Palace at home

#21 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 14 September 2019 - 14:24

YESSS

Sonny 3-0, epic.

Also, Aurier playing like a right forward. Palace too open imo. Played into our hands with their 4-4-2. Early goals helping us. Could be a bloodbath.

#22 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 14:27

Aurier well up for it lol

#23 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 14 September 2019 - 14:49

Had a feeling this performance was coming. Loving it

#24 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 September 2019 - 14:53

Brilliant 1st half everyone at it and playing like a team again,,now I just want to see the same in 2and half,don't want us to come out with the wrong mentality thinking the game is up,,,us fans are due a 5 or 6 nil win

#25 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 14:57

View Posthotsauce, on 14 September 2019 - 14:53, said:

Brilliant 1st half everyone at it and playing like a team again,,now I just want to see the same in 2and half,don't want us to come out with the wrong mentality thinking the game is up,,,us fans are due a 5 or 6 nil win

WOW this is more like it lads!!!!! Get in the 4-0 what a first half!

WE WANT 10

#26 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 15:01

I agree I want 5 or 6 in the new ground. Is it too greedy? No, we beat Huddersfield 4-0, so we have a chance to improve.

That said, Pochettino's Spurs are third in the league, 4-0 up at half time, with Alderweireld and Vertonghen pulling the strings from a high line. I'd take that all day long as it feels a bit more like the old White Hart Lane season when we finished on 86 points.

We've already beaten Palace here too at WHL 2.0.

It is a great stadium btw.

#27 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 September 2019 - 15:57

took our foot off a bit 2nd half but nice to see our first clean sheet in what feels like ages!

Really exciting attacking play today. Sonny looking like he's got the rust off, Kane alert and creative, Eriksen back to creating and Lamela carrying on his form. Winks and Aurier really good as well.

#28 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 15:58

Pros: Clean sheet, three points, scored over three goals
Cons: Struggled before the goal, a better side would punish at both ends, didn't make it five second half

Overall, a good day, business as usual again, not necessarily a bad thing, and could have been a lot worse...

Roll on Olympiakos.

#29 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 September 2019 - 16:06

View Post50 Cent, on 14 September 2019 - 15:58, said:

Pros: Clean sheet, three points, scored over three goals
Cons: Struggled before the goal, a better side would punish at both ends, didn't make it five second half

Overall, a good day, business as usual again, not necessarily a bad thing, and could have been a lot worse...

Roll on Olympiakos.

Struggled before the goal??? What are you on about? The goal in the 10th min?

If our biggest issue is only scoring 4 then we are doing well. Hard not to take your foot off the gas when you go 4-0 in at half time. Not worth killing yourself or risking injury to add one more.
Beautifully done today spurs, get in.

#30 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 September 2019 - 16:10

Nice performance. Played some good stuff.

Eriksen should be demoted from free kicks

We should buy Zaha

Hodgson should be in a nursing home

#31 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 16:13

View PostChrisPienaar, on 14 September 2019 - 16:06, said:

Struggled before the goal??? What are you on about? The goal in the 10th min?

If our biggest issue is only scoring 4 then we are doing well. Hard not to take your foot off the gas when you go 4-0 in at half time. Not worth killing yourself or risking injury to add one more.
Beautifully done today spurs, get in.

Struggled in terms of we could only create half chances and the one chance Palace created was clear cut and against the run of play. If Palace go one up it is a different game.

Son rescued us, to the point where the midfield three not linking up properly doesn't need to be analysed. Alderweireld also pinged a ball that hurt their back four directly, and in general they were not set up with enough respect, probably because they were in the top four and had a free hit.

In other words, we need to score early in these types of games. Thanks to Son we did that.

#32 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 September 2019 - 16:43

View Post50 Cent, on 14 September 2019 - 16:13, said:

Struggled in terms of we could only create half chances and the one chance Palace created was clear cut and against the run of play. If Palace go one up it is a different game.

Son rescued us, to the point where the midfield three not linking up properly doesn't need to be analysed. Alderweireld also pinged a ball that hurt their back four directly, and in general they were not set up with enough respect, probably because they were in the top four and had a free hit.

In other words, we need to score early in these types of games. Thanks to Son we did that.

Absolutely but we most definitely did not struggle. Sakho was well off the pace and that helped us a lot. Early goals are always important in these games and Son is proof of why it is important to have special players and good rotation. Heís done the business today, maybe Kane next time, Lucas, Alli, Eriksen, lamela, lo celso, sessegnon.....

As I said after our last game I can only see us improving and growing as a squad. COYS

#33 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 September 2019 - 17:04

Can anyone explain to me what was the point of taking Kane off after 85 mins and bringing Moura on ?

We were 4-0 up at half time , why not bring Moura on then ?

If Iím Moura , I would tell Poch to stick it right up his arse and hand in a transfer request Monday morning

#34 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 17:06

View PostChrisPienaar, on 14 September 2019 - 16:43, said:

Absolutely but we most definitely did not struggle. Sakho was well off the pace and that helped us a lot. Early goals are always important in these games and Son is proof of why it is important to have special players and good rotation. Heís done the business today, maybe Kane next time, Lucas, Alli, Eriksen, lamela, lo celso, sessegnon.....

As I said after our last game I can only see us improving and growing as a squad. COYS

Personally I felt we struggled with a midfield three of Eriksen, Winks, and Sissoko. They do not suit that formation imo, and the goal opened up the game and Palace never turned up so it doesn't matter.

I think Son, Lamela, Eriksen, and Kane have played well together in the last two games and deserve first choice. I even think that the back four is worth sticking with for a while in order to have consistency, especially Jan and Toby. It is just the two positions in central midfield and the formation there is still our biggest weakness, and full back is still our second biggest weakness.

I don't feel a 4-0 result changes it, but rather masks it.

#35 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 17:37

This is exactly how we need to start every game against these Ďsit back/park the bus lower sidesí ...go full throttle - donít give them something to hold onto

#36 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 September 2019 - 18:39

View Post50 Cent, on 14 September 2019 - 17:06, said:

Personally I felt we struggled with a midfield three of Eriksen, Winks, and Sissoko. They do not suit that formation imo, and the goal opened up the game and Palace never turned up so it doesn't matter.

I think Son, Lamela, Eriksen, and Kane have played well together in the last two games and deserve first choice. I even think that the back four is worth sticking with for a while in order to have consistency, especially Jan and Toby. It is just the two positions in central midfield and the formation there is still our biggest weakness, and full back is still our second biggest weakness.

I don't feel a 4-0 result changes it, but rather masks it.

LOL stop moaning, the team played well in the first half.

#37 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 14 September 2019 - 20:21

After seeing today's performance, can't understand how we lost against Newcastle and drew against the Goobers 🤔🤔🤔.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#38 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 September 2019 - 20:28

No doubt, Van Dijk is currently the leagues best centreback but I still think Toby and Jan is the best central defensive partnership.

#39 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 September 2019 - 22:08

Toby was much closer to his best today

#40 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 September 2019 - 22:19

View Poststokesie, on 14 September 2019 - 17:04, said:

Can anyone explain to me what was the point of taking Kane off after 85 mins and bringing Moura on ?

We were 4-0 up at half time , why not bring Moura on then ?

If Iím Moura , I would tell Poch to stick it right up his arse and hand in a transfer request Monday morning

I say this all the time, we never use opportunities to rest Kane. Maybe not at HT but after 60 mins or so bloody take him off. We are going to play a match every 3/4 days for the next few weeks it just doesnít make sense to keep him on.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users