• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Premier League

#1 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 17 September 2019 - 19:43

Table seems to be taking form about now. Would not be surprised if it stayed the same or similar at five games in.

Surprise package? Norwich. Actually a good team to watch. Pukki is the Finn Aguero. Perhaps Championship fans saw this coming. I did not, and I am eating humble pie for not wanting them promoted. So well done Norwich. [valid until they do a Hull City or a Blackpool as they can't defend LOL]

Watford can still get out of trouble in time. Wolves too, depending on their Europa League. But perhaps they deserve a scare for crazy off the pitch manager and transfer policy.

Aside from that, I think I want Chelsea to beat Liverpool just so there is still a chance of a bigger title chase. I say chase and not race, because Liverpool are running away with it. That is said with my neutral hat on. I am well aware with my Spurs hat that it is safer to want Chelsea to lose, or a draw at least if we are unsure if our best finish is third or not.

I'd take third and a trophy.

#2 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 September 2019 - 20:35

Perhaps you are reading too much into the table at this stage (and even earlier as you were drawing conclusions after 3 games iirc). As city are showing injuries and decisions like resting a key player can change things massively. They're actually quite lucky that with Stones and Laporte out they're not facing any top 6 teams at all for a while, but hopefully more teams will be able to take advantage of their dodgy defence.

They won their first 5 a few years ago and everyone thought they'd walk the league, then we beat em in 6th game and they didn't. Liverpool do look good but plenty can go wrong when games start coming thick and fast. They're a VVD and/or Salah injury away from being knocked down a peg imo.

Agree Watford and wolves will probably get out of trouble. Wolves showing once again adding Europa qualifiers / group games into the schedule can really weaken a team but they'll either adjust or pick up points when their fixture list calms down.

Don't think Norwich fans foresaw such a good start. My Norwich mates are buzzing. I suspect their form will drop off by December but hopefully they will be safe, it's great to see a team come up trying to play football properly and not getting smashed off the park for it.

#3 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 17 September 2019 - 21:04

Yes, I felt, from our perspective, that our first four games were key to whether we could win the league or not. The Newcastle and Arsenal results suggest we are more of a "competing for the top four" team, than a "competing for the top two" team. Although Liverpool and City both had minor blips throughout the season, on the whole they started well and were not able to be caught. I realistically can't see that changing. Yes VVD or Salah could get injured. In fact, I wonder why teams do not target VVD sometimes. Perhaps because Mourinho isn't in the league. It is probably a good thing for football as a whole, but basically if you injure VVD you do stop Liverpool's defence imo. Their attack is still good enough with Mane, and co.

City sold Kompany and Laporte is already injured. Their loss to Norwich was similar to watching them three or four years ago, although they also have more fire power now.

Even if Liverpool lose one game they will still be four points ahead of us, which is still too much for us to catch. They did just lose in the Champions League, but they have less incentive in that competition than we do this season imo.

#4 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 September 2019 - 17:29

Tottenham Ladies won today.

#5 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 06 October 2019 - 16:25

I don't care about women's football lol.

Liverpool have won the league, and thoroughly deserve it to be fair. If some of their fans were not complete bellends I would be satisfied.

#6 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 30 November 2019 - 20:21

Are Chelsea slipping?

Is our best finish third again?

Can the foxes hunt the liver bird?

#7 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:54

According to telegraph:

Rashford’s back was giving him such pain in the days before the Wolves game that he was struggling to sit down during a filmed interview with Ryan Giggs at Hotel Football and instead had to stand for the majority of it

Pretty bad negligence. Thought it was just our club who did stuff like that.

#8 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 21 January 2020 - 10:53

View Posttomtom, on 21 January 2020 - 09:54, said:

According to telegraph:

Rashford’s back was giving him such pain in the days before the Wolves game that he was struggling to sit down during a filmed interview with Ryan Giggs at Hotel Football and instead had to stand for the majority of it

Pretty bad negligence. Thought it was just our club who did stuff like that.

Ollie rang Levy, obviously.

#9 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 21 January 2020 - 13:15

Rashford is the Kane of United but with an N'Dombele type injury

#10 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 January 2020 - 14:31

View Post50 Cent, on 21 January 2020 - 13:15, said:

Rashford is the Kane of United but with an N'Dombele type injury

Rashford was rubbish under Maureen, let's hope you are wrong

#11 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 21 January 2020 - 20:21

The only reason Liverpool are doing well is because their board are making football decisions while everyone else is making money and PR decisions. Also their manager doesn't care who they sign and coaches whatever is put in front of him.

#12 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 January 2020 - 20:52

View Post50 Cent, on 21 January 2020 - 20:21, said:

The only reason Liverpool are doing well is because their board are making football decisions while everyone else is making money and PR decisions. Also their manager doesn't care who they sign and coaches whatever is put in front of him.

He and they are developing youth very well. And who thought Henderson would be such a bloody miracle?

#13 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 22 January 2020 - 21:41

View PostYidio Yidio, on 21 January 2020 - 20:52, said:

He and they are developing youth very well. And who thought Henderson would be such a bloody miracle?

This gives me hope for winks :P

#14 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 January 2020 - 22:05

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 22 January 2020 - 21:41, said:

This gives me hope for winks :P

Yawn. Maureen to busy ruining tanganga

#15 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:49

View PostYidio Yidio, on 22 January 2020 - 22:05, said:

Yawn. Maureen to busy ruining tanganga

still done more for our academy players in a couple months than Poch has in a couple years.

It's a tricky one with Tanganga now... unless we go 3 CBs every match with Sanchez him and Toby idk where we should play him. Don't want him at LB at all personally. RCB would be ideal but I'm not ready to throw away Sanchez and Toby is showing some signs of form and in longball Tottenham he's probably a must

#16 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 15:07

Tanganga should be centre back if he is the best centre back. If he can do a job in defensive mid I wouldn't mind him there either. Beats playing N'Dombele in a diamond 4 at the back against Norwich away, but that is another story.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users