Planet Spurs Forums: Woolwich away - Planet Spurs Forums

Jump to content

  • 9 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Woolwich away

#41 User is online   willyid82 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,129
  • Joined: 17-March 13

Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:22

View PostSpurs scout, on 31 August 2019 - 07:42, said:

Stokesie you clearly have money to throw away lol. Why don't you give money to charity like the Wayne Rooney Hair today gone tomorrow foundation , They are lots of footballers like Nathan Redmond and Kyle walker in need of some donations.

Could have gone to the christian Eriksen hair foundation , I'm pretty sure last summer he came back sporting a new quiff
0

#42 User is offline   stokesie 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,933
  • Joined: 19-December 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kent

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:48

So our defence is going to be

Sissoko-Toby- Sanchez- rose/davies

Then no doubt winks in the middle.

..,....not good Is it
0

#43 User is offline   Spurs scout 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,142
  • Joined: 25-November 14

Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:38

View Postwillyid82, on 31 August 2019 - 08:22, said:

Could have gone to the christian Eriksen hair foundation , I'm pretty sure last summer he came back sporting a new quiff

lol
0

#44 User is offline   griff 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,268
  • Joined: 14-October 15

Posted 31 August 2019 - 11:58

Donít know if Eriksen will start or be sold by Monday.
What I find strange is this..It has seemed likely that Eriksen could move on.This would leave us short in the attacking midfield creative area. Jack Roles is deemed one of our better prospects so why the h ell has he gone out on loan. Poch promotes youth.....give me a break!
0

#45 User is offline   tomtom 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 10,726
  • Joined: 18-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 August 2019 - 12:28

Dele, Son, Lucas, Lamela, Lo Celso fighting for 3 positions isn't exactly short. Could be stronger but Roles would be unlikely to get in ahead of any of them if there weren't multiple injuries. Plus I hear we're intending to bolster in January too.

I think people have pretty unrealistic ideas of how many youth players an elite PL club can blood at a time. If Winks and KWP get 20 games between them this season and Skipp can get 10 in all comps that will be ahead of targets the club set for the academy.

If all goes well Roles will move into squad next season and target 10 games in all comps like Skipp is this season.
0

#46 User is offline   tomtom 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 10,726
  • Joined: 18-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 August 2019 - 12:44

Arsenal have sold Monreal who has started all their PL games so far this season. Tierney still rehabbing from injury so won't be in squad. Kolasinac is their only fit LB. He's not the quickest, and hasn't played much with all the madness going on, I'd try and target him.
0

#47 User is offline   griff 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,268
  • Joined: 14-October 15

Posted 31 August 2019 - 16:06

View Posttomtom, on 31 August 2019 - 12:28, said:

Dele, Son, Lucas, Lamela, Lo Celso fighting for 3 positions isn't exactly short. Could be stronger but Roles would be unlikely to get in ahead of any of them if there weren't multiple injuries. Plus I hear we're intending to bolster in January too.

I think people have pretty unrealistic ideas of how many youth players an elite PL club can blood at a time. If Winks and KWP get 20 games between them this season and Skipp can get 10 in all comps that will be ahead of targets the club set for the academy.

If all goes well Roles will move into squad next season and target 10 games in all comps like Skipp is this season.



Multiple injuries I’m concerned and poor form. This is a Spurs remember.
Young blood can work sometimes. What about roles and Jack Clarke?Thaynyoung Welsh lad at Man Utd is getting a crack?
0

#48 User is online   willyid82 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,129
  • Joined: 17-March 13

Posted 31 August 2019 - 20:56

View Posttomtom, on 31 August 2019 - 12:44, said:

Arsenal have sold Monreal who has started all their PL games so far this season. Tierney still rehabbing from injury so won't be in squad. Kolasinac is their only fit LB. He's not the quickest, and hasn't played much with all the madness going on, I'd try and target him.

Yeah it's a good point , would you fight fire with fire for this Tom?

This is a game id consider lucas ,Kane and son together but Eriksen has to play for this imo
0

#49 User is offline   Lonspurs 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2,527
  • Joined: 02-February 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 August 2019 - 22:59

I HATE to say this but this is one of those fixtures where your heart can dream up a win but your HEAD says LOSS all the way.
Iím led to believe that Ndembele wonít make the game and neither will KWP. Who do we play at right back? If Sissoko slots in it leaves a gap in midfield. Will Verts start? I have my doubts.

What about Eriksen? If Dele makes the bench is he going to be match fit? I also think Kane and Son are looking a bit stale and Sanchez is having a nightmare.
Also, the team isn't playing well.

If Ceballos is given time on the ball and Pepe plays with their two forwards I think theyíre going to score. I hope Iím wrong but this game has come at the wrong time for us and thereís no way we can play our best team. I'd cheerfully settle for a point but fear the worst.
0

#50 User is online   willyid82 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,129
  • Joined: 17-March 13

Posted 01 September 2019 - 05:59

View PostLonspurs, on 31 August 2019 - 22:59, said:

I HATE to say this but this is one of those fixtures where your heart can dream up a win but your HEAD says LOSS all the way.
Iím led to believe that Ndembele wonít make the game and neither will KWP. Who do we play at right back? If Sissoko slots in it leaves a gap in midfield. Will Verts start? I have my doubts.

What about Eriksen? If Dele makes the bench is he going to be match fit? I also think Kane and Son are looking a bit stale and Sanchez is having a nightmare.
Also, the team isn't playing well.

If Ceballos is given time on the ball and Pepe plays with their two forwards I think theyíre going to score. I hope Iím wrong but this game has come at the wrong time for us and thereís no way we can play our best team. I'd cheerfully settle for a point but fear the worst.

Hasn't poch said if Eriksen is still here by Sunday then he is not going?

He has to start in that case and I also think there is a strong chance we will go 3-5-2
0

#51 User is offline   SpursDan 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 2,936
  • Joined: 31-October 15

Posted 01 September 2019 - 06:43

Nerves are kicking in now
0

#52 User is offline   dieselspurs 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 2,391
  • Joined: 18-June 11

Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:29

I know people are saying Sanchez is having a nightmare but I don't think he has been that bad, obviously I would prefer Verts. The Newcastle goal it was Rose that should have dropped in quicker, Sanchez couldn't see the true picture and Rose could.

Anyway 3-1 to Spurs.
0

#53 User is offline   Lonspurs 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2,527
  • Joined: 02-February 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:18

View Postwillyid82, on 01 September 2019 - 05:59, said:

Hasn't poch said if Eriksen is still here by Sunday then he is not going?

He has to start in that case and I also think there is a strong chance we will go 3-5-2


In that situation he HAS to start. But will he?
0

#54 User is offline   Lonspurs 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2,527
  • Joined: 02-February 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:23

View Postdieselspurs, on 01 September 2019 - 09:29, said:

I know people are saying Sanchez is having a nightmare but I don't think he has been that bad, obviously I would prefer Verts. The Newcastle goal it was Rose that should have dropped in quicker, Sanchez couldn't see the true picture and Rose could.

Anyway 3-1 to Spurs.


Whoa! You're letting your HEART carry you as I often do. As one poster put on here they actually outplayed us in both games last season.
The problem is they are going to be at full strength where as we won't be.

This is a game where Kane, Son, Moura, and Eriksen (if he starts) needs to play REALLY WELL.

In betting terms the odds must favour the Gooners. Obviously, I hope we do something but I honestly wish this fixture had been later in the season when we were more composed and had players completely fit.
0

#55 User is offline   SpursDan 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 2,936
  • Joined: 31-October 15

Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:35

Hope to see a Parrot in the squad today - looked sharp in a training video I saw the other day
0

#56 User is offline   old spur 

  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 777
  • Joined: 13-July 17

Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:36

To be honest I am almost considering not watching this. Our record in the league over the last 15 games has been dreadful, and I have a feeling it's not going to improve soon
0

#57 User is offline   dieselspurs 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 2,391
  • Joined: 18-June 11

Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:43

View PostLonspurs, on 01 September 2019 - 10:23, said:

Whoa! You're letting your HEART carry you as I often do. As one poster put on here they actually outplayed us in both games last season.
The problem is they are going to be at full strength where as we won't be.

This is a game where Kane, Son, Moura, and Eriksen (if he starts) needs to play REALLY WELL.

In betting terms the odds must favour the Gooners. Obviously, I hope we do something but I honestly wish this fixture had been later in the season when we were more composed and had players completely fit.


Always the heart.lol.

Just got a good feeling about this one. Might even check the odds.
0

#58 User is offline   stokesie 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,933
  • Joined: 19-December 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kent

Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:57

View Postold spur, on 01 September 2019 - 11:36, said:

To be honest I am almost considering not watching this. Our record in the league over the last 15 games has been dreadful, and I have a feeling it's not going to improve soon

Luckily Iím not gonna be able to watch it. So I will check in here to see how we played tonight .
But to be honest I can already see whatís gonna happen. With the style we play at the current time, Iíd be surprised if we have a shot on target in the first 45 mins.
0

#59 User is offline   tomtom 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 10,726
  • Joined: 18-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:09

We've scored 5 in the last 3 stokesie lol
0

#60 User is offline   Roshan 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,663
  • Joined: 25-June 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chester, England
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 01 September 2019 - 14:37

Good to see Vertongen and Ericksen starting.

Will be a tough game.
Hope Spurs can snatch a point today.
Hope early in the second half Moura, Alli and Celso will have a go.

Come On Spurs 😍.
To Date Is To Do 🙏.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.
0

Share this topic:


  • 9 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users