £40m on top for Maguire we have got a replacement long term and solves a similar problem to what we have with Eriksen.

So do that plus Dybala and Erisken swap and everyone is happy and we have long term high level replacements for players going for free next summer. No brainer for me

Maguire is better. No doubt.

For lots of reasons but think logically.

Could you imagine Maguire having had a 25 million release clause and not having been snapped up?

It's more a matter of us not doing anything in nearly 2 years that should be a concern.

#6 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 July 2019 - 14:35

View PostNotimelikethepresent, on 30 July 2019 - 11:41, said:

Maguire is better. No doubt.

For lots of reasons but think logically.

Could you imagine Maguire having had a 25 million release clause and not having been snapped up?

It's more a matter of us not doing anything in nearly 2 years that should be a concern.

Have you seen Maguire defend ?
No because he can't, he makes truck loads of errors but a lot of this is papered over with his swashbuckling approach with the ball.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player because he is but he can't defend for toffee

#7 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 July 2019 - 14:56

We have targets, lo celso has been a target for about 2 months, the problem is not sealing the deal. Betis signed Fekir some days ago now, should have paved the way for the lo celso deal. You would have thought they’d sign Fekir knowing lo celso was a done deal?

Also Sessegnon is a target but again we are being held up by fees and/or players leaving.

A few cocky players in our team (Toby, Eriksen, Rose) thinking that other teams would be scrambling for them.

#8 User is offline   Notimelikethepresent 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2019 - 16:00

View PostChrisPienaar, on 30 July 2019 - 14:56, said:

We have targets, lo celso has been a target for about 2 months, the problem is not sealing the deal. Betis signed Fekir some days ago now, should have paved the way for the lo celso deal. You would have thought they’d sign Fekir knowing lo celso was a done deal?

Also Sessegnon is a target but again we are being held up by fees and/or players leaving.

A few cocky players in our team (Toby, Eriksen, Rose) thinking that other teams would be scrambling for them.

Cocky or whatever but agree to some extent.

100% on Pochettino for keeping Rose. Shocking decision. Should have moved that bloke on long time ago.

Alderweireld must be hurting whatever he says publicly. Eriksen may feel clubs are just waiting as he sits tight for a bit longer. He is probably right.

What we have now though is that any player within 2 years of their contract end, renews or gets sold. Has to be.

The downside is that you renew contracts for players like Lamela, who for me has been a failure.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users