• You cannot reply to this topic

Leicester Away

#41 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 21 September 2019 - 13:51

View PostSpurs scout, on 21 September 2019 - 13:47, said:

It is the team right now that is bothering me, so many things wrong at our team and the club. I don't know why we was so open even when we was one nil up, our defending reminds me of the Arsenal and Olympakios game, we now look the kind of team that is not hard to score against.

Yes that is another problem, our defence has become a shambles. Will need a big investment soon. Not sure what is going on at the back with us lately but as you say we seem to have to score 3 or more have a chance of winning away. I think thatís no away wins since January.
Iím imagining some changes for Tuesday away to colchester, got to say Iím not so confident for that one given how weíre playing and the likely changes to happen.

#42 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 September 2019 - 13:53

View Post50 Cent, on 21 September 2019 - 13:50, said:

I think Pochettino is under pressure to be honest and he puts it on himself.

What I mean by this is fans can only forgive the result today if he doesn't change his team that won against Palace, and he gets a win in midweek, and he doesn't complain about his squad being worse than six years ago and other excuses in the media.

I have no problem with him doing whatever he wants but I will judge him accordingly.

I agree we were unlucky today, but not as a whole over the past 17 games or in our player recruitment and so on.

Yes, he has done so much for this club to get us to where we are but he seems to be cracking over the pressure and needs to get his head down and give the players confidence. I think his words are always twisted in the media but why say that this isnít the best squad? What does that achieve?

#43 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 September 2019 - 14:02

Iam just fed up with the team and why are we leaving space behind when we are one nil up, same mistakes every season.

#44 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 September 2019 - 14:03

f***ing ridiculous VAR call mainly because thereís no way a call that tight (1mm FFS) can or will be replicated every game week in week out which is a huge detriment to the game & the swing in momentum that had was massive in the game BUT we are pathetically weak in these types of situations & instantly we all knew the second sons goal was chalked off weíd crumble & thatís exactly what we did FFS.
We are an oppositions dream in this type of scenario, moments where we need toughness, maturity & game management all we get is a flimsy weakness where we expect us to leave with nothing & that is really quite pathetic when replicated so often!
Weíd moved on from that s*** but over the past 9-10 months itís reared itís uhly head again!
VAR was harsh & imo wrong simply because offside canít be implemented in this way consistently & nor would I want it too be because the games about goals thatís what we all want to see but Iím far more concerned with our lack of intelligence &!our worrying form
p!ss poor

#45 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 September 2019 - 14:05

View PostChrisPienaar, on 21 September 2019 - 13:53, said:

Yes, he has done so much for this club to get us to where we are but he seems to be cracking over the pressure and needs to get his head down and give the players confidence. I think his words are always twisted in the media but why say that this isn’t the best squad? What does that achieve?

I am seeing the same rubbish time and time again, lets face it, the players and the manager are bored and stale, Even Kane looks bored with this team.

#46 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 21 September 2019 - 14:07

Agree or not, we are going to have a very painful and miserable season.

The only difference is that the players continue to get their massive salary paid where as on the other hand all the Spurs fan will have a horrible time.

As I said before, Poch and Levy should have sorted out the transfers before the season started.

Another season gone to waste.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#47 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 September 2019 - 14:11

View PostParklaner, on 21 September 2019 - 14:03, said:

f***ing ridiculous VAR call mainly because there’s no way a call that tight (1mm FFS) can or will be replicated every game week in week out which is a huge detriment to the game & the swing in momentum that had was massive in the game BUT we are pathetically weak in these types of situations & instantly we all knew the second sons goal was chalked off we’d crumble & that’s exactly what we did FFS.
We are an oppositions dream in this type of scenario, moments where we need toughness, maturity & game management all we get is a flimsy weakness where we expect us to leave with nothing & that is really quite pathetic when replicated so often!
We’d moved on from that s*** but over the past 9-10 months it’s reared it’s uhly head again!
VAR was harsh & imo wrong simply because offside can’t be implemented in this way consistently & nor would I want it too be because the games about goals that’s what we all want to see but I’m far more concerned with our lack of intelligence &!our worrying form
p!ss poor

Too be fair we carnt complain against Var because it helped us got lucky results in the past. I can't understand how we have gone back to having a soft underbelly , I thought those days are gone, whenever I watch this team now, I don't feel confident we will win even if we are three nil up.

#48 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 September 2019 - 14:14

View PostSpurs scout, on 21 September 2019 - 14:11, said:

We carnt complain about Var because if it was not for Var against City we would of lost the game. Maybe as a team we should work harder at defending in the first place.

Iím not complaining about VAR Iím stating my opinion that you canít marshal offsides with that margin because itís IMPOSSIBLE to replicate it in EVERY game? 1mm ? Ridiculous

#49 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 September 2019 - 14:20

Agree with whatís been said above, we are so weak when things donít go our way. A truly big team would not crumble every single time. As you say, I knew the second auriers goal was not given that we would not win the game, I thought weíd at least draw but to lose is a travesty.

I also agree that our football has taken a hit, we used to be one of the most enjoyable teams to watch with high pressing forcing mistakes, counter attacking football and now we struggle to break teams down and give away leads.
If this continues over the next few weeks something will have to give. We are not playing the kind of football we were 2/3 seasons ago.

#50 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 September 2019 - 14:30

View PostParklaner, on 21 September 2019 - 14:14, said:

I’m not complaining about VAR I’m stating my opinion that you can’t marshal offsides with that margin because it’s IMPOSSIBLE to replicate it in EVERY game? 1mm ? Ridiculous

I know it was harsh but I am just annoyed that when we was one nil up we never looked like holding on to the lead but when Leicester was one nil up they made it hard for us . That fight to protect the lead is not there. How do we expect to win things if the team unit is no longer there. It is like the only time we fight is when Poch has some harsh words to say.

#51 User is offline   JRB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Dedicated Spurs Supporter since 1950!

Posted 21 September 2019 - 14:35

I agree Parky
I thought VAR decisions had to be clear and obvious? Our disallowed goal was not! Judged to be a couple of mmís offside. Crazy! Thatís not clear and obvious. There has to be a margin of error allowed for. Also just how can it know exactly when the ball eas last played? Crazy! Even Lineker who I rarely agree with says the VAR is being used is cr@p and sucking the life out of the game.
Itís the same now with the changed handball rule.

#52 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, Cricket, Athletics, Rugby Union, film and books, current affairs

Posted 21 September 2019 - 15:39

For spells of the first half we looked as good as we have done all season. Lamela positive, Kane alert and on it, runners appearing, quick ball.

Defensively a shambles.

#53 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2019 - 16:02

Will Pochettino be sacked? Will we finish 17th and win the Champions League?

Find out next week on Spursy

#54 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 21 September 2019 - 16:25

View Post50 Cent, on 21 September 2019 - 16:02, said:

Fancy a bet on those scenarios?

#55 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 21 September 2019 - 16:45

View Post50 Cent, on 21 September 2019 - 13:50, said:

I think Pochettino is under pressure to be honest and he puts it on himself.

What I mean by this is fans can only forgive the result today if he doesn't change his team that won against Palace, and he gets a win in midweek, and he doesn't complain about his squad being worse than six years ago and other excuses in the media.

I have no problem with him doing whatever he wants but I will judge him accordingly.

I agree we were unlucky today, but not as a whole over the past 17 games or in our player recruitment and so on.

Fair comment but in fairness the game could have gone either way. If Leicester play like that they will take a LOT of teams down on their home patch. It was a shame The Big Moose had to come off with a yellow card because I thought he was our best player.

What bothers me about Spurs - AND IT KEEPS HAPPENING - is that when ever there is a crucial/crunch game where we can make progress and put pressure on teams around us we seem to mess it up. Two losses so far isn't good though and we've had two draws when we were two goals up.

I still don't think we spent enough in the transfer window. £74M wasn't good enough with all the ins and outs and I actually expected twice that outlay.

Great poacher's goal by Kane but I wouldn't mind that Maddison because he was the best on the pitch.

#56 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 September 2019 - 16:57

Guys Iím in another continent and struggling to catch games, what the f*** is going on with us?

#57 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 September 2019 - 17:27

View PostLonspurs, on 21 September 2019 - 16:45, said:

Fair comment but in fairness the game could have gone either way. If Leicester play like that they will take a LOT of teams down on their home patch. It was a shame The Big Moose had to come off with a yellow card because I thought he was our best player.

What bothers me about Spurs - AND IT KEEPS HAPPENING - is that when ever there is a crucial/crunch game where we can make progress and put pressure on teams around us we seem to mess it up. Two losses so far isn't good though and we've had two draws when we were two goals up.

I still don't think we spent enough in the transfer window. £74M wasn't good enough with all the ins and outs and I actually expected twice that outlay.

Great poacher's goal by Kane but I wouldn't mind that Maddison because he was the best on the pitch.

Yep there was investment made this summer but we needed more. We sold trippier but didnít sign a RB and we wouldíve sold Aurier too if we had found a buyer. Yet no real efforts were made to sign a RB.

Eriksen made it clear he wanted to go yet we didnít sell him and brought in his replacement last minute as we always do yet kept him anyway!

We made rose available for transfer yet kept him and heís now our first choice LB.

We could end up losing vertonghen, Toby and Eriksen for nothing??

We have made a mess of transfers over the last few windows. We have corrected some things but then made others worse. We have progressed tremendously under Poch, we reached a CL final that I thought Iíd never see. But if we start regressing then itís time to worry.

I will remain calm at the moment however and ignore the doom and gloom talk. We have played against City, Arsenal and Leicester away already. Those are three very tough fixtures. And thatís with an unsettled squad. I hope sessegnon and lo celso get better ASAP because we need new blood in the team.

#58 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 September 2019 - 17:48

Sons feet were not offside for G..s sake. Ridiculous that any other part of the body should be considered,offside.
In an athletics race how many times do you see a runner win a race by dipping his and shoulders across the finishing line?

Bringing Wanyama on why do that. Heís a player who is considered past his best so where was Oliver Skipp,who has a great future at the club.
Poch promotes young players....rubbish.

#59 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 September 2019 - 17:48

View Post50 Cent, on 21 September 2019 - 16:02, said:

You can't sack a manager when he has overachieved. We overachieved last year in the champions league, I don't expect another miracle lol. The worrying thing is we had better sides then this under poch and it was not good enough to win things, why do we expect to win things with this stale team.

#60 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 September 2019 - 18:05

Iíve thought this for a while but Lewis Dunk from Brighton is a fantastic old fashioned defender and I think we could use someone like him. Watching him now against Newcastle and heís a real leader and throws himself into every tackle and is a player that loves to defend. Heís 27 so could still hang around for a few more years. If Brighton donít ask for silly money would be a clever signing IMO.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users